MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to MV so I seek advise. There’s a Brutale 910 that I’m considering and it’s in ruff shape. I want to keep it on the road if it’s feasible. It’s not my first bike, just my first MV. I look forward to joining the MV Familia…

Sal

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Well what are you waiting for? Go buy it and fix it up!

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: EBBO

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
Welcome to the family !! Where are you located? The 910 is a great bike. Reliable engine.
Easy to work on and most chassis and engine parts are easy enough to find. Cosmetic stuff in your original color scheme may be difficult.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I’m in Southern California so I have lots of roads to roam. The bike needs the sidestand and it has an oil leak in that same area.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
3,190 Posts
Great bike! Check the oil pan bolts around the kickstand. This is common. Enjoy wrenching. It’s a treat to work on the 910.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great bike! Check the oil pan bolts around the kickstand. This is common. Enjoy wrenching. It’s a treat to work on the 910.
thanks EBBO- The sidestand was broken and welded back together, Horrible work!
From what I can see I must replace:
Side stand
Rearsets
Oil pan gasket (possibly oil pan)
Side cover gaskets
Rotors

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
I may have an oil pan if you need one.
You're going to love it !!!

·
Premium Member
3,190 Posts
All minor stuff. No worries. Fun is around the corner.

Look into the Motocorse billet side stand. it is a bit longer (20mm) which is a serious plus. But alas a bit of added money.
In no time all will be mended. Snag @esq'z me oil pan. I would bet the damaged side stand played out on the current pan, as you suspect. --Some weirdos spin their bikes around on the stand and even sit on the bike when extended, a no no for sure.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cleaned the area and noticed some wires were spliced and wrapped with a wad of electrical tape. I suspect much more electrical work/repairs will be necessary. It surges and but when it gets to 186* or so it mellow out and sound great!

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
Your 910R was subject to a bit if surge at steady throttle cruise when first released. There was a factory update on the mapping back when it was new. Hopefully yours had it done.

Surging at idle when cold is likely low idle speed. When the engine reaches normal operating temps ( close to 200° F) things smooth out because the fuel mix is more precise.

·
Super Moderator
25,163 Posts
Does MV offer a 2008 Brutale 910R specific maintenance/service manual?
The manuals cover the 910S and the 910R. But, they are not exclusive to the 910R. The manuals cover the First Gen B4 750 Oro, 750S, 910S, 910R and some include the 989R and/or the 1078RR.

If you are in need you can go here: http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/manuals.php or message me your email address and I will send them via DropBox.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
3,190 Posts
Most likely fixable. I sent my rear rim out and it came back perfect. I don’t have the contact in California at this moment.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts