MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
That is pretty tight, nice work. hope you don't mind if i take it and put it up right now. :king:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
How about this as wallpaper, if it will pass the censor that is!! :laughing:

It's our cleaning Lady again, Odonata, she just can't keep herself out of the way!

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're sending right now...4 zipped files @ 24MB each...it's going to take a little while!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I want to compliment your adoption of prefab in this country. I'm constantly amazed at the poor design and construction here in typical neighborhoods. Why is it much of the rest of the world understands the concept and we're stuck on outmoded ideas of what good construction 'is'. :rant:

·
Registered
127 Posts
NICE!!! The second one is my new wallpaper at home. I think it was a little to....much ...for the office. Excellent work!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
john said:
How about this as wallpaper, if it will pass the censor that is!! :laughing:

It's our cleaning Lady again, Odonata, she just can't keep herself out of the way!
OMG. She's beautiful... That's awesome!

And it takes a lot to keep me from noticing an MV. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JamesC - thanks for the props on building pre-fab. We're really excited about it and it was very practical for what we wanted to do. We wanted low maintenance which the all steel construction gives us. Plus, we're building in a remote area where it's not easy to find construction workers and shipping them in isn't cost effective. So, the ability to get an air tight shell up in 2-3 weeks is a real benefit. The style of a modern pre-fab isn't for everyone and it certainly isn't the lowest cost per square foot to build, but it will work perfectly for my wife and I. Check back at the website often, I'm trying to blog updates as soon as I have them. In fact, I am going to see if we can have the architect, the developer, and us do a real-time blog about the entire process on LiveModern.

Steve

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I think I missed something on the pre-fab; Is there a website link I missed?
I have used pre-fab in recent projects, and am exploring it further in relation to my Master's thesis on my road to licensure, which actually isn't required n Arizona, but I'm working on a proposal in Montebello, CA. I agree wholly with James on American construction techniques; What has come to be the standard is exactly what was outlawed in Chicago decades ago for contributing to the fire that destroyed most of the city. Pre-fab IMO is a the next logical step in simultaneously improving construction while reducing cost.

Steve, I would be interested in who your architect and builder were, and any future developments.

But I guess now, this should be moved to the "kitchen sink" forum.

- John M.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
In our seemingly never ending search I've requested some info from ecocontempo and listed you as the referring source. Thanks.

Through the years we've cycled through domes, traditional but steel frames, crazy modern and even just plain 'ol stick frame. I think the time to support prefab has come.

John, check his public profile and homepage.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
JamesC said:
In our seemingly never ending search I've requested some info from ecocontempo and listed you as the referring source. Thanks.

Through the years we've cycled through domes, traditional but steel frames, crazy modern and even just plain 'ol stick frame. I think the time to support prefab has come.

John, check his public profile and homepage.

Thanks again.
Ah, thanks, I forgot about that link (username->profile)

Cool blog, you have an interesting life.
I, personally would love an industrial-style modernist home, but my wife will never allow that to happen. However, I have been able to slowly persuade her to at least a little more modern-minimalist genre.
I also applaud you for choosing pre-fab, as the only way it will become affordable is if more architects and builders (and more importantly, their clients), use it.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Large sized images (2080 max length) can be found in Steve's gallery. Some I chose to also be in the wallpaper section and can be found in the wallpaper album.

Great pictures, I can't stop staring.. :blush:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fazer...sorry I didn't get back to you on the pre-fab question sooner...I was at Renaissance picking up all of the OE parts from my F4. There's going to be a big F4 1000 OE parts sale on eBay very soon everyone (got to sort through everything and take some pics).

Back to pre-fab. Glad you found our website. We are really looking forward to going through the process. We're more or less the test case for Lamidesign and Northern Steel so I'm sure we'll find a few issues along the way. Feel free to email me @ [email protected] if you want to talk more about it and, as always, you're welcome to drop by the website @ www.cullenaz.com to see what's happening.

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts