MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive added new pics of all my bikes, GSXR100, YZF-R1, and a few of my mv that i came off in aug last year.. very sad photos but truly show how well the bike holds up in such a serious smash.

So the photos make sence, the damage sustained by the bike was a complete stop from 80kmph nose first in a sunken drain concealed by grass. The Bike threw me off and it bounced first on its tail hence the broken exhaust mounts and scratched tips and tail section damage which i was unable to photograph yet.. the initial hit caused the steering sleeve inside the neck of the frame to sever at the lower section where it is taperred. The bike actually sumersulted a few times before landing on its tail section and then ended up on its left side on grass luckily which is why there is minor damage to ferring and mirror.

e

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
semi..

fully insured actually... insurance on this bike cost me 2500 AUD per year. with only one clause.. i cant ride it on the road. what does one do when their passion has time constraints on it and patience isnt one of their stronger qualities. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Thats high, especially as you can't ride it on the road....was this for just fire and theft? I've been given a quote on an MV1000 that I'm trying to purchase (second hand) for AU$1063 on $33,000 value from Shannons.

Was that you with the pelvic fracture?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt shop around for insurance because i needed to get it insured and knew that it would be hard to find someone who will insure me, so i took the first quote which was Swann insurance. the sum insured was 37,400 which included the RG3's. im sure your quote with shannons is the best you will find though. yeah its me with the pelvic fracture.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
With insurance though, I was with Suncorp at $1480 pa, now with Shannons at $840 pa, and a better deal as they throw in $2000 for personal apparel!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Guys,
How much is the Pensioner Rebate? :stickpoke :later:

Nah seriously, I know a guy who went with Shannon's recently. Has cover for pillion gear as well (~$1500). His policy also says free windscreen per year. So he says to them, so I can have a new screen for free each year? They said, we'll have to check. Think they did a cut & paste with the Car Policy. Those MV Corse Ti screens cost more than a car windscreen. Shame they smash so easily, annually :laughing:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Those MV Corse Ti screens cost more than a car windscreen. Shame they smash so easily, annually :laughing:[/QUOTE]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts