MV Agusta Forum banner

New MV Owner

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Shin@mvagusta.net 
#1 ·
Hello Guys (and ladies?),
Just introducing myself as a brand new MV Agusta owner. I previously rode Honda, Kawasaki and BMW.
I took delivery of a new 2014 Brutale 800 last Friday and cannot believe what a beast she is. She makes my BMW K1200GT feel like a bus looking for a parking space. I had no idea that such explosive power and phenomenal cornering existed outside the racing industry.
On my way home from the dealer I pulled up in 2nd gear next to my wife's car after going through a toll booth and tried to show off with a loud rev and a good handful of throttle. Well, for the first time in over 40 years of riding I did a wheelie, and it seemed to go on forever. I got such a fright I don't need to buy a gel seat anymore! The wife was very impressed but she tells me that the occupants of the three traffic police cars parked near the toll exit were not. The amazing thing is that I had the bike in Training Wheels mode (Rain mode plus TC at level 8) > I hate to think what it will do in Sport mode.
It is good to join a forum of bikers who are so passionate about their marque.

#3 ·
Passionate...and a bit twisted....

Welcome!:smoking:

#5 ·
Congrats

I bought the Italia version & after about 600 miles, I can say it's FUN FUN FUN every time I take it out. I'm going to end up with a steering damper on it, those wheelies happen in 3rd gear at 100mph (still have a hard time believing a 800 pulls this hard) and it gets a little nervous at times upon touch down.:f4:
The motor feels like my 2005 F4 most of the time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.