MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings from Canada!

Finally pulled the trigger on a brand new 2014 Brutale 675 after weeks of debating if I wanted a Ducati Monster, Triumph Triple or an MV Agusta. I finally choose the MV Agusta over the others because I enjoyed the 3 cylinder engine better over the Ducati twin and prefered the lines of the Brutale over the Triumph. That being said, it was a tough choice as the two other options were very nice also.

I have been able to log over 800kms in one week Since taking delivery of the Brutale 675 and I am very happy with the bike. All went well during break-in and the bike is now just starting to losen up and ride/feel better.

I did consider the 800 over the 675 and did test drive the 2 models. I know many consider the additional features of the 800 make it a better choice given the price difference.... but I make a living out of tuning engines as a MoTeC dealer in Canada and also tuning suspensions. The ride quality difference between the 675 and the 800 was not so huge as to change my mind about doing my own suspension setup which I always do on every vehicle I own. On top, cost difference between the 2 models was nearly $2,500 taxes in here in Canada.

So far, I have removed the passenger pegs, installed a tail tidy and removed the rather large vent/vacuum canister at the bottom front end of the bike. It now looks much better (at least for me) and I am looking forward to a few more changes: mirrors and maybe the dragster belly pan.

As a professional tuner I would say the overall calibration of the ECU is not bad, but certainly not where it needs to be regarding the DBW function. I took delivery of the bike on the Normal map and I was not happy with the overall response of the TB... Not linear enough in the first 25% TP opening. I have setup a custom map and the feel (again at least for me) has vastly improved.

This bike is nimble, very agile and powerful enough for sport use. I love the lines and all the attention to details. I find the seat rather hard which is accentuated by the stiff rear shock fitted with a spring not compatible with solo riders 170lbs or less. This is not a deal breaker for me on smooth roads, but when things get bumpy.... then it becomes obvious something needs to be addressed in that department.

Overall, I am delighted with my choice. I am also very happy I have come across this site. I have done a lot of reading over the last few weeks and I have found a wealth of information posted by a great bunch of MV enthusiasts.

Looking forward to a great time with my new ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Always good to see another Canuck on here. Where are you located?

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Beautiful. Red and Silver. Always Red and Silver. :smoking:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am actually from Quebec, near Montreal..... where the riding season is so short....:freezing:

I went to an MV dealer today to look at some accessories. They did not have a Brutale Dragster on display, so I could not validate if the Dragster belly pan would fit my bike. They had a Rivale in stock and the belly pan on that model clearly would not fit. Does anyone know for sure if the belly pan on the Brutale Dragster fits the 675?

As a quick note, I noticed my exhaust piping & catalyst can turned to an ugly color, kind of a mix dark gold and blue, within the first 500kms. I used a marine product used to rejuvenate teak wood (teak neutralizer) along with a fine scrubbing pad. Within 30 minutes of cleaning, the whole exhaust came back to a nice grey stainless mate color and looked great again. This is a process we use on ss304 and high heat ss321 turbo manifolds to bring back some of the bling after the extreme heat of pre-turbo piping dulls the finish shortly after the first few runs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice choice - nice colour.

As a 170lb rider waiting for his Italia to arrive - is there enough adjustment on these shocks to handle 'lighter' :stickpoke riders or is a spring rate change needed?:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am the exact same weight as you. My spring is adjusted at the softest position. I find it is still too stiff. I never ride with a passenger, so the extra capacity of the oem spring is not useful to me.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Canister removal

Instruction on how to remove the canister please.
In the top section of your screen, check the forum-search option.
It won't bite mate :stickpoke

You'll find multiple threads about this issue !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update -- I now have 2500kms on the bike. Love it. Not one single issue.

The suspension and transmission improved after around 1000kms, now much smoother. Typical range before the fuel warning light comes on is around 260kms, normal riding. At the beginning, I felt a steering damper was a must on that bike... but now that I have adapted my riding style and that I am more familiar with the handling specifics, well it does not seem as essential as it was when I first rode my Brutale.

I had to keep an eye on small details such as plastic trim fasteners that would become loose during the first 1000kms... But that was easy. Did my first 1000kms service myself as my dealer is too far away. I informed my dealer that I would do the maintenance and keep all records during the warranty period. The agreement was that I would take the bike to the dealership once a year for a review for warranty purpose. Fair enough with me.

This is a fantastic ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts