MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! New to the forum, and also to the sport/pastime/passion ...

Anyhow, I just put a deposit down on a new 2015 Stradale, and will be picking it up in a week's time. I had originally sought out a 2016 model, but was informed by the dealer that North America (I'm in Canada) will not be receiving the new model year Rivale or Stradale due to poor sales performance. With this info, I worked at getting the best price I could on a remaining brand new 2015! Is this similar for other parts of the globe, or just a NA phenomenon?

Being new to all of this, I would also appreciate some guidance on gear - particularly a jacket. I'm partial to leather for a number of reasons. Is there a particular cut/style of jacket better suited to the Stradale's riding position? I don't have a lot of options locally to try different brands and styles, so I'm likely going to have to order online. It's easy to find jackets that suit my aesthetic tastes, but they're certainly not cheap, and I'd like to find something that suits the form/function requirements on the first go! Thanks in advance.

-Tulsah

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Hi there, I've recently bought a Stradale too. It was a UK dealers ex demo 2015 model which they had set up as a demo bike a year ago and no one rode it, more fool them I say, It had 15 miles on the clock! So I don't think your question is a US only issue.
All the dealers I spoke to when I was looking for one said the same, not a popular bike here in the UK at all, not sure if that's the same for the Rivale too but I've certainly never seen one on the road, although you don't see many MV's period to be honest.

My local dealer said it just doesn't fit with your average MV owner, mid 50's plus. They want an F4 because they've always dreamt of owning one and now can afford to do so but are too proud to admit that they are too old to ride a Superbike now ;) :D either that or they want a bike you can sit in and not be perched up on, weight over the front like a supermoto, so they buy a TV. That and also the list price is too close to the Torismo leaving it in a bit of a limbo. New ones are being sold at a £1500 discount and ex demos have around £3000 off. A bargain!

I've done 400 miles on it so far and love it. I can hoon around with my mates and embarrass super bikes on twisty country roads in the morning and then in the afternoon, pop the panniers on, pack some essentials and take the Mrs out in relative comfort. What's not to like?

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I had originally sought out a 2016 model, but was informed by the dealer that North America (I'm in Canada) will not be receiving the new model year Rivale or Stradale due to poor sales performance.
Welcome! Poor sales may be the reason. Or it could be the factory hasn't actually made any 2016 Rivale/Stradale due to being shuttered during the current financial restructuring.
Regardless, it's a great bike! :f4:

·
Registered
445 Posts
It's no secret that I've been unhappy with my reliability issues with the Rivale...but, I absolutely LOVE riding it. I'm sure that the next round will be better. I hope they get their issues sorted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also just purchased a new 2015 Stradale here in Canada. Local dealer had two that, despite hefty discounts, was unable to sell for more than a year. Offer was even sweeter this fall, so I couldn't pass it up. The guy who bought the other one apparently was going to go for a Yamaha FJ-09, but since the MV was the same price...MV is not a well-known brand here in Canada and since the overall motorcycle market is so small, few are willing to pay for quality compenents and beautiful design. It's a great city bike, as advertised.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts