1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly my thoughts.....i was personally hoping for something NEW.....im getting a little tired of quadrillionth iteration fo F4.....although the Tambo still makes me giddy to look at.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yeah, I'd get a kick out of the exclusivity, seeing as I couldn't actually ride it at 310 kph. There's something very scary about the fact that mv sees a market for it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure you could you would.....you would only need like 2 miles and a smooth surface......oh yeah and giant set of NUTS

·
Registered
503 Posts
310kph is an interesting number. There is an unwritten agreement among the manufactureres to voluntarily limit top speed to 300 kph (186mph). MV will apparently ignore this agreement by going to 310kph (192mph). Suzuki with their Hayabusa and Kawasaki with their ZX14 can reach this number already if they de-restrict the engine control modules which currently cut power at 300 kph. I wonder if this will escalate.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I gather they will make only 100 of them...and I bet they sell them. I don't see it as a bad idea from MV's perspective. All the stock bikes are hard to sell, like all the other brands, but the limited editions fly out the door. Ducati sold out their $65k RR's. I forget the numbers, but I think they increased production based on demand. So now MV can claim an even more powerful king of the hill. Don't get me wrong, it's not for me - the front wheel lifting on my F4 @ 12k rpm is all the excitement I can handle. I would much prefer to see a new bike, but I think there is a market and don't see how it hurts the brand. :blah:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yesterday my wife helped a guy go through our trash (springcleaning stuff). He strapped some hi-fi cables, shelf planks and a yoga mat on his Honda 90 (yes, it's a bike) and rode away. They didn't speak but she said he looked thankful.

How is this related to this thread? It's not really, but MV has gone down in my estimation. I won't be boasting to anyone about MV and especially not the C.C.

Call it an attack of conscience--for me, it's not a bad thing to have sometimes.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I understand what you are saying....a fair point...because excess can be wretched. However, I'm looking at it from MV's perspective. They do need to compete with Ducati, the RR, etc. Maybe a decent analogy is the Enzo. A $1MM car too is crazy. But I think Ferrari's attitude is it represents a commitment to excellence and fosters the brand. But I don't buy the MV's because they can one up Ducati or accelerate the hp wars

·
Registered
102 Posts
It would be an "attack od conscience" if you then went ahead and sold your MV and never looked back.............

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
dearpixel said:
How is this related to this thread? It's not really, but MV has gone down in my estimation. I won't be boasting to anyone about MV and especially not the C.C.

Call it an attack of conscience--for me, it's not a bad thing to have sometimes.
hmmm
this is a very important post from you
and it really makes me think
i appreciate you taking the time to tell us this "event" in THIS thread

i agree with you about this $125,000.00 bike
absolutely NOTHING about which to brag
and it does nothing for MV's image to the majority of the world

thanks for the post

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
MVorBMW said:
I understand what you are saying....a fair point...because excess can be wretched. However, I'm looking at it from MV's perspective. They do need to compete with Ducati, the RR, etc. Maybe a decent analogy is the Enzo. A $1MM car too is crazy. But I think Ferrari's attitude is it represents a commitment to excellence and fosters the brand. But I don't buy the MV's because they can one up Ducati or accelerate the hp wars
for me...
it's just ridiculous that there is some COUNTDOWN TIMER on the FRONT page of their own site for a ridiculously UNobtainable bike

mv isn't ferrari
they don't make 400K bikes....
these are MOTORCYCLES, not cars

it's time to SELL SOME BIKES to feed their R&D account

when yamaha's new R1 comes out.... they'll sell thousands of them... putting money in their pockets to develop new bikes

it pisses me off that we have spent money on and MV so that the company can make money to make an UNobtainable bike.

they ought to take that money and find a way to make a 15K bike for the masses (like the new entry-level 1098 from ducati)...

then you could get TONS OF NEW FOLKS TO BE AN MV OWNER... and THAT is then future of any fledgling company... NOT trying to show how they can waste money by making 1-off art...
that is NOT "forward" thinking in MY book

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
922 Posts
spalding12 said:
for me...
it's just ridiculous that there is some COUNTDOWN TIMER on the FRONT page of their own site for a ridiculously UNobtainable bike

mv isn't ferrari

when yamaha's new R1 comes out.... they'll sell thousands of them... putting money in their pockets to develop new bikes

it pisses me off that we have spent money on and MV so that the company can make money to make an UNobtainable bike.

they ought to take that money and find a way to make a 15K bike for the masses (like the new entry-level 1098 from ducati)...

then you could get TONS OF NEW FOLKS TO BE AN MV OWNER... and THAT is then future of any fledgling company... NOT trying to show how they can waste money by making 1-off art...
You're a passionate man, Greg. I don't know what's happened in your life, mate, but you've been blessed with a special spirit. I am grateful for the circumstances surrounding my MV purchase--below dealer cost if I'm not wrong. I was lucky. At retail it would have been totally out of the question. I'm also very lucky to earn a living from what I do. Curse the day I start taking all that for granted.

MV, and all entities, have a responsibility to show some kind of stewardship. MV has a huge snob-factor, and that's something to question. Thanks, Greg, for your thoughts on it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
exduc said:
It would be an "attack od conscience" if you then went ahead and sold your MV and never looked back.............
I love my MV, but sometimes I get a sense of the excess. It did hurt to think the man was pleased to get a used yoga mat, which I'm guessing will be used as a mattress of sorts.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
No need to wait in line, guys.

Just get a standard F-4 and put ten stacks of c-notes ($100,000) on the tank. Toss away a bill every few miles to duplicate the depreciation of the factory version.

·
Registered
922 Posts
emmvee said:
No need to wait in line, guys.

Just get a standard F-4 and put ten stacks of c-notes ($100,000) on the tank. Toss away a bill every few miles to duplicate the depreciation of the factory version.
Ha! But that would mean taking me hands off the controls, and heaven knows I wouldn't do that.

On the other hand, it would make a lot of pedestrians happy, and that's probably better than waving, if I may cross reference a recent thread.

·
Registered
756 Posts
spalding12 said:
for me...

mv isn't ferrari

Greg, I understand your perspective, but, let me respond to a couple of your points. First, I want MV to thrive as well. I'm not sure making less expensive bikes is the answer. In my opinion, to some extent, Ducati is suffering because they compromised. Maybe MV is better off producing better, slightly more expensive bikes like the new F41000R? I gladly paid MSRP for the 910R. The product is exceptional, and I want the dealers to make money and stick around. Second, I'm not a fan of the initiative, but I don't know that this is such a distraction or consumer of resources. Maybe tweaking the F4 and selling 100 of them @ $120k will actually generate capital for R&D? I don't think they are doing this to prove they can waste money. Once again, I'm not a buyer of this bike if I had the money, but I'm more not paying attention to it than taking the company to task for it. :conveyer: :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
What's the big deal? If MV wants to make a bike and charge that kind of money, it's their business. If someone wants to buy the thing, that's their business, too. Although, for their sake I hope they've got the sense not to buy a bike that costs more than the house they live in.

Now, as far as to what I hope MV might build instead, I hope they make a bike I would like more than my Brutale. But that would take a LOT of doing. And a LOT more than just bolting some pricey parts on what they've already got. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts