MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
new to mv agusta

I first saw an MV Agusta at MCC in Chicago when I bought my Ducati. It was stunning but it was 22k and a sportbike. Nothing wrong with sport bike but I am not that young any more. Then I spotted a Brutale at Eurocycles in Tampa and it too was stunning. I revisted it the next day and while the first glance was my exciting than a long lingering look over, I was still taken aback.

Then I did my research and actually the people on the Ducati websites that own or have ridden a Brutale are happier than many here. But then there is always a lot of complaining on all discussion boards. Remembering the good deals and great service I always got at MCC, I checked out their web site and found a 2006 used 910S there. When I called to see how negotiable the price was, the bike was being sold as we talked. John at MCC followed up a couple of days later with the offer of a new 2006 at $1000 more than the used. While, I pondered he then found the MV Agusta press bike for the same price as the used one. It has 1500 miles with the 600 mile service completed and has not yet been titled. After a couple of days of hesitation as I really do not need another bike I went for it.

I have discovered that I need a bead of silicon around the headlight lens. Also that I probably need the upgraded brake pads mentioned on this site. I always have a battery tender pigtale on all my bikes. Any thing else, I or the dealer needs to do before I take delivery of this bike?

By the way this is the same bike that will appear in the upcoming Batman movie. Not that I have ever sat through a Batman movie, but being just as much a collector as a rider, I think this is kind of neat.
http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_Chicago2_AP-says-goodbye_9-1-07.html

·
Administrator
20,090 Posts
Congratulations on your new brutale, :yo:and one with some provenace at that.

In spite of what a few curmudgeons on this forum might say :violin: , you have just acquired a fabulous machine. I am certain you will enjoy looking at it and riding it as much as I enjoy mine. :heart:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Small world, I am the guy who bought the Brutale at MCC from John. I actually had the ball rolling on the sale before they even listed the bike on the internet, but John was out of town at a Ducati conference in California so it took a little longer than usual. Enjoy the bike and ride safe.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome to the forum matey.

·
Registered
137 Posts
esq'z me said:
Congratulations on your new brutale, :yo:and one with some provenace at that.

In spite of what a few curmudgeons on this forum might say :violin: , you have just acquired a fabulous machine. I am certain you will enjoy looking at it and riding it as much as I enjoy mine. :heart:
+1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on a great bike. I have an R312 but am on the cusp of getting a Brutale as well. You'll find a lot of great help from these guys on this site.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Now for a new moniker: 'BMducgustarider' ?? :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
bmwducatirider said:
I have discovered that I need a bead of silicon around the headlight lens. Also that I probably need the upgraded brake pads mentioned on this site. I always have a battery tender pigtale on all my bikes. Any thing else, I or the dealer needs to do before I take delivery of this bike?
If you can, get the dealer to check/adjust the TPS and sync before you take delivery.

The single most important aftermarket mod is a BMC air filter. You can get them on ebay. The stock filter is a piece of crap. Get rid of it immediately. Make sure you put plenty of silicone lube on all edges of the new filter before installing or you'll deform it.

Most people swap out the mid pipe for an Arrow for similar. I think the '06 still has the Marelli ignition (with a chip). Skip the Arrow chip and get one from Brad Black in Australia and you'll be good to go. Checking TPS, sync and trimming CO is advised. TPS and sync will remain the same but it won't hurt to have the CO checked/tweaked after the pipe/chip change. Throttle response/tweakiness and mileage will probably be much improved as well.

It's a good idea to change the plastic fuel fittings to metal ones at some point. I'm going to wait until the next service is due and change the fuel filter and internal fuel lines at the same time.

Lots of talk about the brakes. Mine work fine. ;) If yours don't, bleed the system properly and then seat the brake pads by USING them (HARD) a number of times. You'll be surprised what those two FREE mods will do.

Good mirrors can help a lot. I got some Rizomas that are a HUGE improvement.

Suspension tweaks make a huge improvement in comfort and handling. Mine was horrid out of the box but after a little work these things can be improved tremendously. Good luck finding someone who knows anything about Marzocchi forks. You'll probably have to do it yourself. Even Marzocchi USA isn't much help.

·
Registered
243 Posts
On top of what emmvee says in another post to you, make sure your headlight doesn't come loose and fall out, make sure your kickstand switch bolts are in, make sure it doesn't stall before leaving your dealer, make sure that any parts you need are in the dealer's hands before the bike leaves the showroom because it's now over two months for a new front fender to arrive.

Other than making sure the bike is perfect before leaving the dealer, enjoy it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts