MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Funny how people who never go to the track think that a bike that has been tracked is a problem.
Are you sure Dahulk has never been on the track?

The variables of what could happen to a bike on the track are far greater than what happens on the road. Any major accidents on the track go unreported and therefore never show up on the vehicle history. Not saying people don't get accident repairs done privately. Over-Revs on a track are a greater possibility than on the street purely due to the riding objective in one or the other environment. If someone admitted to me that they used a bike on the track, I would want a thorough check performed on the bike, including running an engine report, before I laid out money for it unless I was looking for a track bike.

We all know these bikes are designed to be ridden but there's a fine line between riding and abusing a machine. When it comes to a $20K bike, I personally would do my due diligence before I paid a dime for it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Are you sure Dahulk has never been on the track?

The variables of what could happen to a bike on the track are far greater than what happens on the road. Any major accidents on the track go unreported and therefore never show up on the vehicle history. Not saying people don't get accident repairs done privately. Over-Revs on a track are a greater possibility than on the street purely due to the riding objective in one or the other environment. If someone admitted to me that they used a bike on the track, I would want a thorough check performed on the bike, including running an engine report, before I laid out money for it unless I was looking for a track bike.u

We all know these bikes are designed to be ridden but there's a fine line between riding and abusing a machine. When it comes to a $20K bike, I personally would do my due diligence before I paid a dime for it.
Yes I'm sure. Do you go to the track? How exactly do you over rev an engine with a rev limiter. Ok yes you can do a mechanical over rev but that would be extremely tough on a bike especially with. Slipper clutch and the tire would lock up before . And 98 percent of track days guys are going to ride wah within the bikes limits. If I ever sell you a bike I will just say it wasn't tracked then, problem solved! :) tracked doesn't mean anything if that's your big concern

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So seat question...coming from a R6 (not bad) and a Harley (Lazy Boy Couch) the MV seat is tough. How brutal is it for long, straight, boring highway runs?

·
Registered
191 Posts
So seat question...coming from a R6 (not bad) and a Harley (Lazy Boy Couch) the MV seat is tough. How brutal is it for long, straight, boring highway runs?
I have done 600 kilometre days on my MV f4 , paniglae R and rsv4 factory as well as 350 Kms on my hard tail Harley shovel.
If you are an out of shape fatass it's rough. If you aren't and the roads are fun it's great.

·
Registered
301 Posts
and the roads are fun
That's the key point right there. I did 750kms from Calgary to Moose Jaw my first day with mine, probably the straightest most boring stretch of highway in existence. I could barely walk the next day and was sore for a week... Albeit, that was my first ride in 8 months, so I'm pretty sure I would have been sore on any sportbike.

It looks good, it goes fast, and it's Italian, so it's not gonna be a couch on wheels, but trust me, you wont care...

·
Registered
619 Posts
I am a little older and rode my F4 1600 miles in 5 days.
Slept well was not sore. With a backpack 42lbs for 300+ miles.
Changed my lifestyle last year.
Working out with weights 5 days a week, nothing extreme.
Also riding my bicycle to and from work, only 10 miles round trip. Hey The MV won't even warm up!
Changed my diet too, low fat, low sugar, low carb, reasonable portions.
Lost 20 lbs by the time of my jaunt. Lowered my BP too.
If I can ride a trip on the MV most can!:f4:

Ed :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Also riding my bicycle to and from work, only 10 miles round trip. Hey The MV won't even warm up!

Right on

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Awesome guys...appreciate the input.

That's the key point right there. I did 750kms from Calgary to Moose Jaw my first day with mine, probably the straightest most boring stretch of highway in existence. I could barely walk the next day and was sore for a week... Albeit, that was my first ride in 8 months, so I'm pretty sure I would have been sore on any sportbike.

It looks good, it goes fast, and it's Italian, so it's not gonna be a couch on wheels, but trust me, you wont care...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.