MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, for those that haven't caught my posts elsewhere, I just wanted to let everyone know the service I have had from my dealer and MV. I have a serie ORO and had the tank replaced 18 months ago from a stock that MV had left over from the original build. (Obviously my bike was out of warranty even then) Diring the summer i noticed a very small blister mark on the replacement tank. My dealer Cupar Motorcycles (Scotland) contacted MV again for me and they agreed to replace my tank for a second time. This time they would make a me a new tank which would be latest spec and coated to prevent the ethanol problem. Just had word that the tank is at the painter awaiting coating and expect delivery in the next month or so.

I have had 3 F4 750s including an SR, plus I have one of the first turismos. So I know all about the challenges of owning an MV. However, I just want to say hats off to MV! I love the marque! If you want no issue, boring motorcycle ownership go elsewhere, but if you want to be part of something special get an MV. Nothing makes you grin inside your helmet as much as riding these special motorcycles. Thanks MV! Dave

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Now thats customer service at its finest.
Painting a totally new tank in the ORO style.

Any costs to it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
MV supplying FOC!
Your lucky you live overseas. I live in the middle of nowhere in the USA and can’t get parts, help from the manufacture or anything else from the company. The only hep I’ve gotten from anyone is for these forums. Congrats. At least someone can get help.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
This is how I know MV to act. Very good.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Delivery update from MV on ORO tank. Getting Closer.....

"the fuel tank is located now in our painter for managing the internal treatment, as soon as it will be ready I'll contact you." 09/01/18

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Just received word that the new tank for my ORO has arrived at Cupar Motorcycles and bike booked in for 8th Jan to get fitted. OK its probably a year later than hoped for BUT........ This will be the 3rd tank MV have supplied for the bike despite it being 2 years out of warranty when first issue occurred. They supplied the tank they had left over in stock, which unfortunately blistered again due to Ethanol issues. They then make a completely new one for me with new internal coating. Unfortunately this arrived at the dealer with a small paint blemish and they rejected it. A year later and lots of "progressing" from Alan at Cupar and we are there!!! A huge thanks to Cupar Motorcycles and of course to MV Agusta! MERRY XMAS!!:grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Great news, Dave, where do you live in Scotland?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Wish I knew, I was there last month, could've thrown one back with you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts