MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that, at this point, it is probably priceless, but what is a realistic value? I considering bidding on one. $50K?

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
yzfrr11 said:
I realize that, at this point, it is probably priceless, but what is a realistic value? I considering bidding on one. $50K?
Don't know the current status of the auction, but that bike has been the subject of several threads. It is in San Antonio at KC International, and was previously listed with a $50K reserve, which was lowered to $45K. Bidding reached $43.5K and it remained unsold.

I had it reserved for 5 days at $45K, but decided to get an '07 F4R/910R combo instead. It was subsequently relisted, but the winning bidder tanked. This is AT LEAST the 3rd recent listing for the bike, and last known reserve was $44K.

It is authentic, and is reportedly the last remaining UNSOLD Tamburini in the world. KCI is in ownership transition pending recent sale. New dealership is in new location and has added Benelli and Bimota. Don't know if the Tambo remains with Kemal at the original location or is part of inventory under new ownership. One simple phone call to Matt at KCI should clear up any questions @ 210.764.9990.

Somebody PLEASE buy Tambo #137, so I can get it out of my mind.

·
Registered
106 Posts
yzfrr11 said:
It is realistically worth what a qualified buyer is willing to pay.

·
Registered
51 Posts
WYD OPN,

If you have the means to purchase it, you should. I'm sure one day you will be kicking yourself if you don't get it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too-

pigiolino said:
Buy the SENNA R!!!!!
pier
I think, at this point, I'd rather have the Senna. How does the Senna compare to the Tambo from the performance standpoint?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
At that level performance similar.

Senna is NOT a Tamburini, be CLEAR about that.

If you plan to ride it and don't care about depreciation it's a matter of which MV you lust for.

All these machines are special, and a "limited" edition is not really what makes these bikes special. They are great running machines, that are on par with sexual lust.

Peter

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I hear you, I have that same " lust for" affliction!

Attachments

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Aprilia said:
WYD OPN,

If you have the means to purchase it, you should. I'm sure one day you will be kicking yourself if you don't get it.
I understand... and I am a bit torn. But... I also have a 4-wheel obsession, and they are even MORE demanding of resources. Trying to balance them all over the next couple of years to get everything "on the list" means some choices have to be made.

If I do wrangle the Tambo, care to do the break-in for me?!:moped:

·
Registered
51 Posts
WYD OPN said:
If I do wrangle the Tambo, care to do the break-in for me?!:moped:
I know thats a joke, but man oh man, that would be awesome. In 60yrs when I'd be old and crusty I'd be telling the guy next to me in the rocking chair about the time I broke in a Tamburini... haha...

Care to share whats in the 4 wheel stable? With bikes as beautiful as you have, I can only imagine the cars.

Here is my 5.0

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Aprilia said:
I know thats a joke, but man oh man, that would be awesome. In 60yrs when I'd be old and crusty I'd be telling the guy next to me in the rocking chair about the time I broke in a Tamburini... haha...

Care to share whats in the 4 wheel stable? With bikes as beautiful as you have, I can only imagine the cars.
I just started my big spending spree a few months ago. After my fiance's paralyzing accident, I sold my home and business. Decided not to roll all the equity into retirement... I'm gonna spend it. I've seen too many guys burn themselves out to stash a big nest egg and DIE before they retire and enjoy any of it.

So... I started the bikes first. Now some of the cars have been ordered.
'07 Corvette ZO6 (early winter)
'07 Mercedes SL65 (spring)
'07 Porsche 911 Turbo (late spring)
'0? Ferrari F430 (2-yr. wait list... don't want pre-owned).
Others are pending. I'll probably stop at 8 cars/16 bikes.

The upcoming Aprilia RS1000 V4 is on my radar... probably will be an '08 release.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
well uh...damn! i would be sitting on the front porch trying to figure out what to ride/drive every time i would leave the house...probably end up not going anywhere :laughing: then on top of that...i love washing my toys myself. i'd probably sprain my arms washing all those things.

of course reality says...rolling like that, i wouldn't have a porch...wouldn't have a house! i'd be standing on the edge of my cardboard box, hoping nobody stole them out of the CVS parking lot. :jsm:

HEY! living in near chi-town...what do you do with all those "summer time" vehicles? where's your winter suburban/f-150/hummer snow/salt warrior?

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
style_one said:
well uh...damn! i would be sitting on the front porch trying to figure out what to ride/drive every time i would leave the house...probably end up not going anywhere :laughing: then on top of that...i love washing my toys myself. i'd probably sprain my arms washing all those things.

of course reality says...rolling like that, i wouldn't have a porch...wouldn't have a house! i'd be standing on the edge of my cardboard box, hoping nobody stole them out of the CVS parking lot. :jsm:

HEY! living in near chi-town...what do you do with all those "summer time" vehicles? where's your winter suburban/f-150/hummer snow/salt warrior?
Yeah... riding/driving them is easy compared to keeping them clean. I've already found that out with the bikes. Especially since almost everything is black!

I think CVS should provide full-time security for you!:laughing:

Northeast Illinois is not my home, and we'll be moving back southward soon. The current daily driver is an '06 Sienna Limited w/mobility seating for her (paralyzed below the shoulders). Practical transportation covered, all the rest can be toys.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Something fishy going on here! I made a bid of $10,000 for the Tambo in the crate, needless to say it went far higher and I thought it had sold until I got a second chance offer to buy it today, at $10k I wish??? Anybody know what's going on??

·
Registered
338 Posts
The dealer, (seller) appears to be legitimate and I believe a few members on the board have done business with him in the past. Possibly unqualified buyers or maybe the seller was bidding to get the price up. Did you send him a message?

·
Registered
756 Posts
John...that's a common scam...typically the second chance offer is not from the actual seller, but a screen name or email that's close. In my case it was an email address which matched the ebay screen name. Report it to ebay. Beware :stir:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts