MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI, I just dumped a purchase of the BMWS100rr for the Brutale 1090rr. Didnt need 2 sport bikes, and I loved the Bruatale from my demo ride. Same dealer so no drama. My question is: In Japan, where I live, the Brutale is Power Restriced. How do i make the bike full power? I also heard you can buy parts direct from MV that can make the bike put out 200HP, what are these "parts" Any additional advice/ things to look out for / manditory mods / for a new owner would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
Welcome and congratulations - I'd suggest you have a chat with Tokyolunch - he's the forum's #1 man in Japan

cheers

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about mods/upgrades??? What pipes seem most popular???Termi?? (thats what I run on my 1198)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
welcome Squid.

Where are you in Japan?

wasn't aware of the power restriction here. For a brute, pipes are a bit subjective. I tend to go to Moto Corse a lot. Their stubby is pretty awesome, sound is spectacular, I've heard it on your same bike. not cheap.

if you're around japan, the local scene i operate on is sbkjapan.com. have a look....

·
Administrator
20,391 Posts
Colin....Japan, like France, gets its own special ECU. France is restricted to 100HP...Don't know what is different for Japan market ECU.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I live in Akasaka and bought my Ducati from Moto Corse actaully. The Brut I bought from Fukuda as originally I was buying the s1000rr and wanted to stay with them out of courtesy. The 1090 is restricted to 144ps...My understanding is the bike should make the same as the new F-4. 193HP. I heard you could buy the parts direct from MV to make it full power, just have not had that confirmed. I will check with MV. Even at 144, I found the bike very quick, as was the 990. The mode selector to sport just seemed to make the throttle more harsh, no real improvement in power. Any tips appreciated. Especially maintenance "watch out fors". Thx.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the Brutale purchase.
Power restricted?? really?? too many emissions laws and tree huggers spoiling the evolution of the MV:cry:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome!

Congratulations on the new Brute! :brutale:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Thanks, I live in Akasaka and bought my Ducati from Moto Corse actaully. The Brut I bought from Fukuda as originally I was buying the s1000rr and wanted to stay with them out of courtesy. The 1090 is restricted to 144ps...My understanding is the bike should make the same as the new F-4. 193HP. I heard you could buy the parts direct from MV to make it full power, just have not had that confirmed. I will check with MV. Even at 144, I found the bike very quick, as was the 990. The mode selector to sport just seemed to make the throttle more harsh, no real improvement in power. Any tips appreciated. Especially maintenance "watch out fors". Thx.

Fukuda or MC should be able to point you in the right direction. I don't know Fukuda that well, but moto corse is usually pretty helpful for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts