MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I'm new to the MV AGUSTA brand and I'm looking at purchasing a demo 2013 Brutale 1090. The dealer is giving me a good deal on the demo, but I understand there's an R and a RR version, the one I'm looking at is just the base I believe. I rode the demo and fell in love with it. My question is, should I spend the extra $ and get into the R or RR instead??

·
Registered
188 Posts
hey everyone, I'm new to the MV AGUSTA brand and I'm looking at purchasing a demo 2013 Brutale 1090. The dealer is giving me a good deal on the demo, but I understand there's an R and a RR version, the one I'm looking at is just the base I believe. I rode the demo and fell in love with it. My question is, should I spend the extra $ and get into the R or RR instead??
Yes,

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Depends on the riding you'll be doing. Open road/track/top speed runs, go RR, as carries power higher into the rpms and has longer legs. The base and R versions have more balls in the bottom and carry themselves well for hooligan riding and, IMHO, plugging around town...plus hooliganism. Not saying the RR can't do hooliganism...because it sure can. I forget what the R difference is, maybe just paint instead of matte and plastic, but the RR gives you the different tuned engine, paint and monobloc brakes up front. I'd suggest riding them all before making a choice, but you'll end up happy your choice regardless :)

PS - Sorry for all the hooligan references, we're all respectable, responsible riders here ;) The base bike still does everything well. At a long or sweeping track you may find it falls off early up top, but on the street it's got more than enough. I'd personally like a set of monoblocs to put on mine (the 2011 1090R is similar to the new 1090), but if the deal is really good, you can get them after if you find the need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I'm a street hooligan from time to time..spirited riding mostly...haven't been on a track before but I might later on to see what it's like...its a toss up between this 13 1090 and the bmw s1000r...haven't been able to test ride the s1000r cause I guess their waiting on the 2015s. ..but I think I'm making the right choice with the mv..

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think you will be very happy with it. I have one and have driven the RR. If I were running track all the time the RR might be my choice, but I am riding it locally and having a great time on it.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts