MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased from the 2nd owner, bike is located at Atlanta GA (2nd Owner). I am trying to get to know the bike but having hard time getting the maintenance records/history. Have you seen this bike (according to 2nd owner bike was used for shows)...anyone have any info on this 2002 MV F4?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate

I can't help you with any direct info on the bike, but I can tell you what he has done.

I can see is that it's a 750, he Chromed the frame and wheels and other bits.
Did a bad job on the paint job design, not saying you have to stick to MV colours here.
And he stuck a single seat (mono-posto) onto a double seat (bi-posto) sub-frame and somewhere along the line his mounting brackets where not sorted properly.
Then he stuck what looks like Halogen Dichroic 12 globes in the tailpiece for indicators.

Some more pictures and we can give you some more help mate.
If you go to my website you can download the manuals and have a good look at what's been done etc.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick update, what I am really after is to find an original owner or friend of previous owners who actually knows the bike, knows what was done mechanically, paint job isn't too bad as for what i can tell and it's only the cosmetic... You seemed to know a lot about these bikes, what do you see as for exhaust, is this RG3 or stock?
Thanks again,

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
You seemed to know a lot about these bikes, what do you see as for exhaust, is this RG3 or stock?
Thanks again,
The RG3 on there was a stock item if i'm not mistaken mate.
I'll move you post to the General section, hopefully someone will see it there.
Good Luck :)

111 Posts
What are your concerns with the bike (as you obviously have concerns)
The 2002 F4 comes with a service book, you obviously did not get one from the 2nd owner? go back and speak to him and surely he will provide your answers as well as inform you where the bike was serviced.

Realistically all this information should have been dealt with when initially purchasing the bike.
You do not mention mileage so it will be very dificult to inform you of the maintenance that should have been carried out. From the 3rd pic the exhaust looks stock for a 2002 but as quoted above to need to post better pics with better detail.

You really need to go back to the previous owner that you bought the bike from and start all over with regards to information.

failing that phone up dealerships within the area, speak to them, see if any have worked on the bike? but with it being a 2002 the majority of work would be carried out direct by owner (you would expect)

again what is the mileage and to what spec did the previous owner who initially sold you the bike say?

Why is the previous owner not providing you with this information?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
has 3200 miles, 2nd owner didn't ride much according to the title (2nd owner purchased the bike 2010 with 2200 miles and now bike has 3200) so 2nd owner rode 1000 miles in three years. You are right about not addressing this up front with a seller prior to purchase. I am TX and bike located in GA, we have been communicating through email/text messages. Seller promised to provide maintenance records but he has not been up far with the information and the bike is getting picked up on Monday to transport from GA to TX. Previously owned by several owners and 2nd owner does not have a full detail history on the bike (not much mile on the bike, I expect not much work done on the bike from the second owner), and he is taking extra time to provide all the info which makes me a little nervous. Sorry, I don't have much pictures to show to you guys other than chromed wheels...Answer to your last question, why the previous owner not providing info, i am guessing he cannot locate the previous owner/service shop/both. Bike should be here on Wed and I hope everything goes well...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way I appreciate all your help in advance, I own a 05 gixxer1000, RSVR1000 and this will be my third collection, and I am very excited. You guys are so helpful and like this forum. Since I have joined the apriliaforum, I have learned so much and I expected same from here.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
No stress mate. At that amount of mileage, I would imagine the bike might only have been serviced once, twice at the most. The first one would have been the big one, the next nothing special.

I would suggest you do your own check's, the bike looks to be in good condition otherwise. You will go throught the cooling issue's which is now solved a lot easyer than in the past, with guys doing improved ignition and fuel mapping etc.

Contrary to what some guys might say, most parts are very easy to come by (OE and other), and there is a bucket load of aftermarket parts avail. in the Market Section with Forum Sponsors doing a great job.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Purchased,
aluminum radiator fans with aluminum housing (top and bottom)
BMC air filter,
K&N oil filter,
10W/50 Synthetic motal oil
Coolent

Looking to purchase,
Carbon Rear huger
Design Corse race water pump (let me know if anyone has this unit for sale)
Upgrade exhaust (if not done already) with purchase of EPROM race ECU Chip.

·
Registered
643 Posts
The main MV dealership in ATL went belly up in 2008, so that might also be a dead end.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info (this might be the case), 2nd owner is having hard time getting hold of the original owner, and I was hoping someone here in this forum might know the owner/s or the bike. Anyhow, bike is getting picked up tomorrow and I will know more for sure when it arrives here on Wed.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Its helpful to have the records for reference/etc. However, as an assumption (mainly on my part for my purchases) you purchased the bike based on condition/price point/and reputation of the bike being an exotic. I have never met two owners having the same likings so we all put in the time and effort to get the bike to where we want it. Important things is to learn all you can/change what you need so that it meets your requirements/and ride it. Forget abut chasing records/people as at the end - if you are passionate about the bike then it does not matter IMHO.

Welcome to the MV forum.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Hi,you have a great bike with only 3200 miles on it,enjoy, ride hard, and i have no idea how you guys pick up these bikes with stuff all miles on them.Do not even worry about the service history Donsy is correct.

If someone aked me for my bikes service history,I would just hide ,as I do my own.lol

cheers eddy

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all your reply & advise, and i agree with you on most parts, but still nice to know the history on the bike, anyhow bike is picked up, in transit, should be here tonight or tomorrow, so excited!

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Unless the bike was crashed and rebuilt using a different instrument cluster. Then there is no way to know how many miles are on it.

If it has the RG3 slipons it will most likely say so on them. If you don't see the RG3 designation, it is likely they are stock. The front calipers don't look stock or they have been chromed. As have the forks. Do a google search for images of that year and model and you will be able to tell immediately how heavily that bike has been customized.

My opinion is no one does that to a low milage MV Agusta that has not been damaged.

Just my opinion.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Unless the bike was crashed and rebuilt using a different instrument cluster. Then there is no way to know how many miles are on it.

If it has the RG3 slipons it will most likely say so on them. If you don't see the RG3 designation, it is likely they are stock. The front calipers don't look stock or they have been chromed. As have the forks. Do a google search for images of that year and model and you will be able to tell immediately how heavily that bike has been customized.

My opinion is no one does that to a low milage MV Agusta that has not been damaged.

Just my opinion.
Carl. Your too far up in North Ga. Come down here to the South side with all the Rap stars. They grab brand new Escalade's and chrome out everything. It's their thing. Brand new $80K SUV with 20K wheels.

Although now that you mention it that does make a bit of sense. Chrome plating would be a great way to cover up scratches and damage.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
You have a point. When I was in Connecticut a guy was buying parts from me for his MV. He showed me a picture of it and I couldn't believe it. chrome everything. He even removed the MV badges and replaced them with Latin King crowns.

A piece of me died that day.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts