MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All just bought a 2007 mv brutale R with 5995 miles on minted with MV Corsa pipes and remap chip lots of carbon steering damper and crash bungs extreamly pleased with the bike few miner problems done 250 miles from fri had it 3 days sorted out suspention far to hard for me
how do you set the TPS is there suposed to be a bit of play at the throtol is it suposed to be like a switch its eather on or of dose not seem to have an over run when throtel is shut had a cagiva raptor 1000 before then bought a bandit 1250 now the mv :brutale:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hi All just bought a 2007 mv brutale R with 5995 miles on minted with MV Corsa pipes and remap chip lots of carbon steering damper and crash bungs extreamly pleased with the bike few miner problems done 250 miles from fri had it 3 days sorted out suspention far to hard for me
how do you set the TPS is there suposed to be a bit of play at the throtol is it suposed to be like a switch its eather on or of dose not seem to have an over run when throtel is shut had a cagiva raptor 1000 before then bought a bandit 1250 now the mv :brutale:
TechnoResearch sells the diagnostic tool needed for TPS reset. It won't help the touchy throttle. It's a normal MV thing. If you do some searching you will find a wealth of information about it. I don't think it's worth big bucks to "fix". If you need to ride in traffic keep it in a higher gear than you would think and stay back a little, it will cruise along without much lunging forward or engine braking. I think it has given me a more sensitive touch.

Does Raptor denote an interest in ATV's?

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Hi Raptor, I assume you have a 910R, there's no chip to remap on that ECU, so you can just reset the TPS with the software as mentioned above.
Have a bit of a read through the info available on tuning and maintenance, and download the workshop manuals for you bike.
Hope you enjoy your stay.
Banshee rules.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tps

Cheers for info have had trouble with the other bikes ie my Cagiva Raptor and suzuki 1250 Bandit the raptor was easy to sort TPS as you looped two wires in the diagnostics plug bandit was the same both brought falt codes on dash with a small - it had to be in the middle not at top or bottom you just moved the tps to get it in the middle cagiva was a pease of cake it was bad for jeky throughtel but sorted it out 1250 bandits come from factory with the tps out - at the botom had to do similar to setting tps on mv this bike is uk spec and came with a mv corse pipes and new chip Eprom have the standerd chip and standard mv pipes with cat will be looking into getting the tools i need ie the wheel nut remover polygon tool need front and back a new stand so i can get wheels of the Y thingy for gas testing to set trim have balancing tool need spark plug tool and did you know the speedo is out by 5.2% if running a 190/55 rear and 8% running 190/50 rear what oil shulde be used a 10/40 or 10/60 place i bought it from put a 10/40 oil in it and can you fit a 16 or 17 tooth gear box sprocket .

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Welcome! However,

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts