MV Agusta Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
I talked to Matthew Stutzman - and he opened up the tank to expose the Husky engine - saying that the bike was generating a lot of interest - he also suggested a price of =/- 8Kish - I suggested they sponsor a Mito Race series or at least get MV/Ferracci to sponsor a rider in wera.... the marvic wheels and shorty exhaust were fantastic...

WOW-that Cagiva 500 single is too much fun,it would be the perfect
track bike or be great for the hilly,twisty,backroads plus I love
the styling of the 916. I know single cylinder bikes do not sell esp well
in the US,but I did love my MZ Skorpian & Black Panther.

spalding12 said:
thanks for that review, Joe
so sorry i wasn't there... wish i had been
sounds like MV did everything FIRST CLASS....
that makes me happy... though it isn't surprising
afterall... they are a FIRST CLASS ORGANIZATION
Thanks Greg, I wish you were there as well.

When I saw the 1098 S Tricolore, I thought of you, and how excited you will be when you get it. BTW, I sat on the 1098 (which was on a rear stand) and was very happy to see that it does feel lower than my MV, but not quite as low as the 999. You won't be dissapointed. :smoking:

I will never forget the 2007 NY Show at the Javits center - that is where I fell in love with MV.

I was previously riding an '03 Gixxer 1k, which I must say, did love quite a bit... It had so much power (PC3 + Yosh, etc) and was fairly comfortable given my size (6'0, but built like a football player). I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with my next bike, but knew that '07 was definitely the year for an upgrade. When the '03 Gixxer 1k came out, it was the hottest bike of the year. This year, I didn't really see any liter-class bike stand out from the rest.

I checked out the latest Japanese offerings, but they were all lackluster. The new Gixxer in particular was suspect, because here we were at the NY show, and they don't even have engine performance specs yet? That to me indicated that they were having problems and still tweaking things at the last minute to make their numbers where they needed to be.

Anyway, the 1098 S Tricolore is a beautiful bike, and if not for my aversion from twins (I just don't like the feel), I would have strongly considered it. The Ducati booth was, in fact, horribly cramped.

When I finally made my way towards the MV area everything changed. :) First of all, the F4CC is simply stunning. I was there on early Saturday morning, and it definitely stole the show. The only word I could use to describe it is flawless.

That all being said, when I saw the Senna it was love at first sight. I just had to have one. I spent the next several hours debating in my head as to whether or not I could justify the expense for an "exclusive" (not just the sticker price, but all that comes with it regarding maintenance). By the time Sunday night rolled around I was feverishly trying to find dealers in the area to lock in on a Senna. I wound up ordering from FBF since they were the only one in the greater area that was open on a Monday and had one for sale. I will finally get my hands on it this coming week.

Rambling aside, the show was great, the Ducati's are beautiful, but the MV's are just downright gorgeous. I am now a proud owner as a result.

Thanks for your review of the show and congrats on your Senna, its a beauty :smoking:

SpeedRacer said:
I will never forget the 2007 NY Show at the Javits center - that is where I fell in love with MV.

I was previously riding an '03 Gixxer 1k, which I must say, did love quite a bit... It had so much power (PC3 + Yosh, etc) ... When the '03 Gixxer 1k came out, it was the hottest bike of the year.
We had very similiar experiences. I fell in love with the Senna at the DC show the week before. Like you, I also bought an '03 gixxer 1000 and loved it (left it bone stock). I read every word written in english when it came out and never saw a negative statement. It just killed the competition. I got a ZX10 last spring and I like the bike. Much (and I emphasize Much) more responsive and fun to ride than the gixxer. But I found myself looking for something special.

No real point to my posting. Just surprised to see someone with such a similiar set of experiences as myself.

hellcat said:
We had very similiar experiences. I fell in love with the Senna at the DC show the week before. Like you, I also bought an '03 gixxer 1000 and loved it (left it bone stock). I read every word written in english when it came out and never saw a negative statement. It just killed the competition. I got a ZX10 last spring and I like the bike. Much (and I emphasize Much) more responsive and fun to ride than the gixxer. But I found myself looking for something special.

No real point to my posting. Just surprised to see someone with such a similiar set of experiences as myself.
I actually think this is more the norm with MV owners.

Same thing happened to me last year at the DC show. Wandered around trying to figure out what bike I wanted. Didn't see anything that moved me...and then I saw the Brutale.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.