MV Agusta Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 326 Posts

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
This is an anti-spam/scam protection as any spambot/scammer can create a first post, and then flood the forums. This also allows the moderators and community to be introduced to you and establish a dialogue before opening up the for sale section.

- JB

·
Super Moderator
22,065 Posts
I think you guys are on the money with the banner ads being the cause, but I'll need more info if I'm going to be able to prove and fix.

First off, clear cookies and cache. What ads are shown to you get chosen by a few different variables, and one is cookies. Clear those out and you'll refresh what is in your ad rotation somewhat and hopefully remove the troublesome ads.

Second off, next time you get this I need a link to the troublesome ad, and a screenshot of it. It may not be simple to identify which ad is giving you grief, but look for ads that appear broken (poorly aligned, loading symbol, just a picture with no context, etc). Also note what browser you are using at the time, and confirm your rough geographic location. Ad networks are so specialized and automated now, that we need the info to track down particular ads.

Finally, check the bottom left corner of you screen for any "waiting for" messages and let me know what you see. They should be lingering on the page long enough to either write down what you see, or take a screenshot

Kevin
Here is just one of many:

Waiting for.....jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,065 Posts
Posting that, I counted no less than 16 "waiting for" messages at the page bottom.

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Crowd Control is a separate entity, it self corrects, also if you're on the site between 1am and 7am EST you can encounter lags as the site backs itself up during this time

Kyle

·
Super Moderator
22,065 Posts
So, you are saying 1/4 of the day the site is useless, just live with it?

How about these guys? Or are they "a separate entity"?

Waitng for 1.jpg

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
First, could you confirm if you are on the site during those hours as Kyle mentioned (1am - 7am EST)? The 'guys' you are seeing zip by at the bottom left corner of your browser window are the scripts/ads loading on that particular page.

Normal behavior from these scripts/ads is they should be zipping by quickly. If you notice it happens to lag on one or several scripts/ads, please take a screenshot and let us know what page this appeared on. Include device/browser info as well if it's different from the screenshot you provided (chrome on laptop/desktop?).

Thanks,
Nate

·
Super Moderator
22,065 Posts
Nate, what do you think those two posts are? FWIW, although it doesn't really matter, Chrome, Windows 7, Lenovo Thinkcenter Desktop.

·
Super Moderator
22,065 Posts
First screenshot at 0808, second at 0517...right before I posted to this thread.

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Did some searching. Tribalfusion appears to be ad tracking cookie, though not one that I recognize. I don't have on my computer, so it's more likely came on to your computer from so other site. So, most likely harmless and probably wouldn't hurt you to block it/remove it. I say give it a try and see if that helps. You can choose to block particular cookies by clicking on the little 'i' icon on the url

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
22,065 Posts
I'll give it a shot, Kevin. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
@Administrator. I haven't had any issues until lately. Freezing up, and getting "not responding" pop ups. It does seem to happen most when I am trying to navigate a page and the banner hasn't populated yet and it seems to take much longer these days for that to happen. Thank you for everything you do here and I hope it all gets sorted soon.

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
@Administrator. I haven't had any issues until lately. Freezing up, and getting "not responding" pop ups. It does seem to happen most when I am trying to navigate a page and the banner hasn't populated yet and it seems to take much longer these days for that to happen. Thank you for everything you do here and I hope it all gets sorted soon.
What browser are you using and what kind of device?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
What browser are you using and what kind of device?

Kevin
Hey Kevin. It seems a lot of us are having the issue and I'm sure we are all using the various bowsers and different devices so I not sure it's relevant but you asked and you are the expert. I am using IE on a Windows laptop. My internet speed is extremely high and this is the only forum I have hanging up/freezing/ad loading issues.

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Have you tried turning off the sidebar? You can toggle it on and off in your user control panel. When you are not logged in you will always see more ads like the editorial ones at the bottom you posted a screen grab of.

to turn off the side bar: under user cp > edit options > sidebar on or off.

-Philip

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
For Sale Section Rules

A suggestion for the For Sale Section Rules
Put Sticky at the top in LARGE TYPE

"Put a price on your item, put your location and no bumping, failure to so do will cause deletion"

Simple, follow the rules, they're not complicated, this isn't eBay

:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

"Put a price on your item, put your location and no bumping, failure to so do will cause deletion"

I agree Noel, but apparently its too hard for guys to even figure out the difference between the 3 For Sale sections, apparently the descriptions I added under each heading is invisible.:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
22,065 Posts
The For Sale Rules are there at the top.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts

I agree Noel, but apparently its too hard for guys to even figure out the difference between the 3 For Sale sections, apparently the descriptions I added under each heading is invisible.:grin2:
My feelings is that we need to be careful. You can have too many rules to where it is no longer fun to be on the site. And this is coming from someone who is a rule follower.

281 - 300 of 326 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.