MV Agusta Forum banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
One could think, it would be a good business idea for Mr Sardarov to do an "onlyfans" account...as that seems to be more important than the bikes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
On the off chance they announce one with some guts - does anyone know if this is this going to be an online reservation thing like last time?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, dealer reveal us 1 h away, so if anyine is in a rush to get a glimpse, go.
The public is 5h away.

I guess i can say a bit more now. I have seen the 3 colors for 21. Similar to renders i saw in dec.
I think i will go with the white one. A bit more expensive though..
As expected Black seems to no longer be on the menu, so only 2020. I guess they can reconsider this at any time though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does MV have a 'horrible decision' department? If so, they're doing a great job.
Back in dec The dealers seemed to really dislike this product based on renders i saw and consider it a hard sell. My understanding is MV weighted the feedback and decided to greenligh the yellow anyhow.
This was even harder to understand in conjunction with decision to remove the black from the catalogue. But i digress, i am just a nobody on the internet..

Now there is some redemption with the white one, but price wise it is up there with the bigger boys because it has a premium acc package as base, so unless SV neo retro feel is absolutely your jam, i guess most will look elswhere.

Edit:
I am really curious how the Ago will turn out.
For one, they have already used the bits of Ago color pattern from previous generations on SV 75,basic red/silver and Oro. Therefore it would be challenging to make it look much different and retain this color pattern.

And since MV does rely heavily on paint and acessories for product differentiation rather than premium technology, i am not sure giving Ago new paint and a full acessory package from the existing catalogue is the solution.

In any case MV special ed bikes sell out fast since the numbers are small, so i guess no incentive to go the extra mile to make it really special.

I would have loved to see Ohlins and steering damper though..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Back in dec The dealers seemed to really dislike this product based on renders i saw and consider it a hard sell. My understanding is MV weighted the feedback and decided to greenligh the yellow anyhow.
This was even harder to understand in conjunction with decision to remove the black from the catalogue. But i digress, i am just a nobody on the internet..

Now there is some redemption with the white one, but price wise it is up there with the bigger boys because it has a premium acc package as base, so unless SV neo retro feel is absolutely your jam, i guess most will look elswhere.
Seriously. I saw one painted silver and it was glorious. Freaking yellow? Give me a break.

Looks like I'm joining the Aprilia family this year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Seriously. I saw one painted silver and it was glorious. Freaking yellow? Give me a break.

Looks like I'm joining the Aprilia family this year.
I went to aprilia the other day to sniff around. I was looking at the rs660 to make it a dedicated track bike, which alot of people are doing now. Their liter bikes are def the best in terms of rider experience, along with BM 1000rr and r1, but the premium feel is absoluteley not there. I also looked at honda 1000 rr-r, but up close it feels real cheap in comparaison to MV.

In conclusion, having explored all the non special ed liter bikes in person (v4 as well), MV feels the most premium, with the Duc a notch below imho. So as far as i'm concerned, design and feel is where MV has a clear edge, and decision not to compete on technology is inevitable for a way smaller production. Therefore they carved a niche for themselves between performance and custom bikes. So it would be naive to expect a class leading track weapon when they have to compete with Kawa, Duc, etc.

Edit:
I thin Duc is on a 3-4 year lifecycle for v4, so refresh could be 22 or 23 at latest, Kaw is also due probably, as well as r1. Since all the big manufacturers are fairly level in the liter class right now, first one to evelovle their platform will take the clear lead. MV is not in this race and focusing as they should on their pseudo custom boutique style niche for now. With mass market lower end in the works.

·
Wing Nut
21,560 Posts
I will reserve judgment on the gold and silver until I see it in person. It may be stunning in the flesh....

Reactions: SouthrnSmkd

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will reserve judgment on the gold and silver until I see it in person. It may be stunning in the flesh....
In the release images they have many up close shots where you can see the color better. It really is yellow. What bothers me is how it just does not work with the gold frame.
The yellowish paint does not pair well with gold. champagne color is better pairing than yellow.

In short, yellow with black, or gold with gold, but not yellow with gold.

·
Wing Nut
21,560 Posts
Gold comes in many shades...I looked at the close ups. I don't think of that color as yellow.
The frame is one gold shade and the body is another.....in my opinion.
Like I said, I will reserve judgment until I see it in person.

I agree the white one is quite pretty !!

@TR3B, surely where you live you could find someone to build the bike you want. Especially if you are willing to pay whatever it takes. Some good F4 candidates out there. Buy a late model RR and deliver it to the customizer with your wish list.

Reactions: Fallingthroughlife

·
Registered
53 Posts

And here the S version in white
This is the one i got my eye on. This is an S version, and comes with the new spoke wheels and the optional exhaust as standard, with the price to reflect that, albeit, were you to order the acessories off the catalogue for your base SV, you would have to pay more total.

The article is up on MCN. All the mechanical changes are as we discussed before, so no surprises.

·
Registered
114 Posts

The wheels of the S on the classic Red/Silver paint scheme would be my favorite. The Euro5 exhaust matches the Superveloce better than the outgoing Euro4 pipes. And a replacement of the ugly brake fluid tanks. They must have overstocked on these for decades to come...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
As expected similar upgrades to that of the Dragster/Brutale

Personally not at all keen on the gold colour, bit of a traditionalist and will stick to the red/silver.

Not sure as to whether at the age of 79, that I would gain benefit from an anti-wheelie, maximum lean and launch control🤣🤣
But the new quick shifter should be an improvement.

Then of course there will be a price increase.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As expected similar upgrades to that of the Dragster/Brutale

Personally not at all keen on the gold colour, bit of a traditionalist and will stick to the red/silver.

Not sure as to whether at the age of 79, that I would gain benefit from an anti-wheelie, maximum lean and launch control🤣🤣
But the new quick shifter should be an improvement.

Then of course there will be a price increase.
Well, this is not an anti wheelie but a wheelie control. It is supposed to let you maintain a wheelie at a set angle depending on settings.
So you could be poppin dank nooners with your eyes closed to impress your ?grandkids?

·
Registered
62 Posts
@TR3B, surely where you live you could find someone to build the bike you want. Especially if you are willing to pay whatever it takes. Some good F4 candidates out there. Buy a late model RR and deliver it to the customizer with your wish list.
You should go to work for MV's 'bad decision' department because everything you just said was A material for failure and financial ruin. I didn't say I'd pay whatever it takes, I said if MV built a bike worth owning, I'd buy it

Dear MV, please make a bike that's competitive in power with modern sportbikes. Vespas make more hp than the current Superveloce does. Also, the SV is a classy looking bike deserving of upscale color combinations. For God's sake, yellow?

81 - 100 of 142 Posts