MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Finally bought me a used 2006 910S!

Took me a good two months to find one. It has 14,000 miles on it.

Rode 210 miles yesterday. Loved the intake noise and the throttle response:)

Suspension felt taut. More so than my old '97 gsxr 600 race bike. Even with a 190 cross section tire, it turns quick.

Some observations-

Rear brake master cylinder looks to be leaking.
Fork seals need changed.
Engine oil looks slightly overfilled, will drain some.
Headlight cover missing.

Feel free to add anything I need to be aware of on this model bike.
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. You can download the Workshop manuals from my site. Have a look through the the Maintenance and other sections for lots of info on your bike. How did you buy a bike without a headlight lens, that's going to cost you BIG.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum mate. You can download the Workshop manuals from my site. Have a look through the the Maintenance and other sections for lots of info on your bike. How did you buy a bike without a headlight lens, that's going to cost you BIG.
Thanks, Donsy!

Love the maintenance manuals on the site, they are very helpful.

The headlight cover fell off with the previous owner. The headlight lens are still intact.

Will ride it without a headlight cover for now as these are very hard to find used.

I do need a rear swingarm stand, hoping someone has one on sale here.

·
Registered
820 Posts
You've got me confused with this headlight cover. Are you talking about an aftermarket plastic cover (I don't believe they came standard) or the actual glass covering the lens/bulbs?

Cheers

Deano

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
As Deano said, headlight cover is not standard.
Where are you located mate, guys are often giving those standard stand away for nothing, and there's one up for sale in that section for a crazy high price.
There's a lot of options for rear stand on the market at great prices.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You've got me confused with this headlight cover. Are you talking about an aftermarket plastic cover (I don't believe they came standard) or the actual glass covering the lens/bulbs?

Cheers

Deano
Sorry for the confusion! I meant the original equipment MV glass cover for the headlight lens/bulbs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As Deano said, headlight cover is not standard.
Where are you located mate, guys are often giving those standard stand away for nothing, and there's one up for sale in that section for a crazy high price.
There's a lot of options for rear stand on the market at great prices.
I am located in Lake Elsinore (Southern California, USA).

Please let me know if you see some inexpensive stands for sale. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
No worries about the stand. As for the headlight glass, you can't buy that separate, it's going to cost you about $500 I think. Did you buy the bike like that, is ask for some money back.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worries about the stand. As for the headlight glass, you can't buy that separate, it's going to cost you about $500 I think. Did you buy the bike like that, is ask for some money back.
Yes, I factored the price of the headlight glass when I bought it from the buyer. He used it without the headlight glass for a while and it seems ok, functionally.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Looks like you can Donsy. Listed in all Brutale models on their site @ 160 Euro. About bloody time. Mine was $1700. Luckily insurance covered it but still cost me $400 excess.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
925 Posts
Nice buy, welcome to the club.
I Have had my 910s for about 6 months now as a stable mate for the f4, only put a couple of hundred summer miles on it (clean and mod more than ride) its been a peach, worth checking your rear hub for bearing issues- lots of threads on this, and keep the injectors balanced and check the TPS as it makes a big difference to low end rev control, change the plastic fuel fittings for metal versions whilst you have the tank off. Headlight glass has always been an issue, took mine off for a different style as was never a fan of the droopy standard version.
Sort out your leaks and it should be a great ride. I have relocated the rear brake reservoir to inside under the seat for ease of top up and to get it away from engine heat, rear brake works now. I also took my snorkels off the intakes just to produce more intake noise, there are divided opinions over doing this, I found no difference in performance, its a noise thing....sounds awesome. and easily reversed. Have fun.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice buy, welcome to the club.
I Have had my 910s for about 6 months now as a stable mate for the f4, only put a couple of hundred summer miles on it (clean and mod more than ride) its been a peach, worth checking your rear hub for bearing issues- lots of threads on this, and keep the injectors balanced and check the TPS as it makes a big difference to low end rev control, change the plastic fuel fittings for metal versions whilst you have the tank off. Headlight glass has always been an issue, took mine off for a different style as was never a fan of the droopy standard version.
Sort out your leaks and it should be a great ride. I have relocated the rear brake reservoir to inside under the seat for ease of top up and to get it away from engine heat, rear brake works now. I also took my snorkels off the intakes just to produce more intake noise, there are divided opinions over doing this, I found no difference in performance, its a noise thing....sounds awesome. and easily reversed. Have fun.
Thanks for the welcome and the tips! Definitely will be going over this list you provided.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From what I can find, only Pit Bull and T-Rex seem to make an affordable stand for the Brutale.

The T-Rex stand does not look like it will allow the rear wheel to come off though.

Are there any other brands that I am missing here ?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Do you have the link for this ?
You will find them (Star Twin) with other sponsors in the "market Place" section buddy - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35
Go to their site and look through the parts list for your model.

From what I can find, only Pit Bull and T-Rex seem to make an affordable stand for the Brutale.

The T-Rex stand does not look like it will allow the rear wheel to come off though.

Are there any other brands that I am missing here ?
You could spend more and get a new Bursig or Constand.

Pit Bull seem to be very popular.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts