MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm a brit who has relocated to the middle east, been in Dubai for the past 2.5 years now. Settled in to the sandpit and enjoying life out here.

I have recently aquired a rare sight around these parts, an F4 1000S. I haven't seen another MV in all the time I've been here, they never officially imported them here although there was a distributor in Kuwait I believe who had a branch in Dubai that brought a few batches in, one batch in 2005, one in 2010, but I'm not sure how many bikes made it in. Maybe not more than a handful each time.

So on to the bike, it's got a power commander and a wide band commander fitted, and an Arrow RG3 with no cat. Can't see any other mods which I recognise.

The bike pulls well from low speed - say 3k rpm upwards and has no issues with top end power, I've not noticed any flat spots which is good.

I have to say, I love the bike. It gets plenty of attention around Dubai, most people just want to know what it is and which planet it came from! I have to keep an eye on her when parked in busier public places, attracts people to take pictures etc...

I've found a garage nearby that has an experienced french dude who sets up suspension on bikes, they are also the importer for Aprilia in Dubai so hope they know what they're doing. I'm going to have issues finding MV expertise here (there is none basically), so was happy to find this forum which seems like a great informative place full of enthusiastic owners. I hope to be on here a long time and get to know you all better!

Some pics of the bike:

With her stablemate:

Outside where I work (you may recognise this from the new Mission Impossible movie):

This building you may know:

Winter has just started to kick in here, so we have about 7-8 months of perfect weather to get out on the bikes! Summer is a sweltering 4 months where temps are above 35, and can touch on mid to late 40s at worst!

Take care guys, and stay safe

·
Registered
41 Posts
The bike looks great.. so does the gt3.. it's a great garage setup.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, the GT3 is incredible in its own right - great road/track car. But the feeling on the MV is totally different!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
welcome mate
its an amazing bike, i have exactly the same
and this mate is one of the best and nicest forums ever
just an amazing place to hang around
if you need any parts for the bike. contact "cag" on the forum here he is a legend and an mv wrecker, he will have what u need and sends all around the globe.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your bike. Great choice.

I lived in Qatar for a year and my humble opinon on the weather, do not ride the mv in the hot summer days. It will be a torture for both you and the bike. I used to wake up at 5am in July just to go for a small ride with the RSV4 then and rushed home before 9am and 52C!

Enjoy
p.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here to and am still wading through the wealth of information available. The Bike looks great by the way.

I spent some time in Dubai this year as well and you can keep those summer months. I just could not get enthusiastic about riding in that heat no matter how great the bike.

One query though. Where do you ride that beast. The roads around the UAE are in great condition but I did not see any road that had was not flat and straight. Can you get access to the race track because that did look impressive? (from the road driving past)

cheers

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
So,how's the beer? :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum man, you will find a plethora of good people and good advice here. Here are a few links that you should check out for more MV info:

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/ some good how to's

http://my.agusta.us/ manuals and such

http://www.mvagustauk.net/forum/showthread.php?19-sources-and-tips the Knurl's tips and tricks

Enjoy your winter riding, our temps get a little bit over 35-40 in the winter too, but that's fahrenheit.:freezing:

Keep the rubber down and the leather up:f4:
Hey, thanks for the links, very useful I will keep them on favourite.

Welcome and congrats on your bike. Great choice.

I lived in Qatar for a year and my humble opinon on the weather, do not ride the mv in the hot summer days. It will be a torture for both you and the bike. I used to wake up at 5am in July just to go for a small ride with the RSV4 then and rushed home before 9am and 52C!

Enjoy
p.
Hi, agree with you 100% - no plans to ride in the summer, good timing that I picked it up just after summer finished here, weather is glorious now and will stay this way for next 7 months. Everyone has their bikes out of storage and on the roads at the moment! Saw a couple harleys, honda goldwings and a Hyabusa last night on my way home from dinner. Bike fever at the moment!

Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here to and am still wading through the wealth of information available. The Bike looks great by the way.

I spent some time in Dubai this year as well and you can keep those summer months. I just could not get enthusiastic about riding in that heat no matter how great the bike.

One query though. Where do you ride that beast. The roads around the UAE are in great condition but I did not see any road that had was not flat and straight. Can you get access to the race track because that did look impressive? (from the road driving past)

cheers
Hey, plenty of places to ride - first is the tracks here, we have Dubai Autodrome which is about 15mins away from my home http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/ bike trackday details here http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/bike-track-days/ looking at about $109 for a track evening on the club curcuit so not too bad at all, and also we have the Abu Dhabi Yas Marina F1 track which is about 1hr away from me also avail for trackdays http://www.yasmarinacircuit.com/ - for good measure the California Superbike School guys run two events a year at Yas F1, so I will also get involved in that. Yas also has NHRA drag strip avail so I will see how I get on with that http://www.yasmarinacircuit.com/en/Events_Detail.aspx?gid=34

Outside of the track, best bet is to head out of town, south east to Al Ain where we have one of the great driver/riders roads in the region, a driveway built by the germans up a 2000ft mountain, see a review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmvJ59kFh74
Head north to the hajir mounutains and you can canyon carve till your heart content. Head east and you have long straight roads with no cops/camera so you can ride as quick as you like, then you have more winding mountain roads on the Indian ocean side of the country (Fujairah) which you can hammer till your hearts content!

So yeah, if you know where you're going, then you can blast till you drop! Also plenty of fun to be had in Oman which is next door if you have a trailer. Bottom line, it's a petrolheads country here, so they make sure you can have enough fun whilst on the road!

So,how's the beer? :)
Dunno, I don't drink! Dubai is a very family orientated city, but you have the best clubs/night life in the region, the girls are off the charts and you can get a drink pretty much when you desire. Booze is not illegal here, you need to have a license to drink at home and buy it, but there is no shortage. It's not Saudi Arabia my friend......

Time Out Dubai has a nightlife page, they take pics of evening events - maybe you thought all the girls here wear the black ninja outfit, some of the locals do - but it's 85% expat population in Dubai, normal party would look like this: http://www.timeoutdubai.com/gallery/36267-villa-romana-halloween-party-in-dubai :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
It's not Saudi Arabia my friend......
I knew that......I was just kidding. As an architecture buff, I'd love to visit Dubai. Seeing the lights at Yas Marina during the F1 race is over the top.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congrats and I envy your weather for the next 7 months. I worked in Saudi Arabia for 3 years and then Dubai for 6 years running the marina at the Jebel Ali Hotel. I'm very familiar with the roads you mentioned and agree that there is plenty of outstanding riding to be had. Just watch for the camels!! Wouldn't want to hit one of those big desert rats at speed and it's amazing how they blend into the background until you're on top of them.

Eric

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm a brit who has relocated to the middle east, been in Dubai for the past 2.5 years now. Settled in to the sandpit and enjoying life out here.

I have recently aquired a rare sight around these parts, an F4 1000S. I haven't seen another MV in all the time I've been here, they never officially imported them here although there was a distributor in Kuwait I believe who had a branch in Dubai that brought a few batches in, one batch in 2005, one in 2010, but I'm not sure how many bikes made it in. Maybe not more than a handful each time.

So on to the bike, it's got a power commander and a wide band commander fitted, and an Arrow RG3 with no cat. Can't see any other mods which I recognise.

The bike pulls well from low speed - say 3k rpm upwards and has no issues with top end power, I've not noticed any flat spots which is good.

I have to say, I love the bike. It gets plenty of attention around Dubai, most people just want to know what it is and which planet it came from! I have to keep an eye on her when parked in busier public places, attracts people to take pictures etc...

I've found a garage nearby that has an experienced french dude who sets up suspension on bikes, they are also the importer for Aprilia in Dubai so hope they know what they're doing. I'm going to have issues finding MV expertise here (there is none basically), so was happy to find this forum which seems like a great informative place full of enthusiastic owners. I hope to be on here a long time and get to know you all better!

Some pics of the bike:

With her stablemate:

Outside where I work (you may recognise this from the new Mission Impossible movie):

This building you may know:

Winter has just started to kick in here, so we have about 7-8 months of perfect weather to get out on the bikes! Summer is a sweltering 4 months where temps are above 35, and can touch on mid to late 40s at worst!

Take care guys, and stay safe
The 1000s sure is a terrific bike.....................and yours looks truly stunning, possibly however you may find the need to fit a cooling fan override switch as apparently it gets a tad warm over there!!

:smoking:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll not find a better place in the entire world for support and guidance on MVs. Congrats. Bike looks very nice.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats buddy! Yeah the F4 is something out of this world isn't it. Yeah I was also three Years in Dubai and believe me the summer is not only 4 month long. It is basically insanely sweat driving from April till October. And yeah the Autodrome is a fantastic track. I drove there a few times with single seaters. Yeah and if the straight roads get to boring just take an exit, those are as crazy as riding at Macau. And Tristar Motorcycles at Ras Al Khor Road where selling MV Agusta at least in 2010/2011. They sold quite a few of F4 and Brutale and might are still an MV dealership. Than there were a few forum members from Dubai. Michael Canino and UAE championship Ducati rider. I'm now on the other side of the mountains in Oman and would love to change with You.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts