MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, now that we've got the Harley thing out of the way, anyone care to speculate if the new F4 or Triple will show up at Milan? Rumor has it the designs have already been drawn up so maybe a non-running prototype will show up at Milan?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is F5 the official name of the new F4 and why 5? But then again what does the F4 stand for? 5 cyclinders like the old R1's?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Yep, new generation F4. I think its been completed sometime ago, just lacked the funds. Even Trevor Franklin hinted about it in his last MV Agusta test ride. Great times ahead, I hope!!!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yep, new generation F4. I think its been completed sometime ago, just lacked the funds. Even Trevor Franklin hinted about it in his last MV Agusta test ride. Great times ahead, I hope!!!!
+1

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
In November Man.in November...Let me go to the sea now!Hahahahaha
:drummer:
pier
Careful Pier.....you're beginning to sound like Sammy Boner....too many haha's! :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I read an Interview with CC yesterday in the German "Motorrad" Magazin, along with a test of the Brutale 1078. There he made the comment that the new Bikes will be shown in 2009 and that they did make some errors during the planning. For an example he mentioned that the 910 was favoured last Year over the 910R, so they planned to launch the 989 first. So the demand for the 1078 caught them on surprise. Changing the Production from the 989 now to the 1078 will take some time in changing orders with suppliers.
Okay the Interview was taken before HD announced Intentions to aquire MV Agusta. He said also that they search an investing Partner other than selling MV Agusta. Of Course things look different now but the Deal is not done yet and needs in addition aproval of the Authorities. So I imagine the Deal will be not closed before fall and consequently will be no money being flowing before that. This would leave only weeks for MV / HD to complete their Show Pieces. So I have my doubts about EICMA 2008 and wouldn't raise my hopes to much.

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
I don't know. I would think with all this take over business they would have to unveil at least one new bike at EICMA.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
They will probably just show us the 2 'new' models (mito 500 @ STR 650 CRC) we've already seen, though now rebadged as MV's, my guess.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I dont know about any new models, but I have a question for all of you! Isnt the target market for the Brutale and the Buell more or less the same? How are they going to work round this?

·
Registered
99 Posts
MVs are for people with twice as much money as Buell people. Who also like to go fast and stop fast. I don't see a clash.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
I dont know about any new models, but I have a question for all of you! Isnt the target market for the Brutale and the Buell more or less the same? How are they going to work round this?
Buell = joke
Brutale = laughing at the joke!

:smoking: they don't clash at all, they go hand-in-hand

1 - 20 of 23 Posts