MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... Damn, I didn't realize how good a new MV smells, definitely better than a new car smell :toothless ... my garage smells of that right now.

This is my first brand new Superbike, an MV Agusta 1000R - took it home today:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,431 Posts
nice! congrats! bring her into the world nice and easy. then, when she's ready, thrash the hell out of her!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys... I am bemused and beside myself with disbelief, particularly that its a brand new bike (all my stuff has always been used).

I always thought its smarter to buy used, but I guess just once in a rare while, paying-up for something brand new is worth that sensational feeling... I guess I didn't really pay-up for it as I got an offer I could not refuse (there goes the miser in me again).

The bike is an unbelievable experience. I thought that nothing will ever match that goosebump-filled first ride on my first ever superbike, a sweet GSXR, I will never forget that bike, nothing could possibly match it ... and I have had many nice bikes since.... until this MV F4100R... This bike has given me that feeling like I am on a superbike for the first time again... I am speechless!

G. Rand, I am in OC! Not too far from you at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
congrats man! she is a beauty. I forgot to mention the smell.. lol something I can't put into words what the smell is like.

I have not had a chance to ride mine since doing the throttle spring removal but it feels like it will be much better.

Now comes the modding... lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,384 Posts
And so you did it.......... :)

Congrats!!! She's a beauty :smoking: and i know that feeling about bringing a brand new MV home :f4:

Wish you the best with it :f4:

BTW very nice stable :yo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Does anyone know the exact type wax motorcycle factories use to protect the bikes when produced and ready to ship? The smell of a new bike comes from this wax melting during the first use of the bike...; I love that smell...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tripleinside said:
Does anyone know the exact type wax motorcycle factories use to protect the bikes when produced and ready to ship? The smell of a new bike comes from this wax melting during the first use of the bike...; I love that smell...
You are right... yes it does smell like that burning wax! I love it... its a smell that reminds you that you are the first :toothless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,384 Posts
Sig.Scuro said:
You are right... yes it does smell like that burning wax! I love it... its a smell that reminds you that you are the first :toothless
That's kind of like when the second hand car salesman puts that special product that smells like a new car on an old car, and the buyer goes and says "this car is in such good shape that it even smells like new, what a bargain!" :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
MV-999R said:
That's kind of like when the second hand car salesman puts that special product that smells like a new car on an old car, and the buyer goes and says "this car is in such good shape that it even smells like new, what a bargain!" :D
We all know they make a futile attempt... new car smell combined with "old socks" smell doesn't come out right at all :toothless

Rick - you probably haven't seen DM1's garage yet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
nicensleazy said:
Tell us more about the smell !!
I experienced the same thing when I got my MV......it smelled odd to me...

but then I checked my shoe, and it was just dog shit.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top