MV Agusta Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
301 - 320 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
?

My feelings is that we need to be careful. You can have too many rules to where it is no longer fun to be on the site. And this is coming from someone who is a rule follower.
Come on Andrew 3 rules are too many???

Price?
Location?
No bumping!

This is just logical
Sometimes the prices are silly
Distance can make shipping expensive, other times local pickup could be possible

If it doesn't sell, it's priced to high or too far away.....

Adjust the damn Price!!!!!

>:)>:)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I am getting a bit tired of this new site by now. It does constabtly flip around and when scrolling it simply goes back to the beginning. Furthermore it is very slow. This is all on the ipad. Takes away a bit of the fun over here.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I am getting a bit tired of this new site by now. It does constabtly flip around and when scrolling it simply goes back to the beginning. Furthermore it is very slow. This is all on the ipad. Takes away a bit of the fun over here.

Sounds like one of my old girlfriends Erik :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
22,066 Posts

It's not just an iPad thing. The way the banner ads load the whole thing just flips to some random space on the page. It also happens as photos load and reload in a thread. F'ing annoying.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
It's not just an iPad thing. The way the banner ads load the whole thing just flips to some random space on the page. It also happens as photos load and reload in a thread. F'ing annoying.
Well... I am happy that I am not the only one. Someone needs to solve it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ditto on my phone. I rarely visit the site. :frown2:
It used to be wicked fast and seamless when I first joined.

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Sorry to hear that the site is running slowly for your folks. I'm not able to recreate the speed issues on my end (using laptop, iPad or iPhone). Which style forum skin are you using? For mobile, are you using the Enhanced Mobile View or the desktop version? Just trying to get a better idea of how things are running on your end. Let me know.

In the meantime, please try clearing your cache/ cookies to see if there is any notable improvement.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
can you explain this a little more in detail?

this scrolling issue... which ipad are you using and what version OS is this on? As well, which browser did this happen on?

Lee

·
Super Moderator
22,066 Posts
In the meantime, please try clearing your cache/ cookies to see if there is any notable improvement.
In your best Indian accent, why don't you tell us to shutdown and reboot our computer and modem, too.

Lenovo Thinkcentre PC with Windows 7 64 bit. brand new in 2017. It is shutdown and restarted every night with the cache cleared.

Oh, at work it is a Dell PC with Windows 7 that is refreshed each night.

Of course clearing my cache does nothing for speed or fragmentation of loading.

You know that.

Now, KILL THOSE BANNER ADS!!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I know the ad's help the website out. So I am not one to say to run an adblock extension/addon/app on your device

buuut I have no problems on this site, on all my devices rather it be my phone running a custom Android rom, multiple PC's, Mac's, and Linux distros.

IF you want to test out an adblock extension and you are running Chrome here is a quick how-to.

CLICK: the three dots top right hand corner - More Tools - Extensions.
Scroll to the bottom of this screen and Click: Get More Extensions.
Top Left Corner Search the store box, type in: Adblock
The one with the hand click Add to Chrome. Let it install,
close Chrome - Reopen this site - Profit.

·
Super Moderator
22,066 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I understand ad revenue...but, this has gotten out of hand.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
can you explain this a little more in detail?

this scrolling issue... which ipad are you using and what version OS is this on? As well, which browser did this happen on?

Lee
I regularly clear cach and cookies. I don't which ipad or os I am on. It's few years old and updated all along.

One of the examples that is happing is when I go the last post and want to up the page again, and scroll up, it will go back to the last post. Sometimes several times.
What is especially slow is the drop down menu with 'your notifications'. If I would make a movie of that you would laugh your pants off,

·
Administrator
19,517 Posts
I wonder what is different with my systems. Dell PCs with Windows 8.1 and 10. Using Chrome or Firefiox. Maybe it's the internet speed? I pay for and get 100+ mbps downloads.

I don't get the same problems unless a post has multiple big photos in it. Then it takes time for the photos to load, and if I am trying to scroll down because I've seen the photos before it will keep bouncing back up as photos finish loading.

But most of the time I have no problem. The Banner ads don't seem to affect me.

I don't look at the site on my iPad or iPhone.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I installed that Adblocker right at the beginning wen Eddy recommended it, and I've never had this banner problem again, on my iPad mini, old bugger that she is.
I've no problems at all on my PC, using any browser including IE at times.

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
Glad to hear that the issues don't seem to affect everyone. I also don't have any issues navigating this site (even without any adblocker installed) so I'm still trying to figure out the common denominator amongst those people having the issues. Which thread are you folks using? Full, classic or mobile?

Erik

·
Super Moderator
22,066 Posts
Full

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
To help testing and trying to localize the issue, when you see this happen can you provide the link to the thread it happened in, a screenshot of the ad/images it jumps to, and the steps you took just before (Clicked page 4 in a thread, ect).

This will help us all get on the same page of the steps you took and we'll see if we can recreate it.

- JB

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Full

301 - 320 of 326 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.