MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

Whats up I finally made the drive to Oregon and picked up my F3. I can thank this forum for helping me decide on getting this awesome bike. It does not have the latest map however engine is still very smooth and power is linear. It suffered a lowside so I'm having to do some minor work. I hoping to get guidance from you good folks on my best options. The bike needs a front fairing stay, front fairing and windscreen; I have the side and belly fairings althought they have varying degrees of rash and the tank needs to be repainted. This bike is going to be more or less track dedicated although I'd like street it once in a while. Here's my plan please make suggestions:

Front fairing stay/mount: Aftermarket vs oem

Aftermarket street fairings vs track fairings: Good brands w/o fitment issues

Air filter: do I need to buy both the long aftermarket tubular filter and screen filter as I airducts have no way to be attached unless I purchase the oem front fairing stay.

rear-sets: looking for GP shift

Thanks guys. I'll post pics when I get a chance

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I've just ordered Rizoma rear sets for my F3. I was looking at Lightech but they were more expensive and when I asked the guys at Motovation they said "The rearsets are comparable in both quality and adjustment. Both allow adjustment of approx. one inch up and back, and are made from solid billet aluminium." The Lightech have the options of folding foot pegs and toe pegs at an additional price and are the only rear sets with this option that I have found.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Emmevei125, I am pretty sure Rizoma has an adapter to make the pegs folding.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
The Motovation guys indicated that the Rizoma didn't have a folding peg option and I couldn't find any reference to folding foot pegs when researching F3 rear sets with race pattern with the exception of the lightechh pegs. I'd be interested as the regulations require folding footpegs for road use.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fellas,
Front fairing stay/mount: Aftermarket vs oem
Aftermarket street fairings vs track fairings: Good brands w/o fitment issues
Air filter: do I need to buy both the long aftermarket tubular filter and screen filter as I airducts have no way to be attached unless I purchase the oem front fairing stay.
rear-sets: looking for GP shift
Thanks guys. I'll post pics when I get a chance
Hi, I've ordered a fairing kit from these guys.

http://www.motoforzafairings.com/en/category

They offer Street or Race kits in the set. I'm expecting to fit them in the next couple of weeks (currently travelling) I've had a look when they arrived and they seem to measure up accurately to the original air ducts. Obviously proof will be in the fitting :eek:)
I'll let you know how things go but the service from these guys was great and getting them to Melbourne wasn't an issue. I went for the full road kit - but keep in mind their rear or "race seat" doesn't have the cut out for tail light or the ability to fit the original seat. This wasn't an issue for me as my existing fairings were fine in that respect.

Cheers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Coming together gents. Got the Armour Body kit on and fit is A-FUCKIN-MAZING, excuse my French. Waiting on windscreen then to the painters. Decided to keep with original colors Red on top, silver, and red belly pan. Will post pics shortly. By the way, Rearsets from motodesigns out of LA are very well engineered and fitting them was a breeze, highly recommend them over the Standard fare.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Photos to come. Going to shop tomorrow to have ECU/map updated and hopefully to paint. Just about to pull trigger on front and rear suspension. Looking at the Mupo Evo Rear and FG Gub Zero Front Forks. Anyone have any feedback?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
New F3: Track bike

ECU/MAP latest update done. Here's a quick (sorry 4 poor quality) pic. Just waiting on windscreen to drill final holes and off to painters.

MV F3.jpg

Big Bro

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a deal on Bitubo damper/front fork Carts/rear shock from Bellisimoto. Anyone running Bitubo on their bikes? Feedback or advice please.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Cant help you there. Ive ordered mupo after a huge debatenin my head whether to go bitubo or mupo.

In the end mupo won out as install includes one test and tune day with the guru.

Love to hear your full opinion once you've got it in.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
614 Posts
All my research came up with was that there is very little to split the two on quality, technology and performance.

Price was the same as well.

I was all ready to pull the pin on bitubo as it is a bit more popular in the middle sized machines. Until I ran into the mupo guy and talked about his service.

With the bitubo I'd have had to fit myself and support is interstate.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Going to paint tomorrow and pulled trigger on Bitubo Damper/Forks/Shock; Vegas is only a short hop away from me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see lots of different offerings for gas cap, stock got chewed up in the crash, anyone have pics/recommendation for quick release.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts