MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thought I would take a few moments to introduce myself. I
have been an MV owner a few years back when I had a 750f4. Had the bike for a 1 yr but alas it seemed to be plagued with water loss probs along with the lack of grunt. So it was back to the V twin D***ti 998. Please dont all boo at the same time, but I have had a few of these way back to the early 70's 250cc, 450cc and on.

I am in the process of buying my first MV 1000 to add to the collection. [her indoors is not impressed]. So any advice thats needed in looking for faults etc or is the old 750 that I had literally the same, except for the motor?? Thanks.

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Hi all, thought I would take a few moments to introduce myself. I
have been an MV owner a few years back when I had a 750f4. Had the bike for a 1 yr but alas it seemed to be plagued with water loss probs along with the lack of grunt. So it was back to the V twin D***ti 998. Please dont all boo at the same time, but I have had a few of these way back to the early 70's 250cc, 450cc and on.

I am in the process of buying my first MV 1000 to add to the collection. [her indoors is not impressed]. So any advice thats needed in looking for faults etc or is the old 750 that I had literally the same, except for the motor?? Thanks.
Welcome on board mate, and you'll enjoy the banter and loads of info this forum has to offer.. :)

You can't beat a well looked after early 1000S in Red & Silver..

I'm still a big fan of the 750's over the 1000's..

They are a lot more involved when it comes to riding them fast, and some of the limited models ie: SPR's and SR are a great buy..

Enjoy what ever you end up buying, and lets hope you have more fun and luck than your previous MV ownership...:smoking:

PS: Italian V twins also rule !!!!!!

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Big Welcome Harry

you will find this forum a wealth of knowledge with regards to maintenance

and many other topics will make you laugh

enjoy

p.s. PM sent.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Welcome aboard!

No one here will throw stones at you for having a Ducati, especially a 998.

Some of the 1000s run a little hot, (easy fix), some rear wheel bearings have been known to fail prematurely, (easy fix), the EBS relay has gone bad on a few, (easy fix). You may have none of the above issues with yours.

Forks are bigger, engine is bigger, brakes are better on the later bikes. Riding position is a little more upright and the bike is taller. At least it seems taller to me but I'm almost as short as Randy.

CAG

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I will. :baddeal: A big stone, in fact. :toothless

Just kidding. :laughing:
Welcome aboard and get the F4 1000, as it's an overall improvment over the F4 750 :f4:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. I shall be giving the potential addition to the collection the once over in a day or two. Appreciate your comments on the very few items to check over. :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Some of the 1000s run a little hot, (easy fix), some rear wheel bearings have been known to fail prematurely, (easy fix), the EBS relay has gone bad on a few, (easy fix). You may have none of the above issues with yours.

Forks are bigger, engine is bigger, brakes are better on the later bikes. Riding position is a little more upright and the bike is taller. At least it seems taller to me but I'm almost as short as Randy.

CAG
Let me add my welcome as well. Listen to Caggy, as he knows everything there is to know 'bout MVs. We've got a few others that are very knowledgeable as well (not me, for goodness sakes)

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Randy and I agree on a lot of things. This is not one of them. There are people here who have forgotten more about MVs than I will ever know.

Now, if you want to know about taking one apart, I'm the man.

CAG

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Now, providing everything goes to plan, I should have my little pocket rocket on Sat. Nosing through the various posts I came across a member with a blue tint rear lense cover. [forgot to mention that the bike is blue and silver] Would that be legal in the UK. It does look so cool.:) Ho hum, posted in the wrong place. Sorry.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No luck yet on getting dely on the bike. Insisted on having a service on the bike. Seems the only qualified tech is away ill.
So having to wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
welcome and I am sorry to hear about the wait, I would guess its killing you

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the cult Fatboy :yo:

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
Welcome aboard both of you! Ride'em hard...they like it that way!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Now, providing everything goes to plan, I should have my little pocket rocket on Sat. Nosing through the various posts I came across a member with a blue tint rear lense cover. [forgot to mention that the bike is blue and silver] Would that be legal in the UK. It does look so cool.:) Ho hum, posted in the wrong place. Sorry.
If the light emitted is red, it is legal. If the tint is so strong that it distorts the colour, it is not. The colour of the lens itself is irrelevant.
So is the location of the post (to me anyway, Alvin may disagree and his is the only voice that counts on these matters). Welcome.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm new to the forum too, just bought a 1000R. I live near Cosford, give me a shout if you want to meet up!

Sure will, are you at the RAFA Cosford meet this Sunday ???

The 1000r that you have, did it come from On Yer Bike?? Missed out on one 3 weeks ago. Dithered too much and it was gone!!
:f4:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts