MV Agusta Forum banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
This is the same sad, delusional conversation Miata owners have all the time. Guess what, just because you can't handle it doesn't mean everyone else can't. Try riding something faster, you might like it.
I am not sure why you get so defensive and respond that way. I said either is fine with me. I have customers who buy bikes just to look at them and that is fine with me. I have done that myself.

I don't know anything about cars. I only own an older pick up truck. Unless I can load a bike in the back, cars are no good to me. So any car reference means nothing to me.

I do own a Brutale 1000 RR Serie Oro and a fully tracked out Ducati 1199 R. Yes, I bought the Serie Oro mostly for its looks, so I do have a bit of poser in me! And I bought the Ducati to help 2 teenage boys who lost both parents, who were customers of mine, in an accident.
Both these motorcycles make over 200 hp, so I do know fast bikes. I also know that my riding ability is higher than 99.5% or better of all motorcycle riders. I have plenty of trophies, lap times, etc to substantiate this claim - that is not the point. Point is that both these bikes make so much power that other than a few professional racers, one cannot use or handle all the power appropriately. On the track I may be able to put together a few fast laps on my 1199R, but over the length of a session, I am faster on a middle weight bike like a F3 800 or a Ducati 959.

Just wondering, have you ever ridden an F3 800 in anger? It is rather impressive!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am not sure why you get so defensive and respond that way. I said either is fine with me. I have customers who buy bikes just to look at them and that is fine with me. I have done that myself.

I don't know anything about cars. I only own an older pick up truck. Unless I can load a bike in the back, cars are no good to me. So any car reference means nothing to me.

I do own a Brutale 1000 RR Serie Oro and a fully tracked out Ducati 1199 R. Yes, I bought the Serie Oro mostly for its looks, so I do have a bit of poser in me! And I bought the Ducati to help 2 teenage boys who lost both parents, who were customers of mine, in an accident.
Both these motorcycles make over 200 hp, so I do know fast bikes. I also know that my riding ability is higher than 99.5% or better of all motorcycle riders. I have plenty of trophies, lap times, etc to substantiate this claim - that is not the point. Point is that both these bikes make so much power that other than a few professional racers, one cannot use or handle all the power appropriately. On the track I may be able to put together a few fast laps on my 1199R, but over the length of a session, I am faster on a middle weight bike like a F3 800 or a Ducati 959.

Just wondering, have you ever ridden an F3 800 in anger? It is rather impressive!
I would "superlike" your post if i could. Be careful, you migh break the internet with too much common sense.

Honestly if this does not bring that discussion to an end humanity is doomed.

Anywho, back on topic.

If i may ask you a question, would you, with the experience you have, say that the suspension is adequate on the sv?

Basically for my next bike , (the second sv since 800cc is plenty fast for me)i want to do some rather meaningful upgrades for rideability (mixed use, road/track).

My list is as follows:
Carbon wheels
Steering damper
Fork and shock
Exhaust

Thing is, for the Ohlins i was qouted a good chunk of change from the factory, so i would really like to know if the upgrade would be well worth it. I do not have enough experience on 2 wheels to conclude that without a side by side comparaison if you will. I have been trying different suspension settings on the stock and it just feels i can never get it 100% to where i would feel i want it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·

I have the privilege to drive many super cars and super bikes on race tracks and roads.

I prefer low weight with reasonable power than heavy things with extreme power outputs on all “toys”.

Same thing with water jet skis and snowmobiles.

·
Registered
Mv Agusta Dragster RR 2019
123 Posts
I would "superlike" your post if i could. Be careful, you migh break the internet with too much common sense.

Anywho, back on topic.

If i may ask you a question, would you, with the experience you have, say that the suspension is adequate on the sv?

Basically for my next bike , (the second sv since 800cc is plenty fast for me)i want to do some rather meaningful upgrades for rideability (mixed use, road/track).

My list is as follows:
Carbon wheels
Steering damper
Fork and shock
Exhaust

Thing is, for the Ohlins i was qouted a good chunk of change from the factory, so i would really like to know if the upgrade would be well worth it. I do not have enough experience on 2 wheels to conclude that without a side by side comparaison if you will. I have been trying different suspension settings on the stock and it just feels i can never get it 100% to where i would feel i want it.
Hello!
Regarding suspensions I personally love bitubo.
Cheaper than Ohlins and as good.
Although here in the States they are more difficult to sell them used if you need to later. But if you are planning on keeping them, for me it's the way to go.
On evolutionbike.it they have great prices.
Gabriele is very kind and knows lots. Shoot him an email.
Same for carbon wheels... BST is the way to go and again I am sure Gabriele can give you a brake at evolution bike.
Same for the exhaust....Check evolution bike.
The ones marked MV and made by Fresco are stunning!! Little pricey but worth it...
And the damper as well!!
Buy everything and you'll get a break!!
....And break your wallet!!:cool::p:oops:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

Anywho, back on topic.

My list is as follows:
Carbon wheels
Steering damper
Fork and shock
Exhaust

First, can we stop calling this model "SV" please? An SV is a Suzuki. The MV Agusta Superveloce should not be dishonored by calling it the same as some budget Suzuki! ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I keep asking the factory for a Superveloce R version, but they don't seem too keen.
My Idea of an R model would be:
Ohlins fork & shock
Ohlins steering damper
Lighter forged wheels, maybe magnesium
M50 or better brake calipers
Brembo RCS brake pump
Adjustable billet rear sets
Arrow exhaust as on the Serie Oro & race ECU
Rear seat cowling
Titanium hardware kit
ABS that can be switched off, or preferably no ABS at all but that is not legal I believe.

The stock suspension on the Superveloce/F3 is okay but not great for aggressive riding. The damping on the rear is not bad at first, but when the oil gets hot the damping seems to disappear. The forks are a bit too soft t the top of the stroke and then quickly get a bit harsh, i.e not linear enough. I like Ohlins because it of course has the reputation, but it really just works! There is other good suspension, K-Tech, Bitubo, maybe Mupo (I have never used Mupo), but Ohlins also has the support, parts availability and more techs now Ohlins than any of the other.
Btw, I have never bought any Ohlins from the motorcycle OEM. They charge way too much. Any decent dealer has an account with Ohlins direct or MV dealers should also be set up with Andreani who uses Ohlins product. Much less pricey through these sources.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
They had
and made design history with this 600.
This MY 1968 600,
here from the Stuart Parr collection
View attachment 485465
had it all,
fetching color AND bicycle front brakes
That is cool! I had never seen the MV 600 in yellow. Looks better than the Superveloce in yellow IMHO.
Not many motorcycles look good in yellow. Ducati pulled it of on a few though - way back when Ducatis actually looked good.....🙄😬

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello!
Regarding suspensions I personally love bitubo.
Cheaper than Ohlins and as good.
Although here in the States they are more difficult to sell them used if you need to later. But if you are planning on keeping them, for me it's the way to go.
On evolutionbike.it they have great prices.
Gabriele is very kind and knows lots. Shoot him an email.
Same for carbon wheels... BST is the way to go and again I am sure Gabriele can give you a brake at evolution bike.
Same for the exhaust....Check evolution bike.
The ones marked MV and made by Fresco are stunning!! Little pricey but worth it...
And the damper as well!!
Buy everything and you'll get a break!!
....And break your wallet!!:cool::p:oops:
Way ahead of you 😄, been eyeing those BST.
I think i might just mail em like you advised. Really want the steering damper installed, but i would have to remove the belt. Maybe they can advise something to keep both.

Edit:
Looking at bitubo cartriges and shock, might just do the job.
I do not like stock suspension, somethings feels off. I understand it is temperature and sensetive and all, but i do not get linear performance, rather i feel i have to stop and micro adjust it every now and then, almost as if the stable settings margin is so thin that minor road surface and temp changes require readjustment. I am not sure i am able to properly convey what i mean, i hope that it makes some sense.

First, can we stop calling this model "SV" please? An SV is a Suzuki. The MV Agusta Superveloce should not be dishonored by calling it the same as some budget Suzuki! ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I keep asking the factory for a Superveloce R version, but they don't seem too keen.
Ohlins fork & shock
Ohlins steering damper
Brembo RCS brake pump
Rear seat cowling
Titanium hardware kit
ABS that can be switched off, or preferably no ABS at all but that is not legal I believe.

The stock suspension on the Superveloce/F3 is okay but not great for aggressive riding. The damping on the rear is not bad at first, but when the oil gets hot the damping seems to disappear. The forks are a bit too soft t the top of the stroke and then quickly get a bit harsh, i.e not linear enough. I like Ohlins because it of course has the reputation, but it really just works! There is other good suspension, K-Tech, Bitubo, maybe Mupo (I have never used Mupo), but Ohlins also has the support, parts availability and more techs now Ohlins than any of the other.
Btw, I have never bought any Ohlins from the motorcycle OEM. They charge way too much. Any decent dealer has an account with Ohlins direct or MV dealers should also be set up with Andreani who uses Ohlins product. Much less pricey through these sources.
I do not think the demand is there to turn this bike in a more track oriented one, which is understandable.

Especially since you cant fit frame sliders for now. I guess that is not hard to solve, but i'd rather have the factory design something that fits the look, rather than a homebrewed solution.

I think the overall market trend is hard to wrestle liter bikes with 200+hp as far as high end mixed use (race/track) offering. Seeing how the 600cc supersport class is mostly being retired. I however believe some people, like myself, would still prefer a more nimble package. And pimped superveloce would have fit the bill.

Another rather obvious issue is your wishlist would put it in the 35k+ territory easily. Nothing wrong with that in itself, they charge that much for limited ed paint jobs as it is, but this time the margins would be way thinner for the factory, unless they really bump the price.

And putting a race prepped bike out there, wether the factory wants it or not, will make it subject for direct comparaison in reviews with higher specced bikes in similar price range.

And you can probably see where this is going. The reviews will conclude that the bike is not competitive, since reviewers focus on pure numbers mostly rather than things which are harder to quantify, such as overall experience and enjoyment. This will affect sales as well as brand image for people who were not even looking at this type of bike, which is majority of MV customers. So the stakes are high.

Imagine Honda coming up with 40k underperforming track bike, even if a small minoruty of clients would really want it for whatever reason, as their flagship offering. Flagship products dont make money but define brand image, hence one has to tread carefully.

Edit:
I still hope to be able to visit the factory soon, i will def discuss a one off with them along the lines of what you listed.
I am not sure i will be able to match the asking price, easily over double base, but i will think about it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
@Fallingthroughlife

When has MV ever won any shootout video?? I haven't seen one. No one buys MV's based on a review. An SV-R would be the bees knees...untill they come out with the new F4.

I think your right about pricing though...they charge allot as it is so the R would be near 50k for them to make money. They should still make it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
@Fallingthroughlife

When has MV ever won any shootout video?? I haven't seen one. No one buys MV's based on a review. An SV-R would be the bees knees...untill they come out with the new F4.

I think your right about pricing though...they charge allot as it is so the R would be near 50k for them to make money. They should still make it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
They havent won any hahaha!! I remember that one shoot out where the f4 was jerking when trying to launch from a stop hahaha!! Man that was embarrassing for mv! They come a long way!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·

Ohlins fork & shock
Ohlins steering damper
Brembo RCS brake pump
Rear seat cowling
Titanium hardware kit

The Agostini version will have many of this on board.

We have to wait until fall for this legendary and pricey bike.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Agostini version will have many of this on board.

We have to wait until fall for this legendary and pricey bike.
Another 35k bike eyy? Ohh goooodie but 300 models suck.
I wonder if they will keep the veloce s running with different colors every yr. i also hope they come with a plaque or something for the amount of money that it is! Especially since its $3k more than the 75th anniversario.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So I'm guessing that the 2021's electronics will not be available as an upgrade or retrofit for those of us with '20 bikes. Prolly more sensors, etc. I'm ok with that. Only bike I've ever had with that tech was my old KTM1190R, and I never triggered abs while leaned over, etc. Only tech i would really like to have would be wheelie control that would put you at about 45 degree, and pin it there for a hero move without looping or cutting out and slamming you back down...low risk horn monos would be sweet, but I don't think that exists...Haha. Track only ABS off mode could probably come as a software upgrade, but I probably won't be tracking this bike or riding it so hard that I expect the ABS to kick in on the lightest setting. I would have bought the bike with zero electronics TBH. Don't have any on my 996s, or my 749, or my VFR. Didn't have any electronics on any of my race bikes or track bikes back in the day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I'm guessing that the 2021's electronics will not be available as an upgrade or retrofit for those of us with '20 bikes. Prolly more sensors, etc. I'm ok with that. Only bike I've ever had with that tech was my old KTM1190R, and I never triggered abs while leaned over, etc. Only tech i would really like to have would be wheelie control that would put you at about 45 degree, and pin it there for a hero move without looping or cutting out and slamming you back down...low risk horn monos would be sweet, but I don't think that exists...Haha. Track only ABS off mode could probably come as a software upgrade, but I probably won't be tracking this bike or riding it so hard that I expect the ABS to kick in on the lightest setting. I would have bought the bike with zero electronics TBH. Don't have any on my 996s, or my 749, or my VFR. Didn't have any electronics on any of my race bikes or track bikes back in the day.
I hate the electronics. I hope on the fully customizable mode they let us turn abs off! Other wise i’ll yank the abs system off haha!!

121 - 140 of 146 Posts