MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my new to me Brutale. It's a 2009 with very low mileage and a ton of extras! I could use a few tips on suspension as I am quite vertically challenged!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it came with a few extras
-MV Corse Inox full exhaust system
-MV Corse performance ECU
-FG Gubellini Racing adjustable steering damper
-Custom Alcantera/ leather seat (tall)
-Stock seat (std.)
-Corbin leather seat (low)
-Carbon rear hugger
-Carbon tail light housing
-Carbon air intakes
-Carbon guage cover
-Carbon key guard
-Carbon chain guard
-Molotti billet license bracket
-Ducati turn signals rewired with MV OEM connectors
-Oberon billet foot pegs
-Weighted vibration damper bar-ends
-CRG Arrow mirrors and oem mirror mount block off plates
-Silver Marchesini light-weight forged wheels
...and a stand, garage mat and trickle charger!

I have the original parts if anyone needs anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Very pretty!! and the bike too! Did I just say that?:jsm: That is a nice bike. LOTS of extras.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Juney, that Brutale was a SCORE! Co is a wonderful state to ride. ENJOY!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Beautiful bike.Personaly I would not lower the suspension.Just slide to one side or the other to put one foot down.If it scares you to do this on the Brutale worrying about dropping it I would ride some dirt bikes for awhile until I was comfortable stopping with one foot down.Not many people can flatfoot dirtbikes.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome June

Awesome bike. Hope you enjoy your time on the forum, have a look around there is quite a few guys who have lowered the bikes for obvious reasons, it is not such a big issue unless you are racing the thing. It will affect the handling but you can still find a good balance without any problems, as long as you drop the front and back by the same amounts.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Congratulations on the major score! I lived in Colorado for almost 10 years & loved it. Sure wish I was there to enjoy my Brute on the mountain roads, but I can't complain with a 12 month riding season either! Well then again we do have to deal with Love-Bug season twice a year here!
Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Nice ah aha ah ah bike!!!!!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Coal Creek Canyon is pretty fun. As is Peak to Peak highway.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Here's my new to me Brutale. It's a 2009 with very low mileage and a ton of extras! I could use a few tips on suspension as I am quite vertically challenged!!!
Stunning Brutale June its looking great, big welcome to the forum

Juney... Have a blast riding that thing on Colorado's great roads.

hey steve; you still in Rapid City?

were heading back through Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana and a good few other states early next year, hope to clock up a good 4000+ miles

Last time in Denver fay Myers had a nice F4 CC on show, some amazing drives around Keystone looking forward to returning to that amazing part of the world

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@noneyet, Colorado is a spectacular place to ride. I've logged thousands of miles in the canyons and never get tired of the view. The twisties are spectacular! If you have not ridden out here put it on your bucket list and look me up.

@Gem STate St, I know the physics of rake and trail, and so on. I've been riding it as is, and the ride is ideal until I need to stop. Uneven pavement, uphill at the top of a steep offramp with a semi behind you can be unnerving. Here in Colorado we have STM Suspension, and Dave Rose, the god of setting up bikes for the rider. The bulk of the MRA circuit uses him. I have an appointment for him to look at my baby on Monday. I do not want to screw with the dynamics if I am going to lose the current riding characteristics of the bike. It tips in to the corners like a dream...and I have lots of corners ;) I've been riding a 2007 CBR 600RR that was lowered a lot, in fact I'm flat foot. I agree that stability is decreased on the bike due to that, but at the same time it hasn't fallen over on me. I won't bring my MV down much, just enough to get a toe down.

@Everyone else, thanks so much for the warm welcome!!!! For those of you inquiring about the spare parts, I am selling the stock parts only. You can't have my carbon fiber or my corbin seat. The rest can go. I'm contemplating going back to the stock mirrors if someone wants the Arrow's.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have a lady friend/rider in Broomfield,Co. Are you anywhere near there? Its beautiful up there right now.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a lady friend/rider in Broomfield,Co. Are you anywhere near there? Its beautiful up there right now.
We're about an hour from Broomfield, in SW Denver right on the "hog back". She's close enough to the foothills to know that "7 is heaven" feeling. We have snow above 7000 ft. already, but I'm sure it will melt soon enough. We rode all last winter and plan to do so this year too.
Some people have "rock skis" I have a CBR with heated grips if roads get cold or dirty.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts