MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sadly , I have said Good Bye to my 2012 KTM RC8R and traded her in for a 2014 Ducati Hypermotard SP . I think I may regret it later as for KTM it is a Awesome bike. I could not find any faults with it and just wanted to try something different. Sorry don't have any pics of new bike yet but here is what it looks like.

Attachments

Registered
Nice Nico! Hypermotard = tons of fun riding. :smoking:

Registered
Remember to tell everyone that you're nearly nine feet tall Nico. Can normal humans ride either bike in comfort? :)

One other thing.....I once traded a bike in against Jackie's wishes, and bought it back three weeks later. I did like your KTM.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No You did not Randy and Yes I remember I'm tall ( 6'5" ) but believe it or not , my new bike is really tall even for my hight. I would not recommend Ducati Hypermotard SP to anyone under 6'4" . The keyword is SP which is even higher ( seat hight ) then the standard Hypermotard. I think it can be lowered but from the factory it is set up very tall. ( something to do with rear Ohlins shock ) or so I read.
Oh and Yes tomorrow I will talk to the dealer if maybe I can get it back ( for the price they gave me of course )

Registered
Nico (who is very much a gentleman) brought his KTM to one of the Bubs. He allowed me to "attempt" to throw a leg over it. (There's a picture of this somewhere).... Kidding aside, I needed his help just to keep from tipping over with the ride height set so understandably high for his 6'5" body. The seat height had to have been 36-37" (yikes).

All that aside, the KTM was almost "otherworldly". Strangely exotic. Something that might have been designed by Darth Vader. I really liked it, and wished it was sized for more "normal" sized humans.

Super Moderator
This one?

IMG_2554.JPG

Registered
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This one !!! Would love to try my new motard in the mountains of Georgia twisties !!! For me , KTM has a soul , like my old trusty F4 , always made me smile when I see her. But I also understand that a beauty is in the eye of a beholder and its not everybody's cup of cake. If I can't get her back today , I will get another one later !!!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
( JDS ) surprisingly , bike sounds really good with stock exhaust , unlike other Ducatis I've had in the past. I did considered Termis high pipe but decided to wait a bit to see if I like the bike to justify the cost.

King of Bling
( JDS ) surprisingly , bike sounds really good with stock exhaust , unlike other Ducatis I've had in the past. I did considered Termis high pipe but decided to wait a bit to see if I like the bike to justify the cost.
Hey Nico.. The Termi system isn't just about Shock and Awe, it's the weight saving is were the biggest advantage is over the OEM set-up.

I hear the Rivale gives the 2014 Hypermotard a run for its money.. Did you get a test ride on the MV ?

Registered
Thanks for the photo posts guys. Yes, I'm short, but notice juuuuuust how high I'm posted on that exotic KTM. I truly wanted to ride it up the road, and I'm sure Nico would have allowed it, but the thought terrified me.

King of Bling
Hey Nico

From what I've heard from other forum members ( that side of the pond) they have been blown away by this new Rivale.

I haven't see one yet in the flesh or the new Ducati. I'm a massive fan of the Supermoto look and was hoping that MV would have brought out a big single cylinder, ultra trick, ultra light weight Supermoto..

I do like the Rivale looks, but its a bit weighty for a proper supermoto.

Here's a little link from our friends at MCN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqkdzwFOgMI

1 - 20 of 25 Posts