MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Hi macmivvi

Who are Moto GB?

Excuse my ignorance but I just checked them out on google and nothing realy jumped off the page at me, will someone please enlighten me as I have another project to start early in the new year and will require and account.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Well, I just hope that shake up the MV dealer network in the UK ! Sad news about 3 X, however, that life I suppose!

·
Registered
264 Posts
From 3X's comment on the MCN article "It was a tough decision", perhaps they were instrumental in off loading the importership deal ?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
The article I read says 3X need to expand their Peugot scooter side of things, they will stay as dealers but lose the Importer side of things, I hope we are not going to be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire :jsm:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
well if the benelli stand at last years manchester bike show and this years nec are anything to go by then it looks like things could be onthe way up for us brit mv owners!! they put a lot of effort in to their stands and presentation was good ...............................remember there was no mvs t the nec again this year so going by that their should be an mv prescence next year

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
They're in Wigan, I spoke to em yesterday they are the current Benelli importers but wont take charge until early in the new year!

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Be nice and handy for me thats for sure...............................only problem is that the MV factory are having a big swap about at the moment, so I envisage a certain amount of pandemonium during early 2008, there again I may be wrong, we'll just have to hold our breath for a smooth transition, can't dismiss the fact that 3x have held the official importer position for eons now and are very experienced and well set up to deal with it all.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Don't forget what KJM did to Benneli, they took over and reduced the bikes price by about £400O............................ :jsm:

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
I didn't know that Mike.......................holy shit!! :jsm:

But there again Benelli may well have been completely overpriced to start with and combining that with poor sales they possibly needed to do this radical move.

I was looking at the Benelli's @ the NEC the other week and the quality is still far from a work of art from an engineering point of veiw, the levers have @ least 5mm up and down play from new and the bike generally looks very hit and miss and poorly thought out (Thats my personal opinion anyway)

I must say though that on the other hand the bike that did impress me no end was the KTM RC8 :yo: It was beautifully engineered! all the castings were absolutly superb, other than that it seems to have been styled by the same bloke it would appear who did Krytons head from Red Dwarf

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
adecritten said:
I must say though that on the other hand the bike that did impress me no end was the KTM RC8
It was beautifully engineered! all the castings were absolutly superb, other than that it seems to have been styled by the same bloke it would appear who did Krytons head from Red Dwarf
Ade Old Bean ..

I say you utter Shower.. Stop steeling my descriptive lines you Cad..

We fellow pipe smoking enthusiastic have got to stick together ..

Benelli are the Snoop Doggie bling of the Motor cycling World.. All design, and no substance..

Hard Cheese CEO of The Terry Thomas appreciation society

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
adecritten said:
They're in Wigan, I spoke to em yesterday they are the current Benelli importers but wont take charge until early in the new year!
Ade is right about their MV division being based in Wigan..

Their Head guy and their man in charge of Warranty/Parts is down at 3X next week … Can’t say much more, as it’s none of our business about the transitional processes between both the Companies, but all we can do is to wish Moto GB Ltd all the best for the future in the handling of MV in the UK, and thank Paul and his colleagues at 3X for all their help and support over the past years..

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
I say Johnny!!.....................

Being called a "Shah" was a bit harsh

I apologise to JDS as I did inadvertently purloin the description "Krytons Head" from the JDS repertoire as the term to describe the KTM RC8
Anyway wot you got for Tiffin? Otters Noses??

Furthermore he’s not the Messiah; he's just a very naughty boy!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts