MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered myself a RoadLok.
These things are better than a disc lock because they don't let you forget that they are on there! The bike wont move anywhere near as far as a disc lock and is fixed to the bike so you don't have to carry that bulky lock about!
They aren't cheap but are well worth the money IMO.
They are available to the US as well so worth having a look.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I saw on of these on a 1199 duc it looks very trick I got to admit get some pics up for us fella when u have fitted it

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I saw one also on a KTM RC8R at the weekend . It was orange and matched the bike perfect, I thought it was some sort of special coloured Brembo accessorie . Now I know what it was !

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Looks really good..and seems to be very effective...and definitely a step forward from a 'disc lock'.
I'm notorious for forgetting about having locks etc on bikes, and would most certainly need a 'reminder'.
I could see a potential 'drop' though, if you fitted it on a bike with a 'centre stand' and forgot about it while 'rocking' your bike off the stand??..Maybe the bike wouldn't move that far to allow a problem though??. Would be OK with a side (kick) stand though.
But all in all a great Idea....I like it.
Brian.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just looked into this further and it only works on radial brake calipers. It therefore cant be used on pre-2004 F4s....

·
Registered
32 Posts
This was demonstrated to me earlier in the year (at the BMF show)
It's a very well made piece of kit, think my order is going in soon.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I rang they said it would fit the Senna!?!
Guess my order has just been cancelled, they don't do one for XJ6 either.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
When I rang they said it would fit the Senna!?!
Guess my order has just been cancelled, they don't do one for XJ6 either.
They prob have no idea about the different caliper set up mate on the earlier models they prob got a radial Nike set up measurements and just think all MVs are the same

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is very true Woody, just a shame that when I asked them if they would fit a 2002 F4 750 Senna they said that it would not be an issue.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Looks interesting, but aren't most stolen bikes lifted into the back of vans or trucks rather than been ridden away? I guess my point is, just like all disc locks, it'll prevent amateur theft only and won't stop someone determined to steal your bike.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks interesting, but aren't most stolen bikes lifted into the back of vans or trucks rather than been ridden away? I guess my point is, just like all disc locks, it'll prevent amateur theft only and won't stop someone determined to steal your bike.
It is a fairly big deterrent if you have it secured up to the max though. If they really want to steal your bike then it is gone, I invested in a tracker system for my last bike and people said there was no point. Had it been knicked then the perps would have been screwed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts