MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals! f3 800 new owner here. got the chance to ride the f3 the other day and really love how the chassis feels. I'm from Nor-cal and hoping to ride with some more f3 around here mostly hwy 9-la honda.

·
Administrator
18,859 Posts
Welcome to the family..!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Donsy and Esq'z me. Been riding motorcycles for almost 10 years.Hopefully I can finish my house remodeling asap so i can hit the track with the f3 800.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DId my first track day on the mv yesterday at thunderhill raceway. bike is amazing but the track condition was not so good. Can't wait to do another trackday wi th mv f3 800!

·
Registered
74 Posts
DId my first track day on the mv yesterday at thunderhill raceway. bike is amazing but the track condition was not so good. Can't wait to do another trackday wi th mv f3 800!
Nice one that was quick.:f4:

I'm doing my first track day tomorrow :mouthwate

Are you still running OEM tyres?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes. oem tires. I got my suspension set up by DAVE MOSS and he said the f3 800 suspension is good out of the box but the f3 675r not so good. oh, and dave has his own f3 800. On my oem tires i have 30/30 cold psi but then again i did not push the bike much since we had some wild blowing wind!

·
Registered
74 Posts
yes. oem tires. I got my suspension set up by DAVE MOSS and he said the f3 800 suspension is good out of the box but the f3 675r not so good. oh, and dave has his own f3 800. On my oem tires i have 30/30 cold psi but then again i did not push the bike much since we had some wild blowing wind!
Nice he is a good guy to chat with :f4:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Puzzled by that comment. I wouldn't have thought that the damping stack changes to the 800 made that big a difference. Supposedly the spring rates are the same. Oh well, live and learn.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Puzzled by that comment. I wouldn't have thought that the damping stack changes to the 800 made that big a difference. Supposedly the spring rates are the same. Oh well, live and learn.
Puzzled by my english or 675 suspension? That's what he told me about the 675 suspension. I never been on a 675 and my 800 is my first ever riding/owning an MV! the two dealers close to me still has an 800 rc in the showroom floors. Munroe Motors and California speed sports.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrates on your new MV. You will find the members her are very friendly, happy to help and as competent as you will find anywhere.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Puzzled by my english or 675 suspension? That's what he told me about the 675 suspension. I never been on a 675 and my 800 is my first ever riding/owning an MV! the two dealers close to me still has an 800 rc in the showroom floors. Munroe Motors and California speed sports.
Neither. Just surprised Dave found the suspensions that different on two bikes that are virtually identical except for suspension damping stacks. But he knows what he's doing for sure so like I said - learning more every day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the forum and congrates on your new MV. You will find the members her are very friendly, happy to help and as competent as you will find anywhere.
Thanks Jake! lol! i used to have an 09 r1 and in R1-forum.net there's alot of pissing contest.hahaha! it's entertaining none the less!

Neither. Just surprised Dave found the suspensions that different on two bikes that are virtually identical except for suspension damping stacks. But he knows what he's doing for sure so like I said - learning more every day.
Yup! i gotta see him again so he can rebuild my cbr front forks.. f3 so good in the track it's too fun i might forget it's not my track bike.

Very nice, I thought only the 2014's had the red tank decals.
I'm confused too. on my pink slip(title) it say's 2015 then on my build date it's 6/14. Do i need to get the new fuel map? it seems my f3 is 2014 model

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Administrator
18,859 Posts
on my pink slip(title) it say's 2015 then on my build date it's 6/14. Do i need to get the new fuel map? it seems my f3 is 2014 model
You have a 2014...there are a few map updates for it.
New model production frequently begins mid-year. A June 2014 build date could most likely be a 2015 year model.

Check the VIN as mentioned above.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts