MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

MVAgusta.net will be going through a bit of a change. Some will like it, some will hate it, but it is happening. It'll be a lot cleaner of a look with more user interactive features. Much of the focus of the change has been on the home page and other surrounding areas. My goal was to make the home page a place to be visited rather than ignored.

In order to make the homepage more interesting, I will be featuring gallery images as the main focus. They will interchange and I have built extensive administrative controls in order to make it easy for me to add new ones and manage the current ones (which to display, etc). It'll be exciting to see the images that get featured :) and I'm sure many of you will be proud to know that your images have already been selected and are queued up for a later time.

It is also a large change to bring this site into the newest age of web technology. I have included many improvements that I use on a daily basis on my other work to make the sites content easily browsed. Hopefully you all will find this improvement as a better way to see what is new on the site, from gallery album updates, to forum threads from the main page.

I have also really focused on starting an FAQ database which will connect users to threads in the forum. It will start empty but with the help of everyone it can become an incredible database of information. The key to this has been to make it easy for users to suggest threads, and make it easy for me to manage suggestions and add them to the FAQ database. Every thread will now contain an easy link which can be clicked to automatically submit the thread as a suggestion to the FAQ. That will be all on the communities part -- and the rest will be on me to review and click "add" while thinking of an appropriate topic line for it. Simple as pie!

So to all that have loved the interchanging header of F4s, I'm sorry that this key element which has lasted for the past 5 years will be removed. However, I hope you like what is to come for the many years to come for this site.

On a side note, the STORE will still be offline but hopefully with time we will have new products I can bring online.

I'm happy to report that almost all elements have been completed (if not all of them) :naughty: This has been a labor of love for the past several weeks.

Thanks all, and happy holidays!

Alvin :drummer:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Sweet, I love change, it keeps everyone alert:)

This is the most awesome site that I have been a member of, the credit for that must go to the administrator. :yo:

Thanks for making it a possiblity :drummer:

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Looking forward to it Alvin....If its better than the current I'm sure i'm going to love it, as I already spend way to many hours surfing this forum.....thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
woo looks really nice
awesome keep up the good work Alvin
thank you

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Keep up the good work mate.

·
King of Bling
9,811 Posts
The new format looks fresh and more contemporary :smoking:. I look forward to seeing the launch of the new revised version, but remember that old saying “Don’t fix what isn’t broken”. ;)

Alvin have a Great Christmas holiday and a Happy New Year with your family and friends ..

John

·
Registered
341 Posts
Alvin, I'm sure we will all learn to love the new site as we do the current incarnation. Thanks for all the work you put in and Happy Holidays to everyone :yo:

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Looks good to me! Thanks for always looking to improve the site. This site has to be one of the leading in the world for MV's, so i would proud of that if i was you!!!

·
Administrator
19,129 Posts
Great stuff Alvin....thank you for all you do and MERRY CHRISTMAS - HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours!!

:yo:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Already looking forward to it, Alvin. Thanks! :)

PS will it have an alternative home page? You know, one with those big easy-to-understand, easy-to-push buttons. It's not for me, it's for those old age pensioners around here :D:later:

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Already looking forward to it, Alvin. Thanks! :)

PS will it have an alternative home page? You know, one with those big easy-to-understand, easy-to-push buttons. It's not for me, it's for those old age pensioners around here :D:later:

:ahhh:

Like one of these?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Works on my mobile browser -- but I do have a Droid.. no flash or anything involved so if you have a modern web enabled phone it should load just dandy. I do not have a separate visual for mobile apps though.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts