MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone
Just thought I would show off my new QD Exhaust and other custom add ons to my 2013 F4 1000

I installed a new QD Exhaust (from the awesome group at Design Corse), it looks and sounds amazing and also improves power delivery
Added new Melotti Tail Tidy top clean up the ass end
Completely removed the Exhaust Valve Servo and Cables and replaced it with a plug in Exhaust Servo Eliminator
Removed the rear turn signals and installed LED ones inside the rear vent (but outside the Grill)
Added some red Mv Deacls to the side fairings for that extra touch

I have Puig Red Rim Tape still to put on but haven't made the final decision on them yet

I hope you like....

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to help fellow forum members

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Nice mate, been thinking about the QD exhaust for my 2011 F4. How loud is it? stupidly or still pretty reasonable?
Is it easy to fit? here in Singapore we have to go for yearly check on the bike and i would need to swap the exhaust back to OEM for this...just wondering if its a job i can do easily.

Nice looking bike, i would leave the rim tape off if i am honest...might look too busy, looks great as it is.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Guy
It is loud but not too loud. I will attempt to post a video of turn signals and sound of pipes on Sunday when I have the day off.
jhollis it is an easy fit and would be an easy swap over if you completely remove the Exhaust Servo and Cables and replace them with a Servo Eliminator ( i am not sure if this still pass the exam though)

http://www.healtech-electronics.com

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hey Guy
It is loud but not too loud. I will attempt to post a video of turn signals and sound of pipes on Sunday when I have the day off.
jhollis it is an easy fit and would be an easy swap over if you completely remove the Exhaust Servo and Cables and replace them with a Servo Eliminator ( i am not sure if this still pass the exam though)

http://www.healtech-electronics.com
Thanks mate. Seriously tempted now. I already have the MV Corse headers but I'm led to believe the QD exhaust will bolt onto these.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After riding my bike it definately needs a Tune up so I am having the REXXER tune installed on Wednesday...

I will update after that

·
Registered
320 Posts
Very nice, did you by chance weigh them before fitting?
You wouldn't really choose the QD for a weight saving (unlike a Ti Bodis I guess). I haven't got accurate digital scales, but have just weighed the stock at around 7.5kg and the QD at around 6.5kg (maybe a shade less).

Not fully fitted yet because I'm having the link pipes ceramic coated, but the QD tail cans themselves look stunning in the staggered configuration, shame the clamps/bolts are so bulky though and can't wait to hear them growl... :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't do it to Mine as I sort of like the Frankenstein bolts but I think there is more than enough room to be able to turn the clamps upside down and hide them more under the seat....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Fair point, and indeed something I'll attempt when I fianally get to it :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Upside down Frankenbolts

Just for the hell of it I decided to turn the Frankenbolts upside down to see if it looks better..

Very easy to do, I took the clamps off and actually swapped which sides they were on to make the seal better..

Here are some photos. i do think it looks better

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys
I am just going through and updating some posts I was involved in as to tidy things up and help others....
The rexxer tune itself was very average at best, BUT Gary from Torque Power Motorcycles in Beenleigh, Queensland, Australia with help from Rexxer then took the Rexxer tune and completely customized the map for me.

Rexxer turned the Exhaust Valve Servo OFF and the O2 Sensor OFF. Then Gary tuned the fueling to suit my QD Exhaust. It was a bit of trial and error but now my bike is so much better to ride. It is smoother, steady around town, runs cooler and no more backfire through the Velocity Stacks....

I wish I had my bike tuned two years ago when I bought the bike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts