MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out, just got them back from the local machinist! I didn't put them on a scale before and compared after, but just from holding them I can tell the difference in weight as well as the cool looking factor!

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Those look awesome!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
How's your stopping power? I would be concerned about removing so much material from the discs in front .... you now have less material, thus providing less surface resistance, less braking, etc. Usually this process can be done on rear discs without concern......

On the plus side, it looks like your machinist performed the work well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
There was a US workshop doing this mod to standard discs, John, where in the Planet did you have these done? Quite fancy them done for my other bike, Cheers

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
How's your stopping power? I would be concerned about removing so much material from the discs in front .... you now have less material, thus providing less surface resistance, less braking, etc. Usually this process can be done on rear discs without concern......

On the plus side, it looks like your machinist performed the work well.
I was told also the amount of edges matter.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's a machinist in Savannnah, GA. The owner's son was a wera racer, and I knew them from my feeble attempt at racing. He does this rotor lightening for quite a few people on the WERA board. I know the Triumph board even set-up a group order from all over the world for a discounted price.

I too was concerned about the stopping power and I can tell you that from reading reviews from guys that race with them, there aren't any problems. But I'll let you know for sure when I go to Road Atlanta next month...

The price is very reasonable, about $80 per rotor, and $50 for the rear rotor, which I am about to take to him after the track day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts