MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking here for a few days waiting for my account to get verified and now I can finally post! I'm excited to finally be able to share that I just picked up a new to me 05 F4 1000S 1+1. I love the bike. Been riding all types of bikes for 15+ years and never thought I could get such a rush from a bike. Found it on CL, with 12k miles, sitting in a guys living room. I feel I got a great deal at $5k usd. Hope to learn a lot from you all.

~Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome. Beautiful F4 BTW.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Yup. $5000 is a very good price. That doesn't look like the stock windscreen and the mid pipe appears a little too blue to be steel. You may have gotten a very, very good deal.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where in Arkansas are you? I grew up near Little Rock and my brother lives near Arkadelphia.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I agree with all the above! Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
Welcome. My favorite color scheme. Looks like a great deal indeed. If I might humbly offer some advice, wipe the inner fork tube as any gunk (especially dust from sintered brake pads) will ride up and cause an oil leak by ruining the fork seals. Been there unfortunately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome all! Yeah, it is an aftermarket windscreen. The mods I know it has are the full titanium arrow exhaust. I have the titanium cans he included with it but I like the organ pipe exhaust better. He also had the Fast by Ferracci installed. On top of that he included the front and rear paddock stands. So far I already purchased some new tires. The thing amazes me more every day. Thanks for the heads up on the fork tubes. I will do that tonight.

As for where I am in AR, I am just outside of LR in Sherwood. Hwy 107 makes for a fun ride into work in the morning. Thanks all and have a good one!

~Matt

·
Registered
924 Posts
Welcome, nice buy, as a new owner what do you particularly like so far?
I was just talking to a biker yesterday down the pub(local drinking hole) about MV's(get used to the attention they can draw) I said that quite a few come out of peoples living rooms, and yours is another one, hope the fuel tank was drained?

·
Registered
517 Posts
As for where I am in AR, I am just outside of LR in Sherwood. Hwy 107 makes for a fun ride into work in the morning. Thanks all and have a good one!

~Matt
I remember the area, really miss the roads up there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Welcome, nice buy, as a new owner what do you particularly like so far?
I was just talking to a biker yesterday down the pub(local drinking hole) about MV's(get used to the attention they can draw) I said that quite a few come out of peoples living rooms, and yours is another one, hope the fuel tank was drained?
I think what I like most, having only put about 200 miles on it so far, has to be how stable it is. I have ridden many Japanese 1000cc+ bikes and never felt as in control. I rode a Duc 848 and was impressed by the feel of it, and honestly thought I would be a Ducati rider for life. Obviously, I was mistaken. I haven't had the chance to ride an Aprilia yet, but I can tell you MV is the best of the 2 Italian breeds I have ridden. The bike just seems to want to take you on a sensory overloaded trip down the road. I get to work in the morning with a huge smile on my face and walk in wanting to turn around and thank the bike for the ride. It may sound crazy but I think the thing is flirting with me.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
honestly thought I would be a Ducati rider for life. Obviously, I was mistaken.
No worries. A lot of us got here after having Ducatis first. :smoking:

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Welcome. Don't worry about looking back at your bike. I have had mine 7 years now and I still have to turn around and look at her every time. Even will make a non needed trip to the garage just to run my hand down her curves has I walk past.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts