MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Past 150 leaving a gixer 1000 behind, getting close to seeing how accurate their claims are of top speed, Gawd it pulls hard, wheel in the air through 3rd, just isn't right. :) Maybe cutting 20lbs off the bike made it capable of flight? The BSTs spin up so fast I almost can't shift quick enough. (quick shifter project in the future) I moved the rearsets and shift lever all for a more aggressive position and I like it better, so glad we had the most mild winter here ever. Fine tune to come, then we'll go out by the airport at 1am on the mile long access roads, good lighting, new pavement, and see what's up. :)

Hope you guys are kicking the dust off and getting some weather to ride.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Past 150 leaving a gixer 1000 behind, getting close to seeing how accurate their claims are of top speed, Gawd it pulls hard, wheel in the air through 3rd, just isn't right. :) Maybe cutting 20lbs off the bike made it capable of flight? The BSTs spin up so fast I almost can't shift quick enough. (quick shifter project in the future) I moved the rearsets and shift lever all for a more aggressive position and I like it better, so glad we had the most mild winter here ever. Fine tune to come, then we'll go out by the airport at 1am on the mile long access roads, good lighting, new pavement, and see what's up. :)

Hope you guys are kicking the dust off and getting some weather to ride.
2 6 5 scary only once, thats enough for me.this as you can see is km and figures are spread out so people will think it is some type of code.lol ps.still had more in the bike.:thewife::thewife:

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
Starts to be a bit much wind to hang on when you approach 150....even tucked down. The Brutale was never about top-end speed, but she'll pull towards red line in 6th. I backed off before I got there, very close to 150.

My 910R is geared for 154mph in 6th at stock red line of 11,300. The kit ECU red line is a bit higher.

Let us know if you can keep from getting blown off the back....

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Biondi windscreen, tucked down, snug leathers, helmet visor was pressed against my nose, but wasn't bad.

·
Registered
219 Posts
ive had my 1090 reading 154mph and she still had some to go....no wind shield either.it did feel like if i relaxed my neck my head would rip off.lol

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
Just think how that 150 mph will feel if something/someone on a public street steps/pulls/falls in front of you. Not that I'm a speed-limit all the time guy...far from it; but, I do believe those speeds should be experienced on the track in a controlled environment.:thewife:

:)blah::blah::blah: Rant over:blah::blah::blah:...you may resume your blatently irresponsible behavior)

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
P.S. Ask Randarossa how it felt to hit a dog while riding his bicycle...and how difficult it was to avoid...:stickpoke

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
P.S. Ask Randarossa how it felt to hit a dog while riding his bicycle...and how difficult it was to avoid...:stickpoke
More to the point, Ask the dog! I think he's still experiencing post traumatic stress disorder from his run in with Randy

·
Registered
219 Posts
its not the sort of thing that happens every day but a blast on a closed road once in a while has to be done.the scariest thing im finding about an unfaired bike is the birds jumping out at me.god they make me jump with no fairing to protect me.lol

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just think how that 150 mph will feel if something/someone on a public street steps/pulls/falls in front of you. Not that I'm a speed-limit all the time guy...far from it; but, I do believe those speeds should be experienced on the track in a controlled environment.:thewife:

:)blah::blah::blah: Rant over:blah::blah::blah:...you may resume your blatently irresponsible behavior)
If you saw the road, knew where it was, the visibility and absolute lack of traffic, you would ask "why didn't you go faster?" No houses, no cross streets, new interstate pavement. I thought this would be the one place I could go where people actually saw truth in the statement, "Fast does not mean unsafe". I'm not retarded, I wasn't exactly buzzing through a school zone. If I post about top speeds, can we please just assume that I assessed the traffic situation and deemed it not a risk to myself or others? Pretty please?

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Of course you can post up what ever you like. That's the beauty of a public forum.
But at the same time everyone else gets to post up their own views and opinions in response.

Like it.....or loathe it.....lets hear it!! That's the beauty of this forum and the people here.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Of course you can post up what ever you like. That's the beauty of a public forum.
But at the same time everyone else gets to post up their own views and opinions in response.

Like it.....or loathe it.....lets hear it!! That's the beauty of this forum and the people here.

I'm not sure what this means or how it applies, I simply requested a little consideration be given in knowing I am not doing this in town. So dogs, traffic, tree branches, old ladies need not apply and will not be ran over.

So next time I'll say I was at a track day whether I was or not. So, for testing purposes, I will try to time how long it takes to get to top speed and how much over claimed the full race set up allows. Might as well know what it can do. Could do it on a Dyno but real world application is much more fun.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
guys ,I am fairly confident that all on here would do these speeds in a responsible manner and a safe and open visible place,why oh why does all the other variables have to come into play,for christ sake can we just stick to the topic,Time to leave bye.::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: For the win....

I didn't know there was a contest going on. I was just stating that my Brutale kicks ass and it makes me feel like I can fly better than acid. I'll put a cow catcher on the front like on the old trains so dogs can be spun safely and unharmed away from my wreckless ways.

By the way, I am going to be terrorizing southern Indiana all day tmrw at speeds that would bring tears to your eyes, new tires, new roads, full gear and 2 guys with me. Suspension tweaked, pressure checked, new oil, spotless bike, dogs and wildlife be damned, I'm going riding. :)

True dat Eddy.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts