MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...way east.....

...Tokyo to be specific.... :drummer:

Been lurking for a month or so. Got my Brutale 910 two weeks ago....first MV, quite pleased thusfar. I'm living in Tokyo these days, prior to that in London where I got into bikes and mostly touring all over the continent. Needed a naked bike here, since my FJR is just too big for city riding....so this is what I got....

Anyway, couple of interesting threads I'll get on....something about the magazine pics. Also that garage thing...haha for those of you who think your garage is too small, crowded, or otherwise messy, I'll get on that and make you feel better. I get to fight with bicycles to park my three two-wheeled vehicles on a regular basis. :eek:

Here's me and my machine.... still waiting for my marchesini wheels to come in. Might give up, they have no idea when they'll come in. I discovered on pick up that the stock rims are actually quite nice! :laughing:

see you guys around.....

-colin

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Very nice silver/red 910, my favorite of the standard paint scheme!

Fantastic picture with the beautiful Fuji snow cap... did you refinish the front rotor carrier red? or are those the Moto Corse rortors? and did you change the brake lines? or maybe just funny lighting?

Nice having you here!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, glad to be here....

Rotors: These are Alth rotors that showed up as an option at Moto Corse. Do you know the Moto Corse in Tokyo or is it a dealer group around the world? (i know it exists in san marino for example). I can't read Japanese so the line between what is my local dealer and what might be something 'bigger' I probably won't get....

i was hoping they'd get put on the new wheels.... oh well. I only upgraded because one day before I bought it I saw a red Brutale in the garage at work so figured I had to one up some how.... :naughty:

brake lines.... hmmm. I didn't do anything to them, they are mesh/reinforced cable type (i'm sure there is a more technical description for them!). I didn't ask for anything special there.... Didn't notice that they should be any different....

-colin

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Tokyolunch and compliments for Your Red/Silver Brutale (my favourite colors in the 910S range): great picture, by the way.

Regarding Motocorse, it's an "Italian" company (San Marino is a "town-country" by its own in the Italian territory) that also has a subsidiary in Japan for an important reason: all the Titanium products are made in Japan because the Japanese titanium - or the titanium manufactered in Japan, if You prefer... - is considered the purest that can be found. I love their products!

Ciao

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
starfighter said:
Hi Tokyolunch and compliments for Your Red/Silver Brutale (my favourite colors in the 910S range): great picture, by the way.

Regarding Motocorse, it's an "Italian" company (San Marino is a "town-country" by its own in the Italian territory) that also has a subsidiary in Japan for an important reason: all the Titanium products are made in Japan because the Japanese titanium - or the titanium manufactered in Japan, if You prefer... - is considered the purest that can be found. I love their products!

Ciao
Interesting about the Japanese Ti, thanks for the info.

Tokyolunch, I asked about the brake lines because I thought the lines on your bike look silver from the picture, but I thought the OEM lines have black sleeves over them. must have been the lighting...but with that said, SS braided lines would look especically nice with the silver/red bike.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
VERY nice bike there Tokyo!!!!!! Damn nice...I love the Silver 910s...

My bike has the braided lines...is that not stock???? I bought my bike used, and there weren't any other Brutales on the floor to compare...

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
oicdn said:
VERY nice bike there Tokyo!!!!!! Damn nice...I love the Silver 910s...

My bike has the braided lines...is that not stock???? I bought my bike used, and there weren't any other Brutales on the floor to compare...
Pretty sure SS lines are stock, but what I was talking about was the color of the sleeves that goes over the silver stainless braided lines... here is a picture of a stock silver red 910 @ Pro Italia, you can see it has a black sleeve over part of the line, and Tokyo's lines appear to be silver all the way up to the top, that's why I asked...

http://mvagusta.net/gallery/proitalia_910crash/IMG_0081

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
starfighter said:

Ciao
Thanks for the info there on Ti.... didn't really know Japanese Ti was the thing to get! I'll bet they still charge more here for it than overseas though.... :cry:

Motocorse has some good stuff. They have some interesting models here in Japan, not sure if it is a Motocorse thing or a Japan thing. Like the Platino and SC models for example.... are those "normal"?

F4 Platino

Brutale SC

-colin

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the cables go all the way down in the clear braided cables.

You see it a bit better on this pic, and of course you don't have my big shit-eating grin in it either.... :naughty: :naughty:

Hi Res Pic here if you want to zoom in

Also you can see the braiding down here, though I was actually taking a pic of an oozing radiator hose. Not dripping, and not too worried, but will have the dealer take a look soon. Don't suppose anybody had this happen....

I'm feeling a bit sheepish for not digging into the brake lines more.... :blush:

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Imagestation isn't outside friendly. I've created an album for you.

View his images in his album under the avatar :) :conveyer:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for that admin. (i was getting there, honest!) :stickpoke

I thought the imagestation link checked out OK....hmmmm.
was moving to flickr but my upload limit was hit pretty fast!

anyway, will add more pics as they are taken....

giddyup.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Take advantage of what mvagusta.net has to offer in terms of image storing ;-)

Just use the MV CP (top right near the welcome message) and go to create album, upload as large / as many photos as you want and i'll take care of the rest for you.

At least, that's the method for now ;-) let's hope i get it even more user friendly as time comes..

If you have videos just e-mail them to me or something and i'll post them up :-D

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
absolutely Beautiful pictures... reminds me of lake Tahoe, except of course the Mighty Fuji...

As I mentioned before, I love the silver/red scheme, my only complain about it is that OEM red seat is a bit pale compare to the red paint(tank & frame), red Alcantara seats would look much better on it... just my 2 cents.

I would love to ride in Japan, perhaps one day in the future. I imagine MV are not common there, as they are very exclusive anywhere! what kind of bikes do you see over there?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
odonata said:
what kind of bikes do you see over there?
surprise surprise, lots of japanese bikes! :eek:

tons of 400s. This is due to Japanese motorcycle license classes. The mid-range license cuts off at 400cc, so that's why those are everywhere. Ducati is probably the only European bike that will do a 400, and that is in the Monster. Naked bikes seem to be what people have. hornets, etc.

Lots of harley/cruiser types.

Don't see many big bikes really, but of course they are out there. They are quite expensive here, so that limits things. I think (not sure if still true) that there is a limit on domestic bikes, such that anything over 750 has to be exported/imported (for japanese bikes!).

Of course, you've got these things.....

These are quite popular with the kids.... :green:
seem to be a combination of harley cruiser meets super scoot. Have in-dash stereos and cupholders. most smoke while riding. and they have annoyingly loud exhausts.
I think they are sort of what's come out of the Akira type motorbike/scooter things (if you'ver ever seen that movie....)

once you get out of the city, the roads are quite nice. I get lost a lot though. And there are many crappy riders who don't take the right lines on turns and they just become dangerous. just have to be careful, but that's probably not just a Japan thing.... :blah:

-colin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts