MV Agusta Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Is there a decent mobile setting? It used to work well with the old motorcycle app but this is awful....

Edit....Not sure if it was mentioned in the previous 14 pages as I didn't read them
Just head to uninstall MotorcycleFree and reinstall - all is back as it was :)

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
!

Thankfully " Notifications " is back to " Private Messages" instead of telling me every time someone did anything involving me.......

also a little more vertical space would make it easier to click on.......

it was taking 10-12 tries (on a phone) my fingers are kind of flat on the ends

·
Registered
810 Posts
Noticed a slight issue in windows internet explorer when editing a post. The save button does not appear only another edit button. If you edit the post and click edit again, you get taken to the advanced message composer where the first option is to delete your post. Any changes you have made are lost and you need to re-edit and save changes there.

In chrome the edit button changes to a save button and functions as you would expect on the old site. err am I allowed to mention the old site or will I have my cheese forcibly moved and reprogrammed? :|

edit: my screen aspect ratio is a little strange at 16:10 rather than 16:9 or 4:3, have not checked on a 'normal' system

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
@Administrator, what happened to the banner at the top, 2-bikes missing all of a sudden ?

And how are you coming along bringing those old photo albums across as well as the directory ?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Do you still see this issue on IE? There was a mass update deployed to all sites?

Kyle

@Administrator fault still exists, Win 7 x64, IE v11

With respect to slow performance, I had not really noticed anything until yesterday, as soon as it got to 14:00 uk time (I assume that the USA woke up) the pages stall until all adverts have loaded. I appreciate that the Adchoices virus cannot be controlled, however the loading and use of video adverts is a real pain to those of us who utilise mifi / sat for their internet connection. Video adverts are the worst type of spam from me, even more than click bait.

On the whole the new site is fine, with some good features and we have the chance to polish it, so many thanks to those involved.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Advertising is a reality that the people who run sites such as this have to face. Despite the apparent freedom of the Internet running a popular forum does cost a not insignificant sum (hosting, backup, software licences, admin hours etc. it all adds up). The alternative is a subscription based model though I'm sure that would raise as many, if not more, howls of derision in the way of protest. Have no idea if VerticalScope would be interested in going that route anyway.

·
Administrator
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #149

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ok I'm a bit scunnered with this new look, I can't use tapatalk, my purchased motorcycle.com ad free app is no longer supported so I have started using safari on my iPhone (using mobile version), I tried to read a thread today and clicked the link, I got to see 1 post, hit the back button and tried again, got to see 1 post again albeit a different post, tried again and yes I got to see 1 different post again. Now I know for a fact that it is me that can't use this new site I don't even want to learn how to use it can you just let me use tapatalk it's idiot proof and I can use it, rant over but please if you reply to me remember I will never probably never see it. Happy days indeed

·
Vendor
5,151 Posts
Photo gallery is still not back,no matter which way you do it advised by Admin?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Ok I'm a bit scunnered with this new look, I can't use tapatalk, my purchased motorcycle.com ad free app is no longer supported so I have started using safari on my iPhone (using mobile version), I tried to read a thread today and clicked the link, I got to see 1 post, hit the back button and tried again, got to see 1 post again albeit a different post, tried again and yes I got to see 1 different post again. Now I know for a fact that it is me that can't use this new site I don't even want to learn how to use it can you just let me use tapatalk it's idiot proof and I can use it, rant over but please if you reply to me remember I will never probably never see it. Happy days indeed
Not sure about Safari, let alone on an iPhone, but if you hold your finger on the link do you get the option to open the thread in a new tab? This is how I use the site on PC and mobile (albeit Firefox on Android) and it prevents having to reload the new posts page, or call it from cache, after viewing each thread as it's always there in the background.

In fact I just go through the new posts page/s opening new tabs that interest me until I reach the "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit" notice. Then I just go though the opened tabs in turn reading each thread closing each as I go. Works for me.

The new mobile layout is far cleaner and more mobile friendly than the old classic look. Previously had to use the phone in landscape mode and pinch and zoom to read, now can use in portrait orientation without zooming, far better.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Am I the only one experiencing log in problems?
Each morning I have to re log into this site. I fill in my name and password, I check the remember me box and answer yes to the question “Do you wish this computer to remember your password”. Then the next day I have to do it all over again. In fact if I’ve been off for a couple of hours on the same day I have to re log in.
The old site used to do this every couple of weeks or so which I took as a hint to change up my passwords.

·
Administrator
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Am I the only one experiencing log in problems?
Each morning I have to re log into this site. I fill in my name and password, I check the remember me box and answer yes to the question “Do you wish this computer to remember your password”. Then the next day I have to do it all over again. In fact if I’ve been off for a couple of hours on the same day I have to re log in.
The old site used to do this every couple of weeks or so which I took as a hint to change up my passwords.
Do you have your device set on private browsing or could have some pop up blocker killing the saved log in info.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #158

·
Administrator
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Info under avatar is no updated.

Adding the following links:

1. The Garage link currently goes to the main album not the users and should read (New Site Garage)

Example: MVAgusta.net - View Profile: Donsy

Link in avatar: MVAgusta.net - Garages

Should go to here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vehicle_id=1089

2. The legacy or existing Albums should be list there also and name (Legacy Albums)

Example: mvagusta.net | Gallery > Donsy's album

Case #: 2377507

Jeff M
Still waiting for the recovery of the old albums but it is on the list.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Noticed a slight issue in windows internet explorer when editing a post. The save button does not appear only another edit button. If you edit the post and click edit again, you get taken to the advanced message composer where the first option is to delete your post. Any changes you have made are lost and you need to re-edit and save changes there.

In chrome the edit button changes to a save button and functions as you would expect on the old site. err am I allowed to mention the old site or will I have my cheese forcibly moved and reprogrammed? :|

edit: my screen aspect ratio is a little strange at 16:10 rather than 16:9 or 4:3, have not checked on a 'normal' system
Can you try and F5 Refresh and let me know if this is still happening?

Jeff M

141 - 160 of 326 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.