MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been for a couple of rides recently while on holiday. Thought I'd share some pictures.
The bike in the pictures is a 312R. Most of the pictures are with a set of spare black and silver fairings and tank from a 1000R I purchased recently.
1 + 2. Hawkes Bay. East coast of the North Island
3 + 4. Kapiti Island seen from the Paekakariki road. West coast of North Island
5. New Zealands answer to The Randarosa
6 + 7. Further into the Paekakariki Hill road
8, 9 + 10. Rimutaka Hill road.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Great Pics
Nice to see that your clocking some Km's,Did you do the trip two up ? I ask as in the shots the passenger pegs are down
New bike arrived last week so running in motor then maybe some good rides,coromandels etc and a few gentle trackdays.
Will you be tempted to the A1GP or any of the many trackdays at Taupo ?

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great Pics
Nice to see that your clocking some Km's,Did you do the trip two up ? I ask as in the shots the passenger pegs are down
New bike arrived last week so running in motor then maybe some good rides,coromandels etc and a few gentle trackdays.
Will you be tempted to the A1GP or any of the many trackdays at Taupo ?
Hawkes Bay was 2 up. Melanie, my wife.
Manfeild is my local track. I have no plans for track days this year.
Enjoy the MV up north.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Nice Pics indeed.

I need to do a trip to New Zealand.

I've never been further east than Kuwait. Or further west than CA.

CAG

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Nice pics Dave.
Sounds like you had fun :f4:

I'd love to visit NZ and there's something about that vegetation that makes me think about adventure.

BTW i see you love the black F4R-312R color scheme :smoking:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Tiago the tank and air box was from Carl (CAG) and the fairings were from Brandon (B.Harris).
I went to the United States in 2006 and you start up a conversation with someone they will ask "Where are you from?" When you tell them NZ they would always reply that they would love to visit or they knew someone who had been there. I found Americans are very friendly people, I'd love to go back.
It's a pitty that we are so isolated here. It's a long trip down here from just about anywhere on the planet except Australia.
If you do want to travel to NZ you can stay here to keep your costs down, until you go to the South Island where the scenery is even better than the North Island.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Yes Tiago the tank and air box was from Carl (CAG) and the fairings were from Brandon (B.Harris).
I went to the United States in 2006 and you start up a conversation with someone they will ask "Where are you from?" When you tell them NZ they would always reply that they would love to visit or they knew someone who had been there. I found Americans are very friendly people, I'd love to go back.
It's a pitty that we are so isolated here. It's a long trip down here from just about anywhere on the planet except Australia.
If you do want to travel to NZ you can stay here to keep your costs down, until you go to the South Island where the scenery is even better than the North Island.
Dave, thanks a lot for the kind offer :smoking:
I'm affraid it won't be in the near future, but who knows one day i can make it there?
I'll surely pay you a visit if i go. :friday:
And if you ever want to come here for a nice holiday you can rest assured i'll get you a nice place to stay.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
ahh New Zealand, it seems like such a magnificent place...

Some day...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Great pics Dave, I'm the only one in my family to have not visited NZ. Everytime I see it the travel bug starts to hit me.

When the kids are older we're there! love the dual colour scheme mate, I may have to copy your idea :yo:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great pics Dave, I'm the only one in my family to have not visited NZ. Everytime I see it the travel bug starts to hit me.

When the kids are older we're there! love the dual colour scheme mate, I may have to copy your idea :yo:
Yep, it's one benefit of the design of the F4 (and I guess the Brutale) remaining the same over a long period of time: interchanging parts. The quotes to buy these parts from an MV dealer were incredibly high. Second hand is the only way to go.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Love NZ, went in 05, stayed with some top friends in Te Puke (ducati and triumph owners) for three weeks and did a week in Queenstown..... nearly moved down, even offered a job but it never happened:bash:

Hope we might come back in 2011 for a 50th birthday treat for someone:laughing:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd suggest the South Island in Jan or Feb, best scenery and weather.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks for adding your pictures Juan. I'll have to wait for about 5 months for the sideways rain season. Today, however, is amazing. I took these shots about lunch time on 15/01/2009. I'll go for a ride this afternoon. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 282 Posts