MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Justin here form the Denver area. Just picked up a 2008 MV Brutale 910 S a week ago. I have owned MANY bike in the last 9 years I have been riding and I will say that this one is up in the top 3 for most fun and well built bike. I am nothing but smiles on this one so far.

Only thing is that there isnt much that I can seem to find for customization (other then the typical Carbon Fiber goodies). I am looking specifically for a fender eliminator, and definately gotta do something about those damn mirrors.

well I will get some pics up shortly.

- Justin

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome to the forum Justin. Hope you have fun and learn a lot about MV's.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys! yeah im hoping to learn a lot. I have seen the bar end mirrors but havent heard anything about them and not sure if they will be any better.

Anyone got any ideas on the undertail to get rid of that enormous fender-thing that looks hideous. I see the whole fender deal just comes out but im not sure how to fill the hole it leaves.

I do already have the Arrow full system with the short can and the Arrow steering dampener already (came on the bike :mouthwate ).

what about gearing? i noticed that it is geared really low too compared to my other bikes. I dont even really get above 6k on the tach under normal riding conditions. Wouldnt mind a little more get-up-and-go (AKA stand-up-and-go, lol).

- Justin

·
Registered
125 Posts
First of all, congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum!

The CRG mirrors are fantastic! I only have 1 (CRG Lane Split) on my bike and it is more than sufficient for individual or group rides. They stay steady without shaking, this is important as it allows you to see clearly. As far as the under tail kit goes, I have the one at this link, https://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=202 . It makes effective use of the stock license plate light and cleans the tail up nicely.

In my opinion, these are the 2 best cosmetic changes that you can make to the bike (other than the awesome exhaust that you mentioned above). I agree that the stock tail kit looks horrible and the mirrors are useless, unless you like staring at your armpits.

Good luck and cheers!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congratz bro. You won't regret the purchase.

I have to agree with Admin here. Motovation has you covered in all the parts you are looking for. I've ordered all my parts from them with no problems.... Arrow Thunder, CRG Lane split mirrors, Clear Alternatives integrated tail kit, Motovation bar ends, and fender eliminator kit.

As for the gearing. I think the bike is already a wheelie machine, (1st through 3rd is just silly). But if you are serious about it I think Emoto has something for you. But I would caution you about ordering from them.

Have fun!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Welcome from Santa Fe. I have Rizoma Limit mirrors and love them (see www.pjsparts.com ), and the fender eliminating thing from Evoluzione, and a few other parts from Motovation. Bike is so damn pretty don't think it needs as much customization as many others. The gearing I've grown accustomed to, and have even toured on it successfully. Enjoy!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, thanks for the info and warm welcome everyone. Seems that this is one of the friendliest groups online. I frequent MANY other message boards with WAY more members then this one and never had this kind of welcome.

Anyway, i have stumbled on that motivation site before. I will definately be getting the mirror from them. As far as the undertail, mine is different from everything they have in the pics. It seems to be for a euro plate... eitherway, nothing that really caught my eye on that though. I was thinking about mounting the plate either on the swingarm or way down near the swingarm under the tail.

I love the look of just a real sleek tail with nothing hanging off of it.

Also, I have been known to be real creative and crafty and was thinking about making a blinker assy. that will go into the vents on the side of the tail, with a tinted diffuser and LEDs behind that. Anyone done anything like that? I like the Clear Alternatives integrated tail but I just dont like the idea of eliminating extra lighting in the rear as colorado drivers are FREAKIN IDIOTS! lol.

In regards to the gearing, I live at nearly 6000 feet above sea level and as a result, only have about 70% of my total power available over sea level so a little more get-up-and-go would be good (although im not saying that it doesnt have plenty of power, just would like it a little more accessable).

And to the guy that mentioned where i could get gearing from but gave me a caution... what should I be concerned about?

- Justin

·
Registered
917 Posts
only 6000 ft? that's nuthin' Santa Fe is 7000! just kidding, but do you worry if that if you change your gearing and go to a lower altitude than you'll be geared way too low? Maybe a sprocket change is an easy enough chore to make it conveinent...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
only 6000 ft? that's nuthin' Santa Fe is 7000! just kidding, but do you worry if that if you change your gearing and go to a lower altitude than you'll be geared way too low? Maybe a sprocket change is an easy enough chore to make it conveinent...
Yeah, no plans of going to a lower altitude any time soon. If i do a cross country or something (trip to vegas planned in the summer) then I can always change the sprocket back.

- Justin

·
Registered
88 Posts
Justin,
Two things:

1: Not positive, but I think your current Plate holder or rear fender is an after market one already. And I agree with you. Doesn't look good.

2: I have no personal experience with Emoto. But many other members here have. I have heard limited good news, and a bunch of bad news. Which is sad because they have a lot of cool stuff for MV's. Look around this forum. There are plenty of stories. But you decide for your self.

Here is the link... http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/b4chainsprocketsb.htm#rearsprockets

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aww man, they really do have a lot of stuff for the Brutale. I just might have to take my chances. they pretty much have everything that i havent been able to find.

In regards to bad exp. is it primarily bad customer service or bad product? Man... you shouldnt have shown me that site!

My wallets gonna be hurting here soon.

- Justin

·
Registered
876 Posts
Nice bike! You said it had the exhaust system when you got it, do you know if the ECU was changed or reflashed to overcome the oxygen sensor issue? If it wasn't, it could explain why you feel it is a little down on power. Mine feels stronger and even sounds better in the cool of winter campared to the desert heat of summer but I see no loss of power due to elevation up to 8000 ft.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well im not sure about the eprom... although im under the impression that the 910 didnt have a reflash option.

I cant really say that I am at a loss of power per se, as i dont have anything to compare it to, im just going of knowledge that higher altitude means less air (im a pilot as well so you learn the calculations and such). Dont get me wrong, it has ample power... i just cant leave anything well enough alone.

- Justin

·
Registered
88 Posts
Justin,
Just search the Forum for Emoto. And read a few posts. You should understand soon enough.

Also, there is an overwhelming wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum. The Guys are great so any questions you have will most likely get answered. Good luck with the mods. I'm jealous you have one of the orange and black ones.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Justin,
Just search the Forum for Emoto. And read a few posts. You should understand soon enough.

Also, there is an overwhelming wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum. The Guys are great so any questions you have will most likely get answered. Good luck with the mods. I'm jealous you have one of the orange and black ones.
I will have to do some research then. i really want A LOT of stuff from that site though.

I really like the orange and black though. The only gripe I have thus far is that most people that see it seem to think it is a Buell... damn ignorant "riders". LOL. I absolutely HATE hardley Davidson and anything to do with them so it bugs me. I just need to hang out with a little more educated crowd. lol.

I am looking forward to making her my own though. All i need though. something else to drain me of money.

- Justin

1 - 20 of 47 Posts