MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any idea about the new prototype that is being introduced at 4 p.m. in Long Beach? Supermotard maybe?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Either that or the Cagiva Mito 500, but that would mean selling Cagiva in the US again, but both bikes would make sweet garage mates to an MV!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
jdog said:
Where do they sell Cagiva now?
Pretty much everywhere but here in the states. From what I understand it has to do more with being unable to sell specific bikes here, nothing against the brand as a whole, for ex. no Mito (2-stroke), and their Raptors use Suzuki motors, and it's actually Suzuki who won't let them compete here. IIRC, the Gran Canyon was the last Cagiva sold here, up till 2002, i think.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The rest of the world.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I think they are in good shape if it's EITHER the STR 650 or the Mito 500, but seriously doubt it's the 125cc 2smoke rep.

Considering the response to the press release pics both here and on the thumper forums I think the 650 would have an extremely warm welcome.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh By the way, Thank You James C. I read a post of yours relating to adjusting the shifter peg. It was very helpful.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
JamesC said:
I think they are in good shape if it's EITHER the STR 650 or the Mito 500, but seriously doubt it's the 125cc 2smoke rep.

Considering the response to the press release pics both here and on the thumper forums I think the 650 would have an extremely warm welcome.
James, (or anybody else for that matter) do you know anything about the reliability of those Husky singles?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I talked a friend into an SM and we ride together all the time. I try to hang out on thumpertalk and advrider the last few years and lately supermotojunkie. I'd say they are extremely reliable.

The 450/510 for the TE/SM requires more regular maint but are well regarded by the desert racers and SM guys alike. There was an issue in '04 bikes IIRC that were getting some valve float but that was solved late '04 by switching valve manufacturers to a very high end supplier, I don't recall their name..started with a D.

The 610 is bulletproof with very very few regular issues. For some reason a batch in 06, for the first time anyone had ever heard, had a woodruff key shear on a crank nut which put the counterbalance shaft out. Felt like riding a KTM LC4 or over constant reflectors. Just swap in a new woodruff and it was fine, I think 30mins work.

High quality components but like anything you'll prob have to rejet and may want suspension work, depending on model.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Any idea if the Mito 500 using a more track or a more street oriented engine (in terms of power vs maint.)?

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Here's a whole slew of pictures of the Mito 500, from the Long Beach show. Lots of great attention to detail on this bike. It is definately a street bike, with passenger pegs and the sort. Suspension is non-adjustable, however, Matt from Cagiva USA was there and mentioned that the race parts from the 525 would bolt right up to it.

They were asking people to fill out a survey about whether they should bring it to the US. I said, "yes".

Mito 500

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
756 Posts
twoeleven said:
Here's a whole slew of pictures of the Mito 500, from the Long Beach show. Lots of great attention to detail on this bike. It is definately a street bike, with passenger pegs and the sort. Suspension is non-adjustable, however, Matt from Cagiva USA was there and mentioned that the race parts from the 525 would bolt right up to it.

They were asking people to fill out a survey about whether they should bring it to the US. I said, "yes".

Mito 500

Griff
twoeleven

Thanks for the great pics :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts