MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little background I have been riding for 14 both dirt and street and now track. Ive only had italians and a few brits. I traded my 2007 Aprilia RSVR for a 2006 Brutale 910s. I have been talking with my buddy who has owned a few MV's and he says electrical issues are a problem. Right now if I have my key off and all fuses in my lights stay on, my high beam will flicker on off but the switch will not turn it on and off like it did once I got it.Blinkers stopped working last night as well and my dash went out but came back on. I tried find a relay but from what I understand its all inside the ECU. Can I get some help as wth is going on and how to fix it. I just ordered the metal quick fuel disconnect mine are going. Thank you for the help.

·
Super Moderator
24,098 Posts
Search out the SPU thread.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Definitely sounds like you have the old type "blue back" SPU, and that's what is playing up. It lives behind the right hand side panel and also includes the row of fuses. The updated SPU has a black back panel, and luckily seems to have no issues. There is no way to repair the SPU. Good luck!

Dave.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I ordered a new SPU and bought the metal fuel disconnect. Need some new PVC fuel lines I talked with my brother he says NAPA carries PVC fuel line. Looking at doing the cat delete and I have read a few mods to the air box slowly feeling the bike out and getting her squared away.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
you can also look at the headlight switch itself , some times the low and high beam connection are both on inside the switch and then you have a over heating issue in the harness or light plug behind light .

·
Old Wing Nut
22,159 Posts
hmmmm,, may have just had this problem. I hope it is just the headlight plug I need to replace.
The F3 bikes don't have the SPU...only older Brutales. Maybe start a new thread about your concerns and get some help that way. Not so many "electrical" gremlins on MVs in general.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts