MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. Just back from the NYC show,the MV guys really rolled out the red carpet for there owners. There are no pictures that will do justice to the F4CC the more you look the more you see details,like all the grills in titainium,MV logo laser echted into the radiator grill,billet kick stand. will try to put up some photos.Lots of guys from the forum there everyone snapping photos

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The show was good this year. I met plenty of people from the group and being a Friday, the show was not crowded.

The MV staff was great greating owners and giving them a goody bag with a free CC T-shirt and a VIP lanyard to look cool with.
Coffee, drinks a snacks and a closed off area to chill out was great.

The F4CC did not dissapoint! The more you looked the more detail showed. Every piece on the bike is absolutely top notch in quality.
The CF and paint was the absolute best I have EVER seen...the painting and CF gave the panels a 3D effect as the paint and clearcoat was so thick.

I hate to say it, but after looking at the CC bike, the Senna next to it paled in comparison in detail.

I did not care for the Ducati display at all! Cramped and closed in. You could not walk around the bikes and get a good look. I could not wait to get out of there.

The Desmocedici looked cool but had some rough edges on it. Sort of like a rough race bike (which it is)
The 1098 was pretty good but I though the rear of the bike borrowed to much from the F4 and the exhaust looked way too big and took away from the design.

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thx for pics John. I was out all week but almost made it there yesterday. Did you see anything else of note. Other colors on the 910 or F4? The CC looks like a jewel

·
Registered
798 Posts
John, you are absolutely correct about the exhaust on the 1098. It looks totally out of place. I am going to try and make it down to the show Sunday morning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
key

If you bring your key or some id on your ownership of MV the MV guys will give you lots of freebies/swag: t shirts, lanyards and promo items. Just nice to get a little distinction at the MV tent.

I didn't bring mine but they gave it to me any way. :blah:

Could have had a lot more at the whole show for 15 bucks. Lots of small vendors didn't come but I guess that is a testimony to the internet.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
bring your key for the free stuff...... I do agree with john on the quality of the CC. The Quality on every inch of that bike is perfect. It even made the senna look like a cookie cutter "big 4" bike

·
Registered
395 Posts
Look at the picture of the 1098 fairing -- fit and finish? not particularly good even if it's supposed to be like that. Yes that's Cook Neilson on the NCR 'New Blue'
The exhaust plumbing on the v4 Desmo looks way complicated.

It was great to meet everyone - we should have a really wicked riding season this year!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Nice pics...I'm heading down right now!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Great pics guys, now I really can't wait to get down there tomorrow.

Hopefully I get a chance to meet some of you at the show !! :moped:

·
Registered
522 Posts
"I did not care for the Ducati display at all! Cramped and closed in. You could not walk around the bikes and get a good look. I could not wait to get out of there."
I agree a very poor use of the space it was a maze,did see spanky working there.
Don't for get this bike sorry about the poor pic,and another of the CC.

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
one more thing
on the 1098 forum......
folks heap praise on every MV product they see...
of course, they, TOO, make fun of the COST of the CC
but.....
my point is that they always have something nice to say about our bikes.....
so, constantly putting down THEIR bikes..... is childish

the 1098 will (already is) a runaway success
and the Tricolore is gorgeous

as nice as the F4....
no....
but,
it's time for an MV redo...
the bike is old enough
let's see what MV comes out with next

i'm all ready to see it.... i know that you guys and gals are as well

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Greg, really like the 1098...But,I hated the display at the NY show and I stand by that.

I also think the exhaust looks a little out of place. They don't blend, rather they stick out like after thoughts. Sort of like they had the pipes and just stuck them on.

I really hope this is a smash hit for Ducati, they really need it and I would hate to see them go under. Only time will tell how good this bike really is with regards to reliability and durability.

I might even add one to my garage if they are all they are cracked up to be...might wait for the bigger motor though.... (have a soft spot for Italian twins)

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
spalding12 said:
as nice as the F4....
no....
but,
it's time for an MV redo...
the bike is old enough
let's see what MV comes out with next

i'm all ready to see it.... i know that you guys and gals are as well
The age of a design does not necessarily spell out the need to be redone! The F4 (okay, my opinion, maybe slightly bias) is still a leading design today! Still considered the most beautiful... :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
airfuel said:
Greg, really like the 1098...But,I hated the display at the NY show and I stand by that.

I also think the exhaust looks a little out of place. They don't blend, rather they stick out like after thoughts. Sort of like they had the pipes and just stuck them on.

I really hope this is a smash hit for Ducati, they really need it and I would hate to see them go under. Only time will tell how good this bike really is with regards to reliability and durability.

I might even add one to my garage if they are all they are cracked up to be...might wait for the bigger motor though.... (have a soft spot for Italian twins)
i'm happy to hear your say that
horrible that they had such a bad setup at the bike show
ridiculous actually

i don't think that anyone will ever build a bike with a more beautiful rear end than MV has with the F4... maybe they'll all stopped trying :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
admin said:
The age of a design does not necessarily spell out the need to be redone! The F4 (okay, my opinion, maybe slightly bias) is still a leading design today! Still considered the most beautiful... :)
you are completely right, alvin
but....
you can't keep selling the same bike for 20 years....
can you?

i guess that will be the ultimate penalty to pay for having made the most beautiful bike of all time

1 - 20 of 49 Posts