MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 BMW K1200rs was too heavy and too reliable. It bored me, even it was comfy, red, and versatile. Off it went. I sold it to the first guy who suggested something remotely reasonable from craigslist.

What would work as a replacement and a stablemate for the Hypermotard?
I looked at F4s briefly, but after one of those cooked my legs and vibrated my wrists into submission....I decided to moderate my approach.

I found a 2006 Brutale 910 with 6K miles on the clock, but I needed to strike while the iron was hot (if you are married, you will understand). So this involved getting up at 3am and loading the family truckster with tools, straps, and ratchets. It has been a decade since I have been at MacDonald's, but I hit one for coffee and a croissant. 2 hours and 15 minutes later I was in front of the seller's house. The hauling rig is rated for 600 lbs, and I do prefer to use a standard trailer, but I did get it home.

To quote Top Gear: "What a machiiiiiiiiiiine !!!!!

I am looking forward to my new MV Agusta world, and a special thanks to Alvin for answering my questions, to Tony for parting with his bike, and to "M" for a nice welcome, even if I did not buy his Brutale.

I am planning a ride to Alice's this weekend. Right after I take care of the wife tax, that is.
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
"Miles of Smiles"

Ive only had my 920 for a week, but every time I ride it I just cant get the smug grin off my face

Im just so glad that more people dont know the virtues of these awesome machines - dont want them to become common

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SF Bay area and Brussels. I have done that route so many times for business. The entire staff of UA900 and UA901 knew me by my first name.
Glad to be (mostly) off the plane these days. I will take proper pictures shortly. First, the ride !

favorite color for 910s. enjoy ride to alice! oh how I miss living in the bay area!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Nice looking bike . I see you even went for the colour co-ordinated ratchet straps !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is way too funny. Same color combo. Can't figure out your towing rig, though. VW Camper?
The GL550 I used has the self-leveling air suspension which helped with the bike being 407 lbs dry, and who knows how much more wet. The ramp itself is over 50lbs.

I am currently scanning threads to address the vibration in the bars. I am sure I am being fussy, or simply spoiled by the Ducati twin not transmitting anything to the bars.
But...I can't see in the rear view mirror, it vibrates so much. Perhaps I will start here:

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=190

I've seen this picture before. LOL. :) Enjoy your Brutale! great bike!

·
Registered
198 Posts
That is way too funny. Same color combo. Can't figure out your towing rig, though. VW Camper?
The GL550 I used has the self-leveling air suspension which helped with the bike being 407 lbs dry, and who knows how much more wet. The ramp itself is over 50lbs.

I am currently scanning threads to address the vibration in the bars. I am sure I am being fussy, or simply spoiled by the Ducati twin not transmitting anything to the bars.
But...I can't see in the rear view mirror, it vibrates so much. Perhaps I will start here:

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=190
I have those in my bike. It helps quite a bit. Welcome to the forum and the area .:brutale:

·
Registered
14,532 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice bike, welcome to the MV family!

I live near 280 and Woodside Rd. and swing by Alice's on my "standard solo Sunday" route. I'll keep an eye out for you. (My 910S is orange, hard to miss.)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome. I sometimes go with the burligame breakfast club.
http://www.snafu.org/smbc/schedule.html#thismonth
They leave at 7:10 am on Sundays.

Otherwise...I will only get on Skyline/84 early. I try to avoid the gsxr crowd taking the turns at 120mph and the bicycle pelethons taking up both lanes. If I leave San Mateo by 8am they are all still sleeping off their hangovers from Friday.

Nice bike, welcome to the MV family!

I live near 280 and Woodside Rd. and swing by Alice's on my "standard solo Sunday" route. I'll keep an eye out for you. (My 910S is orange, hard to miss.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts