MV Agusta Forum banner

61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
@FlashVinnig: I certainly hope you meant this in the Webster's version and not the Urban Dictionary version. If the latter, you owe a huge apology to @wnehme.

I believe this will fall under the "get to know your audience" clause whereby you should do a little research before insulting one of the most knowledgeable and connected members we have.
Not too worry chuck its all good. I was offering some help but I understand people think theres a lot of jokers on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Ty for your kind offer. I would not feel comfortable asking someone i do not know in person a favour, but i appreciate the thought.

I just asked my friend to message the big boss todayish, since they are on good terms, with my questions basically. I simply wanted to avoid bothering people unnecessarily if i could have found the answer on the net digging through second hand data.
The phone call is to the ceo who is a good friend of mine or to brian gillen who is even a closer friend

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not too worry chuck its all good. I was offering some help but I understand people think theres a lot of jokers on here

Yeaa flash stay joking. But i guarantee he is buying that bike that dude has been getting money since he was 17 he gets what he wants. Mark my words he going to bag a special edition veloce. Money talk all that other bs walks. Big facts, i did tell him to ease off people. So he will hear that message!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just in case this thread is still intended to deal with motorcycles...

What @Fallingthroughlife has stated seems to be the case for 2021. Dealers over here now have placed ads for a F3 800 RR and a Rosso version. For reference and not intended to question anyone´s financial constitution: F3 Rosso ~16300€, F3 RR ~21000€.

So the 950 engine cannot be close to production ready state yet and my assumption on the F3 being the sole candidate to not get a E5 makeover before being transformed into a 950 was wrong. Homologation costs money and they would not have gone that intermediary step for updating the whole range to E5 just to get it then updated again to 950.

Following the logic of the triples, the F3 800RR should likely get the E5 engine, the Electronics Package and LED, whereas the Rosso will maybe be without the LED tinsel and simpler paint. But that is pure speculation by myself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The phone call is to the ceo who is a good friend of mine or to brian gillen who is even a closer friend

I would certainly appreciate some clarity at this point since i plan to order the second sv right away.
I think i want the white/gold 21
My understanding is delivery from julyish?

I will maybe sell my black one and get the ago instead as well, but only if i like the colors, but if the bigger sv is up in 22 i would not do that and upgrade in 22 rather.

On the subject of rosso and the whole pricing strategy, i am of the opinion it would be dangerous for MV to repeat previos mistake of raising prices without adding features that add value less than that of the price hike. I know they are updating e5 and imu tech but how much value it really brings? At this point that would be merely catching up to competition. I like the brand and how they partially turned it around, but right now the corona squeeze must be super hard on them, probably has signifficant ripple effect on future plans as they were still mid turnaround so to speak. I wish they come out on top in the end, but liter bikes and price hikes on old platform are not the answer i would think.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
For heavens sake, just stuff the old F4 motor in the black one and take my money. Seriously. I'd also pay an extra 2 grand for an analog cluster.
Put a Turbo on the three pipe engines please Mr. Timur Sardarov!

·
Wing Nut
21,560 Posts
Turbos have been tried on street bikes in the past and proved to be unsatisfactory...now a supercharger, that could work. Any system that depends on exhaust gas flow to provide boosted intake pressure will always have a disadvantage in drivability on the street.

Reactions: flexnow36

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Turbos have been tried on street bikes in the past and proved to be unsatisfactory...now a supercharger, that could work. Any system that depends on exhaust gas flow to provide boosted intake pressure will always have a disadvantage in drivability on the street.
I cant remember the conversation exactly but a 3cylinder turbo or scharger was spoken about and the ceo loves the idea this was back in october 18 there was a customer who was looking at starting the project as a one off bike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sooo, i just got the reply from the big boss via my close friend. He was suuuper nice and answered most my questions, especially regarding the 950 range and release dates. I hate to be a tease but i really can not share this, i hope you understand. All i can say is, no 950 21.

As far as SV goes, i guess most points have been discussed already.
I am trying to decide on the color for the second sv, white or gold.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Ago and Tamburini editions, please.
😍
Valentino Rossi tribute bike in the future would be great instead of Lewis Hamilton.
😉

61 - 80 of 142 Posts