MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always loved the styling of the F4 so finally got myself a year 2000 S model which looks fantasic. Up to now I have ridden Jap bikes (Blades, R6's and R1's) and one of the biggest differences when riding the F4 is the lack of space between the bars and the fairing when slow turning (it traps my fingers....!) - is this common to all F4's so the answer is don't do slow manouvers??? I don't think I have particularly big (or think) fingers!!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new MV :f4:

It's not your thumbs that are big, that's just a known issue (call it "caracter"...) of the early F4 (750's).
I guess you'll get used to it and you'll end up positioning your thumbs in a way that you don't hurt yourself while making a u turn :drummer:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congradulations With Your Mv. The Fingers Is A Secret Way Of Knowing If The Other Guy Has Ridden A Mv Or Is Just A Bull£hi$$er. Hope You Enjot The F4 As Much As I Do Mine.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Like MV-999R said, the 750s were like that but the 1000's clip on are actually a bit higher. The cheapest fix (depending on the dollar to euro) is to get an set of carbon fiber air tube covers from eMoto:
http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/details/f4/aircovers.htm

To fit: MV Agusta F4 750/1000 - All years/All models

Recessed carbon fibre air duct covers, not only do they look good, but no more trapping your fingers/thumbs on full lock between the handlebars and air ducts! To be fitted to your existing air ducts (assistance can be provided).

All our products are hand made, we work to a 7-10 day lead time for most orders. In the event that we have the item in stock we will notify you as soon as you place your order.

Price: £99.99

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
I have always loved the styling of the F4 so finally got myself a year 2000 S model which looks fantasic. Up to now I have ridden Jap bikes (Blades, R6's and R1's) and one of the biggest differences when riding the F4 is the lack of space between the bars and the fairing when slow turning (it traps my fingers....!) - is this common to all F4's so the answer is don't do slow manouvers??? I don't think I have particularly big (or think) fingers!!!!

Thanks
Welcome chrislowrie to the Forum, and congrats on purchasing a F4S..:brutale:

I encountered the same problem when I purchased my SPR, but I decided to fit the later 1000 S model handle bars instead, and with MV Special parts carbon air tubes.. ....Eureka. Problem solved..:stickpoke

You appear to live near my Old Stomping ground.. ( I still sometimes go the Vine, Cases Altered, and the 7 bells on Kenton Lane) .. My mates live just off the Uxbridge Rd, so maybe we could all meet up for a ride out this Summer.. :cool:

I think Nicensleazy would be up for it :popcorn:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome chrislowrie to the Forum, and congrats on purchasing a F4S..:brutale:

I encountered the same problem when I purchased my SPR, but I decided to fit the later 1000 S model handle bars instead, and with MV Special parts carbon air tubes.. ....Eureka. Problem solved..:stickpoke

You appear to live near my Old Stomping ground.. ( I still sometimes go the Vine, Cases Altered, and the 7 bells on Kenton Lane) .. My mates live just off the Uxbridge Rd, so maybe we could all meet up for a ride out this Summer.. :cool:

I think Nicensleazy would be up for it :popcorn:
Thanks for the advice and a summer ride-out sounds great, especially the summer bit. I live just off Kenton Lane, about 2 minutes from the 7 Bells so meeting up should be easy ... :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
520 Posts
Allan - great piece of advice ..... think I'll try the air tube covers first.
I have the recessed air tube covers...you will need recessed type to solve your problems, but be aware you will need to cut small sections out of the plastic air tubes to accommodate the cover. Emoto did this for me as my dremel skills aren't that great!

See final result below
Tont

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I have the recessed air tube covers...you will need recessed type to solve your problems, but be aware you will need to cut small sections out of the plastic air tubes to accommodate the cover. Emoto did this for me as my dremel skills aren't that great!

See final result below
Tont
Thanks Tont. I have just bought the covers from Emoto so I'll be going down the same path.... Anyone fitted these themselves and if so any tips/pictures??? Thanks in advance - BTW, great site... Lots of helpful people.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After reading Tont's note I contacted eMoto to ask them for a stencil and they responded in about 10 minutes to say the would have all this to me some time later today.... Great service. I will post on this thread the instructions and pictures in case anyone else wants them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts