MV Agusta Forum banner

New York Show

4K views 48 replies 24 participants last post by  burgesscb 
#1 ·
Hi to all. Just back from the NYC show,the MV guys really rolled out the red carpet for there owners. There are no pictures that will do justice to the F4CC the more you look the more you see details,like all the grills in titainium,MV logo laser echted into the radiator grill,billet kick stand. will try to put up some photos.Lots of guys from the forum there everyone snapping photos

#3 ·
The show was good this year. I met plenty of people from the group and being a Friday, the show was not crowded.

The MV staff was great greating owners and giving them a goody bag with a free CC T-shirt and a VIP lanyard to look cool with.
Coffee, drinks a snacks and a closed off area to chill out was great.

The F4CC did not dissapoint! The more you looked the more detail showed. Every piece on the bike is absolutely top notch in quality.
The CF and paint was the absolute best I have EVER seen...the painting and CF gave the panels a 3D effect as the paint and clearcoat was so thick.

I hate to say it, but after looking at the CC bike, the Senna next to it paled in comparison in detail.

I did not care for the Ducati display at all! Cramped and closed in. You could not walk around the bikes and get a good look. I could not wait to get out of there.

The Desmocedici looked cool but had some rough edges on it. Sort of like a rough race bike (which it is)
The 1098 was pretty good but I though the rear of the bike borrowed to much from the F4 and the exhaust looked way too big and took away from the design.

Attachments

#4 ·
Thx for pics John. I was out all week but almost made it there yesterday. Did you see anything else of note. Other colors on the 910 or F4? The CC looks like a jewel

#6 ·
key

If you bring your key or some id on your ownership of MV the MV guys will give you lots of freebies/swag: t shirts, lanyards and promo items. Just nice to get a little distinction at the MV tent.

I didn't bring mine but they gave it to me any way. :blah:

Could have had a lot more at the whole show for 15 bucks. Lots of small vendors didn't come but I guess that is a testimony to the internet.

#10 ·
Look at the picture of the 1098 fairing -- fit and finish? not particularly good even if it's supposed to be like that. Yes that's Cook Neilson on the NCR 'New Blue'
The exhaust plumbing on the v4 Desmo looks way complicated.

It was great to meet everyone - we should have a really wicked riding season this year!

#11 ·
Nice pics...I'm heading down right now!

#13 ·
"I did not care for the Ducati display at all! Cramped and closed in. You could not walk around the bikes and get a good look. I could not wait to get out of there."
I agree a very poor use of the space it was a maze,did see spanky working there.
Don't for get this bike sorry about the poor pic,and another of the CC.

Attachments

#15 ·
anucci said:
John, you are absolutely correct about the exhaust on the 1098. It looks totally out of place. I am going to try and make it down to the show Sunday morning.
the F4 is the most beautful bike in the world
but....
the 1098 Tricolore is a great-looking bike

#16 ·
one more thing
on the 1098 forum......
folks heap praise on every MV product they see...
of course, they, TOO, make fun of the COST of the CC
but.....
my point is that they always have something nice to say about our bikes.....
so, constantly putting down THEIR bikes..... is childish

the 1098 will (already is) a runaway success
and the Tricolore is gorgeous

as nice as the F4....
no....
but,
it's time for an MV redo...
the bike is old enough
let's see what MV comes out with next

i'm all ready to see it.... i know that you guys and gals are as well

#17 ·
Greg, really like the 1098...But,I hated the display at the NY show and I stand by that.

I also think the exhaust looks a little out of place. They don't blend, rather they stick out like after thoughts. Sort of like they had the pipes and just stuck them on.

I really hope this is a smash hit for Ducati, they really need it and I would hate to see them go under. Only time will tell how good this bike really is with regards to reliability and durability.

I might even add one to my garage if they are all they are cracked up to be...might wait for the bigger motor though.... (have a soft spot for Italian twins)

#18 ·
spalding12 said:
as nice as the F4....
no....
but,
it's time for an MV redo...
the bike is old enough
let's see what MV comes out with next

i'm all ready to see it.... i know that you guys and gals are as well
The age of a design does not necessarily spell out the need to be redone! The F4 (okay, my opinion, maybe slightly bias) is still a leading design today! Still considered the most beautiful... :)

#19 ·
airfuel said:
Greg, really like the 1098...But,I hated the display at the NY show and I stand by that.

I also think the exhaust looks a little out of place. They don't blend, rather they stick out like after thoughts. Sort of like they had the pipes and just stuck them on.

I really hope this is a smash hit for Ducati, they really need it and I would hate to see them go under. Only time will tell how good this bike really is with regards to reliability and durability.

I might even add one to my garage if they are all they are cracked up to be...might wait for the bigger motor though.... (have a soft spot for Italian twins)
i'm happy to hear your say that
horrible that they had such a bad setup at the bike show
ridiculous actually

i don't think that anyone will ever build a bike with a more beautiful rear end than MV has with the F4... maybe they'll all stopped trying :)

#20 ·
admin said:
The age of a design does not necessarily spell out the need to be redone! The F4 (okay, my opinion, maybe slightly bias) is still a leading design today! Still considered the most beautiful... :)
you are completely right, alvin
but....
you can't keep selling the same bike for 20 years....
can you?

i guess that will be the ultimate penalty to pay for having made the most beautiful bike of all time

#21 ·
Greg, I don't think guys here put Dukes down. Quite the opposite. Most seem to own or have owned a Ducati or several in the past (I have owned 9).
Of course the 1098 will sell in truckloads, no question about that. And at the price it is very impressive. But every bike has something people don't like. So a forum is a good way for the factory's to get that feedback and modify. Feedback doesn't have to be seen as negative, but rather it is healthy.
I personally would not sell a F41000 to get one as there is no reason. In the next few years there will be some interesting models coming out so lets see what happens. And the rumoured Ducati 1200R is just too tempting not to wait for.
As for a redesign on the F4 I hope mssrs Tamburini and Castiglioni do not mess with it. Give it subtle updates, improvements and paint schemes, but leave the main design alone. Refine it like Prosche did with the 911. Ducati is now realising the importance of this, hence the 1098 styling.
I for one am looking forward to having a ride with the hordes of 1098's about to hit the streets and ride days. Will be great fun and yes the tricolore is georgeous and my pick as a favourite.

#22 ·
spalding12 said:
you are completely right, alvin
but....
you can't keep selling the same bike for 20 years....
can you?

i guess that will be the ultimate penalty to pay for having made the most beautiful bike of all time
911 1963:

911 2006:

43 years and counting. A TIMELESS vs a timely design never needs to be redone comletely, you wouldn't ask Rembrant to 'update' his work, would you?

The performance matters more than the appearance, and the F41000R is still at the top!

Attachments

#23 ·
MVASyd said:
Greg, I don't think guys here put Dukes down. Quite the opposite. Most seem to own or have owned a Ducati or several in the past (I have owned 9).
Of course the 1098 will sell in truckloads, no question about that. And at the price it is very impressive. But every bike has something people don't like. So a forum is a good way for the factory's to get that feedback and modify. Feedback doesn't have to be seen as negative, but rather it is healthy.
I personally would not sell a F41000 to get one as there is no reason. In the next few years there will be some interesting models coming out so lets see what happens. And the rumoured Ducati 1200R is just too tempting not to wait for.
As for a redesign on the F4 I hope mssrs Tamburini and Castiglioni do not mess with it. Give it subtle updates, improvements and paint schemes, but leave the main design alone. Refine it like Prosche did with the 911. Ducati is now realising the importance of this, hence the 1098 styling.
I for one am looking forward to having a ride with the hordes of 1098's about to hit the streets and ride days. Will be great fun and yes the tricolore is georgeous and my pick as a favourite.
excellent post
thanks for taking the time to post it

only time will tell what the eventual reputation of the 1098 will be

there really is NO 1188R on the horizon.... YET
so, the rumors of that bike are just that..... rumors

#25 ·
Thanks, I am sure no one wants to see any manufacturer fail especially Ducati. But they do seem to lose their way from time to time.
I was also thinking about this post, and I remember I had one of the first F4 750's. If I look at a new F4 1000R now, there is not one major component that has not been completly updated or changed, yet it still has the same "looks". I think that is a good thing.
My comment regarding the 1200 will I guess depend on how the SBK rules change, or don't change. But lets not forget Ducati have cunningly homologated the Desmocedici under everyones radar. So if it doesn't change, voila instant V4 1000 race bike, now that excites me. So with Aprilia with their V4 1000 for 2008, MV gearing up for a WSBK berth in 2008 it will be interesting.

#26 ·
Those are great comparisions. I think that Ducati regrets the 999, although I really like the handling of mine and the looks are well, different. They would have been better off with evolution as opposed to the radical change, like I hope MV will follow.

Shame about the display, they need a first class unveiling for this machine.

I like the 1098, but the front looks like an R1 mated to a Buell, not that it is bad just unoriginal. The Zard exhaust looks much better than the Termi's which wouldn't be too difficult. This bike is going to create exactly what both Ducati and MV desire, mass marketing for Ducati and increased exclusivity for MV Agusta!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.