MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i am the new owner of an f4. collecting it tomorrow, weather permitting. Any do's and don't i need to know of? and how do you change the time on the clock? Many thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
DO: Go for a long ride! Know that is will be a bit growly at low speeds, and below 100kph (55mph) it will be warm-hot, be heavy on your wrists, etc. At 30mph (50 kph) its going to get HOT, don't worry about it. Stopped at the lights, its going to make you think its going to burn through to the centre of the earth.

DON'T: Drop it in the dealers driveway... Expensive and embarrassing :cry:

For the clock: start the engine, make sure its in neutral, sit on the bike, fold up the side stand, use the starter button to scroll through to the clock, hit the reset on the console and scroll through the numbers, makes more sense when you are doing it.

So, started, in neutral, side stand up. Weird but it works.

Welcome!!!! Enjoy your stay and take every opportunity to torture the Brutale crowd :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
welcome dude where are ya!!! if you aint ridden mv b4 they arent the easiest bikes to get along with staright away so persevere and you will grow to love it, then you will get stuck by cf fever and thats when you are hooked enjoy!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that, Been out today for the first ride, omg, its alot harder ride than the blade ive just sold but with in 15 mins it was fantastic. I was abit worried about the temp. Worked the clock out i surpose the trip works in the same way? just found a lap timer as well!! many thanks dan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tried to reset the trip, I don't know what im doing wrong, I can get it to scroll through every thing, but when on the trip and i push reset it does nothing. if i push both together it goes on to lap timer

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Just tried to reset the trip, I don't know what im doing wrong, I can get it to scroll through every thing, but when on the trip and i push reset it does nothing. if i push both together it goes on to lap timer
Whilst the correct trip is displayed (there are 2), press and hold the starter button until it starts to flash. Then press the starter button again, the trip should reset to zero. Until you are used to this, it may take a couple of goes - only try it when stationary!:wtf:
This one is completely on the starter button.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Whilst the correct trip is displayed (there are 2), press and hold the starter button until it starts to flash. Then press the starter button again, the trip should reset to zero. Until you are used to this, it may take a couple of goes - only try it when stationary!:wtf:
This one is completely on the starter button.
Yup he nailed it...

1) start bike
2) start button till you reach trip A or trip B
3) when on trip a or trip b press and hold the start button for (30-45 seconds) it will start flashing
4) press and release start button to reset trip

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that, I'll give it a try next time I get it out. still buzzing now and ive put it to bed 4 hours ago. One thing I have noticed is how tall it is.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome to fold. You'll never want another bike but an MV. Enjoy the exclusivity,chicks dig em. Where you from?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts