MV Agusta Forum banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Similar updates to the Brutale/Dragster, as expected EURO5-emision sucks. :(

But overall the new ones look good. And who cares they only make 140?hp? It's more than sufficient to loose your drivers license. :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
You could lose your license in a Prius. Not the point. I'm buying a sportbike for sport. 140 horsepower was sufficient in the early 90's but nowadays it's the HP level you'd choose to get your learners permit on.
I notice you insist that you need a 200hp+ bike at least to match your skill level. Could you please share your lap times on a circuit you ride?

Unless you have significant track experience i just do not see how you would have picked up the very nuanced techniques needed to manage a 200hp.

I would actually go as far as to say it is straight up impossible. It is simply not concieveable one would pick it up as you go on the streets. You need, on top of theory and practical experience at the limit of traction and braking, to study your telemetry with your team over many trackdays to improve bit by bit to finally be able to lap a liter bike faster than you would a 600-800.

In fact most people doing highway pulls do not realise they would get slapped on track or street race by a competent track rider with a smaller bike were he so inclined to partake in a street chalkenge (which they dont, in fact the faster ones usually dont ride street) because :
(the explanation could get super long here so i will greatly oversimplify)
Failure to manage body position, suspension, braking and acceleration during corner entry, mid corner and exit. All of above is also highly dependent on type of corner, or corner sequence. You can not learn those concepts watching youtube or being a street rossi. It is not as simple as giving it 100 as soon as you see a corner exit.

And if highway pulls are your thing, just slam and stretch a turbo busa and call it a day.

What happened to the Ago limited edition they were supposed to show?
Ago should be Q4 i think, so probably announced closer to releasr.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I notice you insist that you need a 200hp+ bike at least to match your skill level. Could you please share your lap times on a circuit you ride?

Unless you have significant track experience i just do not see how you would have picked up the very nuanced techniques needed to manage a 200hp.

I would actually go as far as to say it is straight up impossible. It is simply not concieveable one would pick it up as you go on the streets. You need, on top of theory and practical experience at the limit of traction and braking, to study your telemetry with your team over many trackdays to improve bit by bit to finally be able to lap a liter bike faster than you would a 600-800.

In fact most people doing highway pulls do not realise they would get slapped on track or street race by a competent track rider with a smaller bike were he so inclined to partake in a street chalkenge (which they dont, in fact the faster ones usually dont ride street) because :
Failure to manage body position, suspension, braking and acceleration during corner entry, mid corner and exit. All of above is also highly dependent on type of corner, or corner sequence. You can not learn those concepts watching youtube or being a street rossi. It is not as simple as giving it 100 as soon as you see a corner exit.

And if highway pulls are your thing, just slam and stretch a turbo busa and call it a day.

There are posers and there are riders!

Posers do not care about much else than the motorcycle's look and spec sheets to brag to lesser informed people about their motorcycle's accolades in order to make themselves feel better, faster, bigger, or whatever.

Riders care about the complete package a particular motorcycle offers. The riders are interested in drivability, power delivery, handling, feedback, manageability, etc. all to assist with the rider's self-admitted shortcomings and to increase the rider's ability.

Nothing wrong with either and one can chose what side fits them best.
I know where I fit and I also know that 99.99% of riders cannot handle 200hp, or even 180hp. That is why many spend extra money for big hp motorcycles and then we all spend even more money to get all the electronics (i.e. hp & torque reducing) rider aids. Funny...... 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
62 Posts

Dear Karen, why don't you go tell BMW, Aprilia, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha and Ducati they're all doing it wrong? Seems that'd be easier.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are posers and there are riders!

Posers do not care about much else than the motorcycle's look and spec sheets to brag to lesser informed people about their motorcycle's accolades in order to make themselves feel better, faster, bigger, or whatever.

Riders care about the complete package a particular motorcycle offers. The riders are interested in drivability, power delivery, handling, feedback, manageability, etc. all to assist with the rider's self-admitted shortcomings and to increase the rider's ability.

Nothing wrong with either and one can chose what side fits them best.
I know where I fit and I also know that 99.99% of riders cannot handle 200hp, or even 180hp. That is why many spend extra money for big hp motorcycles and then we all spend even more money to get all the electronics (i.e. hp & torque reducing) rider aids. Funny...... 🤪 :ROFLMAO:
This is the same sad, delusional conversation Miata owners have all the time. Guess what, just because you can't handle it doesn't mean everyone else can't. Try riding something faster, you might like it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Maybe some people should face the facts before badmouthing things that they obviously have never ridden. MV Agusta has the Brutale engine which they sell in a 30.000€ Naked Bike. That engine is stretched to its limits. So if someone requests a Superveloce with RSV4, M1000RR or V4S specs along with respective chassis elements, what would you expect the price to be? It will be a 40.000€ Bike in the base version and likely still not match the performance.

Given the Financial constraints the company was in, it was a wise decision to first bring a Brutale for which it does not matter if it has 205 or 225 HP output to have a competitive product and then to bring a revamped 800 line to get MV back on its feet. They cannot live of poster bikes that some youtube experts cry for, but no one will buy in the end.

For most of its customers, the Superveloce has enough grunt (which engine in that displacement category has considerably better performance?) and will have even more once upgraded to 950cc in 2023 or so.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dear Karen, why don't you go tell BMW, Aprilia, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha and Ducati they're all doing it wrong? Seems that'd be easier.
Oh, you are one of those.. i see. I suspect you own a turbo busa already, and you ride it in cargo shorts with flip flops on.

With little or no track experience you are not riding the bike but holding on for dear life. Hitting top speed does not in any way make you a profficient rider.
And like i said, with insufficient track experience you amount to nothing on 150+hp, even if you have been riding for 50 years.

Same like people buying 1000+hp exotics to ride around town. You can ride a 1000hp all your life and learn nothing.
In fact 95% if not more do just that.
So brands making 1000hp cars that are never driven at speed is no testament to the demand for that much power, but a status symbol. And the brands are happy to oblige as long as there is money in it. They would make 10000hp if they could sell those. Your argument is invalid.

Anywho, this is beating a dead horse at this point. Not possible to reason with people like that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is the same sad, delusional conversation Miata owners have all the time. Guess what, just because you can't handle it doesn't mean everyone else can't. Try riding something faster, you might like it.
I have owned supercars for 20 years straight, in fact i never owned a not exotic car except for first few months after i got a license. I would redline the cars all day every day, tires screaming, untill i went on a go cart track and got slapped by a random kid. Totalled a car as well.

That was the time to take it to the track and eat some humble pie.

You are no exception. You impress noone with your delusions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oh, you are one of those.. i see. I suspect you own a turbo busa already, and you ride it in cargo shorts with flip flops on.

With little or no track experience you are not riding the bike but holding on for dear life. Hitting top speed does not in any way make you a profficient rider.
And like i said, with insufficient track experience you amount to nothing on 150+hp, even if you have been riding for 50 years.

Same like people buying 1000+hp exotics to ride around town. You can ride a 1000hp all your life and learn nothing.
In fact 95% if not more do just that.
So brands making 1000hp cars that are never driven at speed is no testament to the demand for that much power, but a status symbol. And the brands are happy to oblige as long as there is money in it. They would make 10000hp if they could sell those. Your argument is invalid.

Anywho, this is beating a dead horse at this point. Not possible to reason with people like that.

I have owned supercars for 20 years straight, in fact i never owned a not exotic car except for first few months after i got a license. I would redline the cars all day every day, tires screaming, untill i went on a go cart track and got slapped by a random kid. Totalled a car as well.

That was the time to take it to the track and eat some humble pie.

You are no exception. You impress noone with your delusions.
You sir (or madam), are a bona fide lunatic.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe some people should face the facts before badmouthing things that they obviously have never ridden. MV Agusta has the Brutale engine which they sell in a 30.000€ Naked Bike. That engine is stretched to its limits. So if someone requests a Superveloce with RSV4, M1000RR or V4S specs along with respective chassis elements, what would you expect the price to be? It will be a 40.000€ Bike in the base version and likely still not match the performance.

Given the Financial constraints the company was in, it was a wise decision to first bring a Brutale for which it does not matter if it has 205 or 225 HP output to have a competitive product and then to bring a revamped 800 line to get MV back on its feet. They cannot live of poster bikes that some youtube experts cry for, but no one will buy in the end.

For most of its customers, the Superveloce has enough grunt (which engine in that displacement category has considerably better performance?) and will have even more once upgraded to 950cc in 2023 or so.
I didn't badmouth anything. The Superveloce (despite the recent color choices) is a great looking bike and I'd really love to own one. The probelm for me is that it's underpowered. I don't know why that simple opinion has caused some members to write walls of text calling me a delusional, inexperienced Busa riding hood rat. This place has turned into a bit of a nuthatch.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't know why that simple opinion has caused some members to write walls of text calling me a delusional, inexperienced Busa riding hood rat.
It might have to do with comments like this:
140 horsepower was sufficient in the early 90's but nowadays it's the HP level you'd choose to get your learners permit on.
If you just stated that you prefered to have a Superveloce with a 1000cc inline four, then noone would have reacted in that way. I tried to explain why a 1000cc SV did not happen. But to call a 148HP bike a learner's vehicle are the type of comments that are normally given by people that are fast on the straight avenues and embarrassed on racetracks...

Those who are good riders by objective standards and that actually own modern 200+HP superbike do normally not feel the need to diminish the performance of mid capacity sports bikes. Because in order to get their skills they went through the mid capacity class. Just a thought...

·
Registered
817 Posts
I never thought this would turn into a popcorn thread... but I do love popcorn!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marko G. and TR3B

·
Registered
62 Posts
It might have to do with comments like this:

If you just stated that you prefered to have a Superveloce with a 1000cc inline four, then noone would have reacted in that way. I tried to explain why a 1000cc SV did not happen. But to call a 148HP bike a learner's vehicle are the type of comments that are normally given by people that are fast on the straight avenues and embarrassed on racetracks...

Those who are good riders by objective standards and that actually own modern 200+HP superbike do normally not feel the need to diminish the performance of mid capacity sports bikes. Because in order to get their skills they went through the mid capacity class. Just a thought...

101 - 120 of 142 Posts