MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2010 Brutale RR w/ 190 miles on it. I'm really excited about the bike, although I haven't really open it up, it is easily the fastest bike I have owed (coming from a Ducati SR4s, KTM SuperDuke and older Honda CBRs). The bike did not come with a manual and I need to tighten the chain. I really don't want to take it to the dealer for this. I like to turn a wrench in my garage.

I also want to know about changing the the TC settings. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on buying the manual and a few other goodies when I take it in for it's 'new bike' oil change (what milage is that recommended for).

The bike also has an aggressive cam installed and CF bit all over the place. The exhaust appears to be titanium, is that standard on these bikes?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Chain adjustment is relatively easy provided you have the underseat toolkit. You need to loosen the two pinchbolts on the rear hub (bike on rear stand). The left side (looking from the rear) of the hub has geared teeth on it. There is a wrench that fits the teeth in the tool kit just spin it to adjust the chain. KEEP IN MIND!!!! it is noted on the swing arm exactly how loose the chain should be (sticker on the lower side) make sure you do not over tighten the chain (looser is better) as on this bike it is really easy to over tighten and damage your rear bearings. Second point - DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN the rear hub pinch bolts when you re-adjust them. Again read the sticker on the hub very carefully as this is another way to destroy the rear bearings.

Now that I have gotten the warnings out of the way don't worry too much. Most people do not have problems with the bearings just don't over tighten the chain or the pinch bolts (ever). It is advised that you check your bearings every 7,500 miles or so and re-grease them. Spin them to make sure there is no grinding and there are no visible metal shavings (mostly precautionary but this is pretty much the biggest issue people have with these bikes so its a good idea to be familiar with it)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome directions, thanks for the quick response. It sounds like a pretty straight forward job.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome Fubar

Welcome to the forum mate.
You mentioned 2010 RR, would that be a 1090RR, how come the owner did not supply you with all the gear the bikes come with, be good to know some of that stuff as far as the warranty on the bike goes.
As far as I am aware, I think there is a limited edition kit that comes with some "go faster" parts, not so sure about the cam's, if it is a Ti pipe it is not standard.
Get some pictures up there, it's policy :mouthwate.
Cheers

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the (or traded actually) bike at a local used bike shop here, Southwest Superbikes. The owner there is an old friend of mine and he basically told me I had to buy it. It was a hell of a deal at $16,500 with 190 miles on it and all the add-ons. He had the invoice from the original selling dealer for $31k+ with all the aftermarket stuff. I am trying to get the rest of the owners package from the original shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Lovely looking bike you have there, seems like you got a good deal and welcome to the forum, you will already have seen what good advice and help you can get.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I bought the (or traded actually) bike at a local used bike shop here, Southwest Superbikes. The owner there is an old friend of mine and he basically told me I had to buy it. It was a hell of a deal at $16,500 with 190 miles on it and all the add-ons. He had the invoice from the original selling dealer for $31k+ with all the aftermarket stuff. I am trying to get the rest of the owners package from the original shop.

LOVE IT ! :mouthwate GRRRRRREAT TASTE !!! :)

(you're in the USofA ? - by the looks of your colour scheme)

Thanks for the pics :yo: - as I was finding it difficult to visualise carbon fibre front guard, air box, dash, etc....

(can I trouble you to post some more pics please?!? :drummer::popcorn:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
looks a mess to me.....you would be better off removing the exhaust and belly pan.imo.....and if you want to get shot of them i will get them out of your way.lol

very nice bike.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
SCORE !!!

Welcome to the family Fubar :) !!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, that's the bike... I am going back tomorrow to get all the details on what was added. It brings me back to one of my original questions... I couldn't find the answer for my 1090 in the manual to the 910s Brutale. Just wondering if anybody knows how to adjust the traction control settings (maybe they are to be adjusted).

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice Score. Hell of a good price for those mods. There are a few guys (including myself) on this forum with cannonballs. Very fast and alot of fun to ride.

Enjoy!!!

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
CANNONBALL !!!! :yo::yo::yo:

Whoo Hoooo.:hitit: ...I've been told (by someone who would know ::rolleyes:) that

(very costly :baddeal:) kit makes some

very :jsm: serious horsepower !!!!

Enjoy,,,,and a good looking bike, too :mouthwate !!!!!!:brutale:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The invoice I have on the engine work just says Brutale Engine Kit - $5,880. I don't know much more about it. Where would I look for info on "The Cannonball Kit?"

1 - 20 of 34 Posts